Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Very smart. I used to run a dedicated offline laptop too, just don't have the need for it as much anymore. Getting used business computers for dirt cheap is wonderful. I'm actually planning on putting up a network of old laptops plugged into 1080p usb cameras and old cell phones for surveillance. There are so many ways to reuse that stuff...

I've had a preference to not use Apple's products for a while. I'm a tinkerer, I like to build, maintain, and upgrade my own machines (and, like, everything else) when possible. Apple has had a tendency to make that difficult. Same reason I'd never buy a John Deere tractor given the need.
Began with a Vic20>Commodore64> Commodore Pet> Kaypro> At&T64>..yada, yada..used to be really into it, and I long for the days of CPM and DOS 3.2! LOL

Moshmen

Moshmen

Good info..BUT.........
I bet alot of those companies turning a blind eye are US owned!
Well I’ll jump in here and say from a manufacturer stand point , I used to make folding tables and chairs, then the “special zone” came along and we started prchaseing product from China hardship zones “ jungle inhabitants “ litterely ! Quality sucked !!!! But I could buy a shipping container of crappy product scrap 1/2 of it and then plan on replacing anther 15% and still made more money than manufacturing here! Our investors had no choice - well if we wanted to stay in business.
We picked our manufacturer it on price but whether they had enuff electric and or a roof on the building !
I guess what I’m saying is I hate the Chinese as much as the next guy but we as Americans have driven their economy we are the responsible ones ! There are many ways to look at the abuse that happens . But again if ya buy American there are so many untruthful companies right here in the good ol USA !
Ok my rant is over and iMa still use chinese led going to build some here in the coming year and I’m sure they will be chinese but we will c?
P.s. in my case I had to use led cuz of heat it just got 2 hot I tried hps and cmh before I broke down an bought the chinese fakes ! Learning curve for sure but it’s the future like it or not

Ok let’s all stop bitchin and get back to growing stanky buds! Thanx

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not saying I hate the Chinese at all. Just wanna put that out there.

People everywhere mostly want the same things. Food, water, shelter, respect. Governments across the globe range from oppressing their citizens by depriving them of all four to actively assisting their citizens in their pursuits of all four.

However, I don't want to derail the thread by expounding on my views.

DO IT

DO IT

Great read fellas. Been a long while since I have been on the farm. I am also looking to go to LED's so I have been doing a great deal of research. I narrowed it down to two companies and then one that I could start with a base and customize from there on out. I will start a separate thread as to not derail this one.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great read fellas. Been a long while since I have been on the farm. I am also looking to go to LED's so I have been doing a great deal of research. I narrowed it down to two companies and then one that I could start with a base and customize from there on out. I will start a separate thread as to not derail this one.

Please link your new thread here so we will be alerted.

DO IT

DO IT

Please link your new thread here so we will be alerted.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I dont believe there would be any advantage to using a mover with these as the spread of the individual diodes is substantial. I think, heck what do I know!
And I'm assuming my pair of 6" inline fans will keep the temps down.
I use 1 through my hoods and the other at the top of the room. Usually have the top one running on medium. They are both mounted 10 ft up so will pull hot air out.
I suppose my oscillating fans will all still be used, gotta have circulation.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Well I’ll jump in here and say from a manufacturer stand point , I used to make folding tables and chairs, then the “special zone” came along and we started prchaseing product from China hardship zones “ jungle inhabitants “ litterely ! Quality sucked !!!! But I could buy a shipping container of crappy product scrap 1/2 of it and then plan on replacing anther 15% and still made more money than manufacturing here! Our investors had no choice - well if we wanted to stay in business.
We picked our manufacturer it on price but whether they had enuff electric and or a roof on the building !
I guess what I’m saying is I hate the Chinese as much as the next guy but we as Americans have driven their economy we are the responsible ones ! There are many ways to look at the abuse that happens . But again if ya buy American there are so many untruthful companies right here in the good ol USA !
Ok my rant is over and iMa still use chinese led going to build some here in the coming year and I’m sure they will be chinese but we will c?
P.s. in my case I had to use led cuz of heat it just got 2 hot I tried hps and cmh before I broke down an bought the chinese fakes ! Learning curve for sure but it’s the future like it or not

Ok let’s all stop bitchin and get back to growing stanky buds! Thanx
u may also b schizophrenic.

can't believe u didn't set me in here. don't make me ketchup... what's the consensus? get the phonebook?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not saying I hate the Chinese at all. Just wanna put that out there.

People everywhere mostly want the same things. Food, water, shelter, respect. Governments across the globe range from oppressing their citizens by depriving them of all four to actively assisting their citizens in their pursuits of all four.

However, I don't want to derail the thread by expounding on my views.
you're a terrible person, mosh!

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

LED COBs w/lightmover. DIY 600watts, Cree CXB3590 COBs suspended over 5'x8' area. Had used a stationary 1Kwatts setup, saw someone use light mover in a 4'x8' LED Pucks and figured I had a light mover...why not..ALWAYS GREAT results. No burn, no stress. Just great cannabis.
Just a thought.
Success w/ya grow!!!
Cheers.

IMG 4849
IMG 4863
IMG 4864
IMG 4865
IMG 4866
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Nice setup, we've used a Guala light rail for 14 years with HID.
These panels I'm looking at (just got the ok from mama!) are approximately 8"×24". My canopy area is 3'×7' so 4 of these panelswill work but I do think the mover is a consideration, and it's already up there and its setup with a trolley.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So what are youuns doing with the rheostat? Just let them hang?
The wiring does seem untidy.
Do you, can you remote mount drivers?

Damn it, this is worse than a new phone!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So what are youuns doing with the rheostat? Just let them hang?
The wiring does seem untidy.
Do you, can you remote mount drivers?

Damn it, this is worse than a new phone!
Nah..it's really easy.
Yes, you may remote mount the drivers (maybe up to 10 ft additional), but make sure to use heavy gauge wires..#12-#14, depending on distance. (personally, I would eliminate the Wago connectors in a remote setup and solder the wires together; insulated with wire nuts. (if there is moisture around, consider some waterproofing silicon on the solder joint. I think the Wagos would be fine, but I prefer the old fashioned way. (I DO use Wagos for NON remote driver connections)
I leave the dimmer pot just hanging, but on top of the heatsink. Yep, it is a bit messy and it would be simple to make a bracket...but I am lazy AF..LOL

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So I received a reply with quote from Vicky.
$756.00 to my front door for 4 panels of the Kingbrites.
They are for a 4x8 coverage and mine is 3x7 so should be sufficient.
Was this quote for 4 of the 300 watt units?

Top Bottom