• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Brother, I got up this morning and tested your method right away

I have two questions
(1)
I use tap water to add nutrient solution, without calmag,

The ppm of tap water is about 170, and then I add the nutrient solution. At the last step, I adjust the pH value and find that the ppm is 500,

But according to the ppm of hydroponics in the later stage of plants, it can not exceed 700,

I'd like to ask if I need to add some more calmag. If I use tap water, I'm really afraid of magnesium deficiency and calcium deficiency, and ppm still has 200 room to rise

(2)
In the fourth week of flowering, it is necessary to reduce the use calmag gradually.
What should I do then. Because the tap water contains magnesium and calcium, at that time, I can only use pure water without calmag. If so, then pH will rise again
Just tap water.. no cal mag. Or RO with 5ml cal mag. With way is good.

500 ppm total with tap or RO should be close in the end maybe 50ppm different. This is the base to the water. You adjust the rest of the ppm by raising or lowering nutrients not the cal mag.

Late in flower if in RO you can cut the cal mag in half or just use tap and no cal mag.

Have pics of the plants now?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Just tap water.. no cal mag. Or RO with 5ml cal mag. With way is good.

500 ppm total with tap or RO should be close in the end maybe 50ppm different. This is the base to the water. You adjust the rest of the ppm by raising or lowering nutrients not the cal mag.

Late in flower if in RO you can cut the cal mag in half or just use tap and no cal mag.

Have pics of the plants now?
I took two plants for experiment, (1) defoliation in Veg(I see in this article), (2) low stress training in Veg(
this channel.
, I want to see which is better, to be honest, I don't like to do too much topping(i only did once ), because the Veg period will be greatly affected, and this is my first planting, from the germination of 4.1 to now, I try to give it about 6 weeks of growth Period,。
I'll go home and take some pictures at night

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I took two plants for experiment, (1) defoliation in Veg(I see in this article), (2) low stress training in Veg(
this channel.
, I want to see which is better, to be honest, I don't like to do too much topping(i only did once ), because the Veg period will be greatly affected, and this is my first planting, from the germination of 4.1 to now, I try to give it about 6 weeks of growth Period,。
I'll go home and take some pictures at night
I top once then scrog. This grow will be all topping because I need to be able to pull plants in and out to pull the males.key is only top healthy plants

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I top once then scrog. This grow will be all topping because I need to be able to pull plants in and out to pull the males.key is only top healthy plants
BTW.I have question,
When it comes to flowering, do you need to turn off the lights for 24 hours or 4 days? Because some people turn off the lights for 4 days, others turn off the lights for 24 hours, i am confused abt that.

(2)
For example, when the lights start to turn off 24 hours later, is it entering the flowering period?
Or turn off the light. The moment when the light is turned on is the first day when the flower period officially enters (12 on / 12 off)

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Omg,i made a mistake ,not necessary to turn off 24 hs, Just switch the time to 12/12 hs
i got a product called “Sturdy stalk ” from emerald harvest,( belong to silica )

I checked some information before, saying that this product is best used to spray leaves,( 2.5ml with a gallon.) I don't have any experience in using this. Some people in the forum said once a month is enough. Others said spray feeding (only mixed sturdy stalk with water pH5.8). It's OK to spray it directly on plants. I want to know from you how to use it best. Is it to match with nutrient solution? I think the EC Value of rock wool is too low, so I can't match with nutrient solution for sure. The rest is only to use spray feeding method.

O1CN012214HTJbjGZJnOD 1106847059
O1CN012214HXt1YMTeeEy 1106847059
TB2S65RumYTBKNjSZKbXXXJ8pXa 1106847059
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Omg,i made a mistake ,not necessary to turn off 24 hs, Just switch the time to 12/12 hs
i got a product called “Sturdy stalk ” from emerald harvest,( belong to silica )

I checked some information before, saying that this product is best used to spray leaves,( 2.5ml with a gallon.) I don't have any experience in using this. Some people in the forum said once a month is enough. Others said spray feeding (only mixed sturdy stalk with water pH5.8). It's OK to spray it directly on plants. I want to know from you how to use it best. Is it to match with nutrient solution? I think the EC Value of rock wool is too low, so I can't match with nutrient solution for sure. The rest is only to use spray feeding method.
Start with your water then add silica 5ml per gallon, then ph down to 6.0, then add your you cal mag (only if using RO), then add nutrients, then ph down to 5.6-5.8.

I have never used it as a foliar spray but I'm sure other here have and may be able to help ya there.

Personally I would only use it as a foliar to combat something like PM by raising the PH of the leafs surface. I dont think it's bad to foliar spray it but I just choose to avoid foliar sprays where I can

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also turning the lights off for 24hrs when flipping to flower is not bad. In fact I would say it may be beneficial.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

BTW.I have question,
When it comes to flowering, do you need to turn off the lights for 24 hours or 4 days? Because some people turn off the lights for 4 days, others turn off the lights for 24 hours, i am confused abt that.

(2)
For example, when the lights start to turn off 24 hours later, is it entering the flowering period?
Or turn off the light. The moment when the light is turned on is the first day when the flower period officially enters (12 on / 12 off)
24 hrs is good enough. Longer at harvest i would also say can be beneficial.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Also turning the lights off for 24hrs when flipping to flower is not bad. In fact I would say it may be beneficial.
Does it help stretch faster and initiate flowering sooner? I’ve heard that somewhere.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Does it help stretch faster and initiate flowering sooner? I’ve heard that somewhere.
Imo it speeds up the shift into flower. I can't remember the chemical responsible. I'm off to bed but I will dig through my links tomorrow and try and get what info I have read on it

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

24 hrs is good enough. Longer at harvest i would also say can be beneficial.
24 Hrs
Start with your water then add silica 5ml per gallon, then ph down to 6.0, then add your you cal mag (only if using RO), then add nutrients, then ph down to 5.6-5.8.

I have never used it as a foliar spray but I'm sure other here have and may be able to help ya there.

Personally I would only use it as a foliar to combat something like PM by raising the PH of the leafs surface. I dont think it's bad to foliar spray it but I just choose to avoid foliar sprays where I can
THS, BRO , I'll try and mix with calmag and nutrients. but, how often is it used? From the first week of flowering to the eighth week of flowering?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

24 Hrs

THS, BRO , I'll try and mix with calmag and nutrients. but, how often is it used? From the first week of flowering to the eighth week of flowering?
Can be used for the entire grow. I wouldn't think much benefit for the last couple weeks though.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Can be used for the entire grow. I wouldn't think much benefit for the last couple weeks though.
ths bro, entire grow? from early stage of plant growth ?

This time I have to start from flowering stage.
Every time when I mix the nutrient solution, I need to mix some water, otherwise ppm will exceed the standard, such as the veg stage of rock wool (EC 0.5-0.6) and the second week of flowering of rock wool (EC 0.8-09).
Normally, the ppm will not exceed the standard for hydroponics and aeroponics. so the next time i really dont wanna rock wool.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ths bro, entire grow? from early stage of plant growth ?

This time I have to start from flowering stage.
Every time when I mix the nutrient solution, I need to mix some water, otherwise ppm will exceed the standard, such as the veg stage of rock wool (EC 0.5-0.6) and the second week of flowering of rock wool (EC 0.8-09).
Normally, the ppm will not exceed the standard for hydroponics and aeroponics. so the next time i really dont wanna rock wool.
Remember all those are guidelines not rules. Depending on the grow you may a higher or lower EC

Latest posts

Top Bottom