Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
they are not my 'go to guy' just trying to share what ive been looking at

im trying to justify buying a 600w ballast and bulbs, even called the hydro store to check price and stock. $208(canadian) for the 600 watt ballast.

Yea, im trying to justify getting "away" from 4 - 600w ballasts. Utility bill wise, though I'm not sure how much.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So,,,,, there is one item I'm concerned about.
I understand that these panels, at full power can get up to 130 degrees.
Do you just blow fans across the top of the panels?
I know my HID's get hotter but I run air cooled hoods.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What I'm seeing are LM301B
Pretty much the same diodes..The newer H model has a TOUCH more efficiency, and some sort of coating than the B model. I went with the proven B diodes for my 2x Kingbrite 240's w/ Cree far red and no IR or UV.

All you do is attach the driver to the heatsink/pre-assembled boards and connect a few wires with the included wago connectors. Even the dimmer pots are pre- wired.
I also have a few older HLG, Atrium, and Photon white lights to compare with..Same great quality on the Kingbrites.

My boards at full power run about 110 d F at the face..No big deal and I am in the High Sierra Desert where summers are a bitch.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What I'm seeing are LM301B

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So the down sides to Alibaba is no CS, shipping times.
Up sides to Alibaba is complete light assymbly in one package and lower cost.
But same quality as HLG?
Replacement panels available from HLG?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

CS from Kingbrite is outstanding (absolutely NO communication problems)
Shipping took under 1 week to Nevada USA.
Quality is A#1..Never had to replace a panel, but generally it is a bad idea to mix lights from different manufacturers on the same driver. Some say not to mix different batches on a driver.

If you reach out to them, they usually respond in 24 hrs (major time differences)

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
And 2 of the above lights replaces a single 600w HPS?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

And 2 of the above lights replaces a single 600w HPS?
Sorry, I don't do the replacement stuff.( "Replaces" yada, yada, is a marketing scheme presented by the burple folks..NOT a good thing at all.)
White lights: You want between 40 - 70 watts per sq. ft for flower.( I run over 70 watts per sq ft, and dim when needed.)

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I understand that. I'm just trying to decide what I need for my area.
I run 2400 watts in a staggered timed setup.
In flower I run two 600w HPS on a mover over a 21 sq ft area canopy. Then I stagger two 600w MH 4.5 hrs each from opposite ends (also on the mover) so actual 1800w. That's 85w sq ft approx.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I understand that. I'm just trying to decide what I need for my area.
I run 2400 watts in a staggered timed setup.
In flower I run two 600w HPS on a mover over a 21 sq ft area canopy. Then I stagger two 600w MH 4.5 hrs each from opposite ends (also on the mover) so actual 1800w. That's 85w sq ft approx.
Considering the size of your area..I would begin with say..25-50% of it being converted to white lights..keeping your HPS setup(s) and go from there. I bet a mix would be superb!

I think that 60 watts per sq ft is a good number to begin with the white lights. Sorry, but I have zero experience with anything except LEDs.

basscaptain

basscaptain

CS from Kingbrite is outstanding (absolutely NO communication problems)
Shipping took under 1 week to Nevada USA.
Quality is A#1..Never had to replace a panel, but generally it is a bad idea to mix lights from different manufacturers on the same driver. Some say not to mix different batches on a driver.

If you reach out to them, they usually respond in 24 hrs (major time differences)
i was letting buzz handle this cause he is the 1 that help me....

but at this point I will chime in........

i hate to say it but there CS is Better then Most USA Base Company.......
I have order 4 time and I'm doing 1 More Right Now...... My company now has a # with them..... Vicky will email you asap when dealing with them..........
Sound like you need to just have a talk with them and make a Deal....
they will take care of you..... ship to my place in Ten..in a week........

there is No BS with Aliba.. just the people that don't want to use them........have a lot of bs to talk about china this china that.. it all comes from CHINA.......

basscaptain

basscaptain

TODAY/THIS MORNING HAS BEEN SHITY....................................................... WITH LED STRIPS

i'M IN A RUN OF BAD Sritps right now form a US base player...... Not his fault he didn't make them... but it's killing me....
there really isn't any Cheaper way top go...>>>> Just buy QB's from them................................................................................

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i was letting buzz handle this cause he is the 1 that help me....

but at this point I will chime in........

i hate to say it but there CS is Better then Most USA Base Company.......
I have order 4 time and I'm doing 1 More Right Now...... My company now has a # with them..... Vicky will email you asap when dealing with them..........
Sound like you need to just have a talk with them and make a Deal....
they will take care of you..... ship to my place in Ten..in a week........

there is No BS with Aliba.. just the people that don't want to use them........have a lot of bs to talk about china this china that.. it all comes from CHINA.......

Chinese factories have no laws about counterfeiting. They will absolutely use fake parts with brand labels to meet price points.

They always have. Look at the fake gibson and fender guitars they churn out by the 1000’s.

Not saying the lights dont work but we will see for how long. And are the diodes and drivers what they are labeled?

One truth in my opinion is you get what you pay for.

None of the lamps any of the posters got on alibaba are old enough or even properly tested for the owner to give a recomendation to spend money on one.

The forums are the worst place to trust info so much confirmation bias in place of actual info needed.

Bunch of parrots in forums. Read around. All kinds of weird failures and bad drivers on the chinese kits.

Failures on hlg too but part or lamp replaced in every case i read. Good luck with the shenzen factory. Lots of sales reps but only issues with replacement stories out there. And the usa companies are way way overpriced.

I think growers should boycott the led grow light industry demanding reasonable pricing for a sheet or strip of little low power plastic lights and a computer driver. But thats another topic.

Sorry rant over. But you keep buying lamps and dont even know if they will work for months yet. How bout years? They better or hid was a much better value.

You really only know about their shipping at this point.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Pretty much the same diodes..The newer H model has a TOUCH more efficiency, and some sort of coating than the B model. I went with the proven B diodes for my 2x Kingbrite 240's w/ Cree far red and no IR or UV.

All you do is attach the driver to the heatsink/pre-assembled boards and connect a few wires with the included wago connectors. Even the dimmer pots are pre- wired.
I also have a few older HLG, Atrium, and Photon white lights to compare with..Same great quality on the Kingbrites.

My boards at full power run about 110 d F at the face..No big deal and I am in the High Sierra Desert where summers are a bitch.

I component pitchae
Chinese factories have no laws about counterfeiting. They will absolutely use fake parts with brand labels to meet price points.

They always have. Look at the fake gibson and fender guitars they churn out by the 1000’s.

Not saying the lights dont work but we will see for how long. And are the diodes and drivers what they are labeled?

One truth in my opinion is you get what you pay for.

None of the lamps any of the posters got on alibaba are old enough or even properly tested for the owner to give a recomendation to spend money on one.

The forums are the worst place to trust info so much confirmation bias in place of actual info needed.

Bunch of parrots in forums. Read around. All kinds of weird failures and bad drivers on the chinese kits.

Failures on hlg too but part or lamp replaced in every case i read. Good luck with the shenzen factory. Lots of sales reps but only issues with replacement stories out there. And the usa companies are way way overpriced.

I think growers should boycott the led grow light industry demanding reasonable pricing for a sheet or strip of little low power plastic lights and a computer driver. But thats another topic.

Sorry rant over. But you keep buying lamps and dont even know if they will work for months yet. How bout years? They better or hid was a much better value.

You really only know about their shipping at this point.

so true. Look at them stamping the lm301h labels on the same boards. They even are making mistakes on their sales pages having them labeled as having both newer and older diodes....

Top Bottom