Who likes racing

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canappa

Canappa

Something about the Cuda that never goes out of style, Chrysler should bring this car back as a remake like they they did the Charger and Challenger.
10383877 10152540781777208 4348189221447820836 o

Canappa

Canappa

I love this! I had a slammed a108

Totally agree with you they could have been bought for a dime a dozen back then, now they are the coolest things to own, you where lucky to have one bet it was a blast to ride!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Awhile ago was commenting on vapor lock on my new ramjet 350. Intake fuel and return line are plastic and ran in frame too close to exhaust manifold, amd muffler. Finally rerouted easy job to outside of frame away from heat and a brief drive Iam pretty sure more power. Fuel must be running cooler by 10 t0 to degree's easy, what to you hot rodders reckon???
Vopored locked on me last road trip, hoping this will fix, cant be much else

Canappa

Canappa

Awhile ago was commenting on vapor lock on my new ramjet 350. Intake fuel and return line are plastic and ran in frame too close to exhaust manifold, amd muffler. Finally rerouted easy job to outside of frame away from heat and a brief drive Iam pretty sure more power. Fuel must be running cooler by 10 t0 to degree's easy, what to you hot rodders reckon???

Good to see you finally might have fixed this problem,Now take it for a good long hot drive and keep me posted if it indeed fixes it;) sound like you have it fixed though.

ZONER

ZONER

1st do you Have a vented gas cap?
Then
Get a moroso cool can Image

And a insulator plate for the carb.Image

Reaper

Reaper

Like he said ^^^^ Make sure tank is vented, Get I.R. heat gun @ Harbor Freight for about $30... Shoot fuel lines @ various points (before / after fuel pump, fuel rails and return line exiting fuel rails and @ various points on return route including as close to tank as possible and log results. If temps are excessive consider fuel line size (should be 6AN / 3/8") or better) Higher flow fuel pump (Bigger is Better) If you circulate more fuel, temps will remain cooler until you heat all fuel in tank... Also worth consideration is muffler placement in relation to fuel tank.

After that it is ambient temp in engine bay that can be controlled by Header Wrap like DEI Titanium or Thermal Coated Headers (Dramatic Temp decrease in engine bay from this alone) Fan Shrouds are A must along with high flow fan blades or Spal Electric Fan (One Large in various testing is proven to move more air than two small... (Bigger is Better) in conjunction with Aluminum Radiator (Aluminum dissipates more heat) and shroud and anything that can be done to "Increase Airflow" through & out of engine bay...

Plenty -O- 500 H.P. factory stock cars that don't need to run Ice Cans... That's more of A Gain H.P. Race Thing from cooler denser fuel charge than A 'Fix" for Vapor Lock or you would see people packin' Ice on their daily drivers all the time...
;)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
motor is fuel injected no carb. Huge difference hot long drive no power loss, big test will be when tank gets low.. Got to be the solution....We have my own race way common up hill, nice curves hauled ass up...

Reaper

Reaper

motor is fuel injected no carb. Huge difference hot long drive no power loss, big test will be when tank gets low.. Got to be the solution....We have my own race way common up hill, nice curves hauled ass up...

"Like He Said" was relating to vent tank statement only... I realize Ram Jet is Injected, that's why I said... "Shoot fuel lines @ various points (before / after fuel pump, fuel rails and return line exiting fuel rails" :D Glad it seems to be "Problem Solved" CM ;)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks all tank is vented, seems like were ok. Cant complain too much allways a few minor adjustments, the mufflers were installed after fuel lines and muffler man should have known better to run muffler and exhaust So close together...now all lines are clear of any heat source. The wire to fuel pump was also close to heat and that can't be good either....

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres a link that gives me a woody every time I watch it. Iam typically a 1/4 mile guy but I made an exception on this one.

Enjoy good stuff starts at 3 mins

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool beans, it was on the local radio here yesterday and im like what the hell.
Well I may have to stand corrected. The NASCAR site indicates he very well may retire. Sad. I can relate tho. Even tho in my mind it was truly an accident it would be hard at a spiritual level to continue racing, cause you gotta think he feels like crap no matter what happened.

Ambre

Ambre

I don't particularly like Tony Stewart, but I feel really sorry for him. That's a hard and harsh reality to deal with.

B

barefoot

as a kid I couldn't get enough of the Mint 400, Baja 500/1000 type racing.......Ironman Ivan Stewart....what a stud.............nowadays......Lucas short course off road racing .........................nothin' like it....................

race on............................

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
hey all busted off the mount for the rear disc brakes on my 54 chevys fords
d 9 inch rear end. Talked to welder he is wondering if that's cast iron, would not think so..any body know or any ideas on this? thanks CM.

Canappa

Canappa

hey all busted off the mount for the rear disc brakes on my 54 chevys fords
d 9 inch rear end. Talked to welder he is wondering if that's cast iron, would not think so..any body know or any ideas on this? thanks CM.

"Hit it with a hammer. If it rings then it's steel, if it thuds then it's iron.or A test I use is a grind test, Cast iron will give you an orange spark not as bright as steel".

Top Bottom