Who Really Owns Cannabis Genetics?

• Thread starter dash riprock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xochipelli

Xochipelli

GW have the benefit of an exclusive licence with Hortapharm BV in respect of US patent application number 08/919317 entitled “Vaporiser for inhalation and method for extraction of active ingredients from a crude natural product or other matrix”. This US patent application was filed on 28 August 1997 and has recently been formally allowed by the US Patent Office. It is expected to proceed to grant very shortly. This patent was originally filed in the name of its inventor, David Pate and was assigned to Hortapharm by assignments dated 26 August 1997 and 20 December 2000.

On 19 July 2000 GW Pharma entered into an agreement with Hortapharm B.V. (“Hortapharm”) (a company registered in the Netherlands) pursuant to which Hortapharm granted GW Pharma a worldwide exclusive licence to exploit all varieties of the cannabis plant developed by Hortapharm, together with a worldwide exclusive licence over Hortapharm’s know-how in respect of the species or varieties of cannabis plant developed by Hortapharm. This agreement is the continuation of an arrangement which has been in place between GW Pharma (or its successors in title) and Hortapharm since 30 April 1998. An exclusive licence over Hortapharm’s US Patent Application No. 08/919317 which relates to Hortapharm’s vaporisation technology or derivation process is also granted to GW Pharma. The licence granted to GW Pharma is limited to human and veterinary medicine and/or nutraceutical products. Also excluded from the scope of the licence are a number of areas where Hortapharm is either pursuing its own research or where it already has an agreement with a third party. These exclusions are in four parts and can be summarised as follows:

1. Breeding tricks and proprietary information in relation to the development of new plant varieties but not so as to affect GW’s rights under the agreement.

2. Information relating to HP’s existing agreement with a company for the extraction of a single cannabinoid from one plant variety.

3. Hortapharm’s anandamide project.

4. Information relating to use of any plant variety outside of the fields of human and veterinary medicine and/or as a nutraceutical product including industrial hemp, fibre or seed exclusively for non-medical or non-nutraceutical purposes.

GW Pharma has licensed back to Hortapharm on a non-exclusive basis the right of exploitation in the Peoples Republic of China. Additionally where GW Pharma decides not to commercially exploit a particular plant variety Hortapharm is permitted to exploit it.

Under the Agreement, Hortapharm is obliged to make available to GW Pharma any know-how it develops in relation to the licence and to provide suitably qualified staff to assist in the transfer of this know-how in exchange for 24 monthly payments of £25,000 commencing on 30 April 1998 . GW Pharma is to pay to Hortapharm the sum of £100,000 on signature, a further £50,000 on completion of a transition plan to be agreed between the parties and further payments of £50,000 should development work for GW Pharma continue to be done by Hortapharm in the period 25 to 36 months after signature and 36-47 months after signature. Additionally, GW Pharma is obliged to pay Hortapharm for any development works carried out by Hortapharm not covered by these payments the results of which GW Pharma subsequently commercially exploits. Royalties are to be paid by GW Pharma on sales exceeding £750,000 of all plant varieties licensed to GW Pharma under the Agreement. This royalty is calculated as 5 per cent. of sales receipts less direct costs for the first three quarters of any year and 5 per cent. of sales receipts less direct costs less maintenance costs for the last quarter of each year. This royalty rate increases to 8 per cent. where the technology protected by the US patent is utilised but is reduced by half if GW Pharma is licensed on a semi-exclusive (where one additional third party is also licensed) basis. Royalties are payable for the life of any United Kingdom plant registration protecting the relevant plant variety or where no such plant registration exists ten years from the date on which royalties first become due for that plant variety. The Agreement remains in force until no further royalties are due.

The Agreement may be assigned, transferred, charged, licensed or dealt with in any other way by GW Pharma who may also sub-contract its rights under it. Any assignment, sub-licence or sub-contract by Hortapharm cannot be done without the prior written consent of GW Pharma (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld). Certain warranties are given by Hortapharm relating to its ownership of all plant varieties developed by it and in relation to the adequacy of the know-how in relation to the exploitation of the various plant varieties. Hortapharm also warrants that its earlier agreements in this area will not conflict with or limit GW Pharma’s rights under this agreement. Hortapharm provides an indemnity against the infringement of any third party rights by GW Pharma’s exploitation of any of the rights licensed to it and against breach of its warranties.

I was recently banned from ICmag (familiar story I know) but the reason I was banned was because I was arguing with skunkman about ownership of genetics. Apparently he is currently soliciting the growers on ICmag forums to send him any and all seed (even the dead ones) that they have so he can send it to a lab in Oregon named Phylos Biosciences to have the DNA sequenced.

http://phylosbioscience.com/about/

I was banned and all my posts deleted when I told others that in light of skunkmans past abuses with genetics ie selling his library to GW Pharmaceuticals who then sold the patent for Sativex (made from skunkman and RCC genes out of hortapharm for a rumored 7 figures). I'm actually unsure about the financial details, but hortapharm definitely sold their strains to GW who then hooked up with Bayer (a subsidiary of the Nazi war machines I.G Farben) so I am kind of pissed. I figured the best place to have this conversation was with skunkman himself but he is (a megalomaniac?) pretty unreasonable, and I say that because instead of talking about this he just brought down the banhammer on me.

The point being are we as a community (a worldwide community of cannabis lovers) going to allow two men with one company attempt to lay claim to any drug cultivar they find and then have it sequenced and lay claim to ownership? This is a truly frightening turn of events, what if in the future you are caught growing a strain that these companies have trademarked or claimed as intellectual property? Let's remember Bayer has a monster legal team, billions of dollars at their disposal, and a known track record of highly unethical (criminal) behavior. I am still stunned that people I looked up to are selling all of us down the river to big pharma, so they can sleep on silk sheets and leave a "legacy" or some stupid shit. The owners of hortapharm no longer care about the plant or the community they have decided to sleep with the enemy to further their own selfish desires.

I hope this is the right place for this thread, but this is like an elephant in the room. I cannot confirm the intentions of hortapharm or ICmag, but from past history, it will be at the expense of smaller local growers.

Xochipelli

Xochipelli

Welcome to the Farm..

Peace

Thank you.

Dear Friends of the THC Farmer community.

I am the chairman/founder (Dominique Guillet) of Association Kokopelli in France and we have been promoting the protection of food biodiversity for the past 23 years. We have a collection of more than 2000 Heirlooms or Open Pollinated varieties of vegetables, grains... All our seeds are organic. We have also been, for the past 10 years, in the Courts of Injustice, up to the Supreme Court in France and up to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg... to defend ourselves against the attacks of the seed multinational corporations which wanted to destroy our non profit organization. In Europe, and mainly in France, you can not sell a vegetable or grain variety which is not registered on one, at least, of the National Catalogues of the European countries. A huge part of our collection of seeds is, thus, strictly illegal in regards to the French Law. Although we lost in most of our court trials, we keep up the good illegal work! Our seeds are sold in Europe and given for free to poor rural communities of Third World countries.

In line with our life-missions to promote Fertility, to struggle against the seed captive market (hybrids F1 and genetic chimeras) and to struggle against the confiscation of Life, I decided to open, last month, a new website, Xochipelli.fr.

The self-declared and transparent goals of my new website are first to cast light on the taboo/malediction/prohibition placed on all visionary substances - called Serotonergic Neurognostics by the author and master herbalist Stephen Harrod Buhner - offered to us by Mother Nature (plants, mushrooms, etc) and secondly to struggle against the confiscation of all these substances by the Corporate Pharmacocracy.

My four first and very long articles are related to the confiscation of cannabis by the pharmaceutical companies. My second article is related to Bedrocan in Holland and in Canada. I am in the process of having them rapidly translated into English. My very long article titled "HortaPharm et GW Pharm: les Monsanto du Cannabis" covers the last 30 years of psychopathic behaviors stemming from David Watson and his group in Holland - from 1985 to 2015. In these 2 articles covering HortaPharm, GW Pharm and Bedrocan, I am highlighting the fact that these 3 companies have enjoyed a protection/collusion at the highest levels of the State Administrations of Holland and England - and by extension, of Europe.

My last piece, posted today, is asking precise question from the INRA station, of Rennes in Brittany, as to their involvement - through Hayo van der Waerf - with the David Watson/International Hemp Association. INRA, the French National Institute for Agronomical Research is funded by public money. The French control most of the Hemp sector in Europe and the French so-called certified varieties of hemp are sold abroad - for example in Canada since 1998. The INRA has been keen, for the last 20 years, to destroy all the good open-pollinated and dioecious heirloom varieties of hemp to replace them by monoecious varieties which are bound to induce, very quickly, a tremendous genetic bottleneck. It is totally forbidden for the French farmers to reproduce their own seeds of hemp and they must buy certified seeds every year from strictly state-controlled seed companies. A typical captive seed market.

While writing this last article, I finally discovered that David Watson and the International Hemp Association have a double web-site: one with a white background (internationalhempassociation.org) and one with a green background (hempworl.com). The green one, when you know where to look is a cover for hemp business, expensive cannabis paraphernalia and the Nirvana seed bank. The root page of the second green one is black and presents 400 internet domain names (including key words: hemp, pot, canamo, etc) available for leasing at the outrageous price of 1200 dollars per year and after 15 seconds, this page turns itself into a commercial website of hemp and cannabis paraphernalia with a Facebook symbol at the bottom of the page linking to the Facebook page of Weedportal.com offering all Nirvana products.

I recently discovered, also, that Phylos Biosciences in Oregon - which is starring Robert Connel Clarke and which is promoted by David Watson - is very likely a sub-unity of the Craig Venter Institute as 3 of his people are on board, through Synthetic Genomic Inc. How come the Craig Venter Institute is jumping into the Cannabis "Melting Pot"??

If the THC Farmer Community deems it a sensitive issue and important topic for the Future of the Tribes, I would like to start, on this forum, a new conversation on the topic of the confiscation - or the many attempts of - of the cannabis/hemp genetic resources.

Peace. Xochi.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

"Foolishly the idiot faced the crowd, Smiiiling..." Pink Floyd, Meddle

Kinda Baked... :)

Derf

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I am in the process of having them rapidly translated into English
Post a link when you're done with that svp. I'm interested in reading the Bedocran article and je ne parle francais very well.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I would bet my nuts on a chopping block that GW is an umbrella company of monsanto. Somehow, some way, down the rabbit hole. I know that GW pharma owns 800 acres of greenhouses in eastern Washington.for cannabis production. Also wouldn't be surprised at all if they were funding this through a legal 502 grow and selling us their "wares". Watch what is going to go down in the next 10 years with big canna.....just watch. With the estimated 40 billion dollar projection for 2020 in the canna business (movie industry is a lil over 10 billion) shit will get REAL real, real quick. Ahhh nepotism.....every congressmans favorite word.

Xochipelli

Xochipelli

I would bet my nuts on a chopping block that GW is an umbrella company of monsanto. Somehow, some way, down the rabbit hole. I know that GW pharma owns 800 acres of greenhouses in eastern Washington.for cannabis production. Also wouldn't be surprised at all if they were funding this through a legal 502 grow and selling us their "wares". Watch what is going to go down in the next 10 years with big canna.....just watch. With the estimated 40 billion dollar projection for 2020 in the canna business (movie industry is a lil over 10 billion) shit will get REAL real, real quick. Ahhh nepotism.....every congressmans favorite word.

The truth is that GW Pharm may not be in a very good financial shape. You may consult, in diagonal, because it is boring, the financial analysis of Seekingalpha. But it is the same with so many cannabis startups which jumped in the pot wagon to make fortune and, a few years later, are taken over by Big Pharma or Big Biotech - which is about the same. They are all dying for cash. In France, Sativex of GW was authorized for sale in January 2014 but has never been sold because of the outrageous price (5000/7000 dollars a year) - and the many articles I recently wrote are not going to help! Moreover, GW Pharm is not boasting about the study released in January 2015: "GW, which is developing the drug Sativex for pain in collaboration with Japan's Otsuka, said the first of three late-stage trials found no statistically significant difference between subjects using its product and those given a placebo." A big joke and a very expensive placebo.

To answer your remark about GW being in eastern Washington with 800 acres of greenhouses, it seems farfetched because they have already a 30 tons production of buds in southern England, every year, to deal with. I suppose you know, better than I do, how much cannabis you may produce in just one acre of greenhouse!! I have the numbers somewhere in my article about Bedrocan Canada (Canopy Growth). This being said, they have 200 employees. So you may be right about them being in USA, in very remote places in the eastern deserts of the west coast, but it would be super under-cover because there is no hint of that nowhere. Everything is possible... because GW is under very high protection of the Authorities. If you have more hints about GW in Washington state, please tell me where and I will go ask them if I can do a filmed interview! I am also a botanist with frequent explorations in the western deserts chasing the Wild Buckwheats (Eriogonum). I even found a new sub-species of Eriogonum microthecum last year close to Mount Shasta. But it is another wild topic - with a more peaceful aroma of wildness compared to the wild stalking of the psychopaths sowing chaos in the cannabis communities!

As to potential connections with Monsanto, there is no hint of that apart the very well-known triangulation involving David Watson, Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly (Mississipi University) and Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals which may have merged with Monsanto around 1930/1940 according to Henri Berger 's book (St Louis and Empire). All the rest are rumors or well hidden facts.

And apart, of course, the fact that Bayer is distributing GW and the fact that Bayer is in agreement with Monsanto for mutual sharing of technologies since 2007.

Peace. Xochi

Xochipelli

Xochipelli

Some more about David Watson, GW Pharm and their GM future of cannabis. On the ICMag forum, Sam the Skunkman (aka David Watson) is relentlessly screaming that there is no GM cannabis in the world and is always protecting his good friends of Medicinal Genomics (Woburn, MA and Amsterdam).

First point. Medicinal Genomics has been taken over by Courtagen Life Sciences (a McKernan family story as they are all brothers) and Courtagen Life Sciences is working hand in hand with GW Pharm.

Second point. Here is what Kevin McKernan, owner of Medicinal Genomics, says about GM cannabis (in "Genetically Modified Marijuana: the future of medical cannabis"):

"Good intentions aside, the medical marijuana business is huge and is growing by over 50% a year. There is big money to be made, especially if pharmaceutical Cannabis products or genetically modified cannabis strains are the only legal form of the drug.

“It’s going to have to be a fairly regulated market,” McKernan says, “and regulation is going to come through genetics and fingerprinting of which strains are approved.”

“It may be possible through genome directed breeding to attenuate the psychoactive effects of cannabis, while enhancing the medicinal aspects.”

Let us not forget that David Watson/aka the Lord of the Homozygous Clones, has been obsessed for almost 30 years by fingerprinting, sequencing... of the cannabis genetic resources with the support of his so called botanist buddy, Robert Clarke - on board recently with Phylos Biosciences - and the support of Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly. And it could well be that it has been one his major missions first in service of DEA and Australian Federal Police and, secondly, in service of the Big Pharma Mafia. Since 1985.

Xochi

dankninja

dankninja

just considering the og thing as an example, and not to get too off topic. orgnkid's cut (and the cuts before) travelled, and got renamed 5+ times along the way. every time a strain or cut is grown in a different environment, the grower has "stamped" it as their own, in one way or another. my cornerstone cut is my cut, i give respect to gage but the work was all me.

DN

Homesteader

Homesteader

Ever wonder how Monsanto is able to prove in court that farmers were "stealing" their seed? They genetic mark the plants at the cellular level with a type of cancerous growth if you will that would only be present in their seeds and never naturally occuring......Is this not what they are salivating for? This public service message has been brought to you by.........Screw BIO-AG and their parents sterile seed tech. Oh they promised not to use it.....thats right.

Last edited:
bluntmassa

bluntmassa

Apparently Ryan Lee founder of Chimera
Well you get to keep your nuts because you were right. Bayer has been partnered with GW Pharmaceuticals on cannabis since at least 2013 Bayer bought Monsanto just recently. Chimera has also been working with the GW Pharmaceuticals crew and is the lead breeder in a company who owns the first USPTO patent on a cannabis plant Veritas Pharma Inc..

Ryan Lee
Founder
Chimera Genetic Resource Management

Ryan Lee is a Cannabis breeder, author, and researcher specializing in Cannabis genetic resources – with a unique emphasis on developing custom cultivars of desired cannabinoid and terpene composition.

Renown in the industry for his broad understanding of cannabis genetics and metabolites, Ryan is an expert in manipulating the plant’s biosynthetic pathways. Through intensive laboratory research into the chemotypic grouping of cannabis varieties, and the mechanisms of inheritance for the metabolites produced by the plant, Ryan makes a a recognized international speaker in the fields of Cannabis genetics and breeding.

Founder of the European company Chimera Genetic Resource Management, and Canadian Chemovar Consulting, Ryan has worked with the most advanced cannabis groups to develop tissue culture protocols for standardized plantlet production, and to design and implement breeding programs focused on the development of unique medicinal and adult use varieties. Ryan was the lead breeder in the program to develop the first cannabis cultivars to have obtained patent protection through the USPTO, is a registered founding member of the Federal Marijuana Party and now operates a consultancy based in developing and improving cannabis’ genetic potential.

I also have the YouTube video and he does talk about GMO cannabis a bit.

There has been a plan to control this plant for a long time as I recently found this article from 2010 very informative about the snakes trying to control the plants we love.

http://gmocannabiswatch.blogspot.com/2010/11/feminized-seed-terminator-technology-of.html?m=1

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Jesus crist my head hurts..........
ah that's better ................thankyou frank.
54:40 into the video i have hit hyperspace.........................

epitome

epitome

The truth is that GW Pharm may not be in a very good financial shape. You may consult, in diagonal, because it is boring, the financial analysis of Seekingalpha. But it is the same with so many cannabis startups which jumped in the pot wagon to make fortune and, a few years later, are taken over by Big Pharma or Big Biotech - which is about the same. They are all dying for cash. In France, Sativex of GW was authorized for sale in January 2014 but has never been sold because of the outrageous price (5000/7000 dollars a year) - and the many articles I recently wrote are not going to help! Moreover, GW Pharm is not boasting about the study released in January 2015: "GW, which is developing the drug Sativex for pain in collaboration with Japan's Otsuka, said the first of three late-stage trials found no statistically significant difference between subjects using its product and those given a placebo." A big joke and a very expensive placebo.

To answer your remark about GW being in eastern Washington with 800 acres of greenhouses, it seems farfetched because they have already a 30 tons production of buds in southern England, every year, to deal with. I suppose you know, better than I do, how much cannabis you may produce in just one acre of greenhouse!! I have the numbers somewhere in my article about Bedrocan Canada (Canopy Growth). This being said, they have 200 employees. So you may be right about them being in USA, in very remote places in the eastern deserts of the west coast, but it would be super under-cover because there is no hint of that nowhere. Everything is possible... because GW is under very high protection of the Authorities. If you have more hints about GW in Washington state, please tell me where and I will go ask them if I can do a filmed interview! I am also a botanist with frequent explorations in the western deserts chasing the Wild Buckwheats (Eriogonum). I even found a new sub-species of Eriogonum microthecum last year close to Mount Shasta. But it is another wild topic - with a more peaceful aroma of wildness compared to the wild stalking of the psychopaths sowing chaos in the cannabis communities!

As to potential connections with Monsanto, there is no hint of that apart the very well-known triangulation involving David Watson, Dr. Mahmoud ElSohly (Mississipi University) and Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals which may have merged with Monsanto around 1930/1940 according to Henri Berger 's book (St Louis and Empire). All the rest are rumors or well hidden facts.

And apart, of course, the fact that Bayer is distributing GW and the fact that Bayer is in agreement with Monsanto for mutual sharing of technologies since 2007.

Peace. Xochi
Canadian John Stockwell is the force behind Bright Green Group and have Sam the skunk man and Robert c Clarke in there pockets aswell and everything you mentioned possible is being applied present day...fuck us all :(

Homesteader

Homesteader

6bf2cee61a

http://www.globalagriculture.org/report-topics/seeds-and-patents-on-life.html
2a361790a6

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

HOLYSHIT ^^^^^^^^^^hard to ignore that bar graph, how ignorant am i>? i thought bayer just made aspirin lmao!

epitome

epitome

Bright green group is going to be putting out 40,000,000 plants a year per greenhouse, first completed greenhouse is going to be 140 acres, world's largest greenhouse in the world totally dedicated to medicinal plants for Oil

Top Bottom