who uses aptus????

• Thread starter Dr Melrose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

I'm looking at starting new clones with the whole aptus line. I currently use h&g full line. The price difference is huge since I get no deal on it, so I'm looking at opinions from people who use it. $800-$1000 is alto to try something new. Please..... only let me know if you use it and your opinion on your results.

T

toquer

I am currently using it. But have also just started to use it. I have only used the 4 products for veg so far; Facilitator, StartBoost, MassBoost and Ecozen. The results are posted in my grow journal as well as pictures. So far there is a noticeable difference in the plants. The internodal spacing is tighter and the plant has much less apical dominance. The stem is also greater in diameter. Upon inspection of the root zone after feeding with Aptus, like the day after there is a much larger fungal population. You can see the hairs on the roots and they are fuzzy like none other. However, I haven't noticed that the overall root structure is greater with Aptus than without. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

My grow journal will inform you about my grow and how my system runs. I am a farmer and this is my livelihood so I am very interested in seeing results. My current grow cost is drastically lower than most others, but that's because of the system that we have in place and that we use next to no nutrients. I grow organically in soil. If i consider the cost of my extra long veg then perhaps I'm in line with others, but i have my doubts.

None the less, I am running 18 plants with Aptus and 18 plants without. 2 strains that I have grown for years. I am only 3 weeks into veg and I've got at least a month before they'll be going into flower. I chose the 2 strains because one of them does not yield how I'd like it to. It's a skunk that we prefer to harvest early because the flavor is top notch and the potency of it is between 20 and 23%. Tested regularly, it's a very nice sativa. But at under 2oz a plant I have to charge more for the finished product to keep it in line with the others. The second strain is an indica/kush plant that is super strong and very flavorful. However, apical dominance exists in this plant and having it have longer arms would be nice. It yields very well at over 2.5oz a plant so we'll see what happens.

I will be updating my grow journal as often as possible, weekly at the least. I am currently out of town but return tomorrow to see the girls again. Pictures will be up on Sunday as I will be pruning the plants and forming their shape.

peace out

toquer

M

Maine Strain

20140228 17155120140226 110653

Salt, 5 cents a gallon.

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

well i just spent $1000 on the 7 bottles. Im going to keep using my h&g aqua flakes base. I used the fasilitor and start for veg, just put into flower. Now im gonna run the chart.

T

toquer

Maine Strain...test results?
I know salt is cheap and the difference isn't noticeable to the greater majority, but there is a difference and my clients know that. So although I could grab rockwool and the Lucas method and make more money, would I be producing the same product?

M

Maine Strain

I have a few friends with large grows, mostly trees, and they use heavy 16 with aptus. 20 gallon smart pots, coco, and follow the schedule with great results. Great gland production, bud size etc.
I see similar growth with simple salts. I think they are close to $1 a gallon from what they have told me. K.I.s.s

M

Maine Strain

Maine Strain...test results?
I know salt is cheap and the difference isn't noticeable to the greater majority, but there is a difference and my clients know that. So although I could grab rockwool and the Lucas method and make more money, would I be producing the same product?
First off minerals are minerals and the photos I posted above are almost week five and they are bushy as hell. I came out of not smoking for almost 20 years to test drive my gear and insure quality and have true perspective of the strains available. I have several large care taker grows available and all have different everything. My medicine is at least equal to if not superior. The biggest difference I see with picky patients is the cure. The nutrients play a much smaller role in the larger picture of a plants potential limiting factors. With a basic salt formula you can create a baseline measurement and then adjust EC with just water to the conditions of your room/plant. I see more value in this alone because it gives you the room to tune on demand . I know there will be additions/modifications to the profile but the ease of the base formula is so simple it truly makes you second guess not buying the expensive bottles even though your plants are thriving.

T

toquer

Maine Strain...i'm not disagreeing with you, I'm asking and that's precisely why I am running a side by side comparison of using Aptus or using no salts. (But here I have to intersect because of the ingredients in Progress Earth's Vortex Brewer; Earth Tonic is just ultra concentrated ocean water, so that's my salt in a bottle.) I also brew other teas based upon the plants life cycle utilizing SunLeaves guano's. This is my entire method, I don't use a nutrient lineup in a bottle and I'd like to see if there is a difference.

So in the end, when i'm done of the run of 36 my stuff will get tested at a lab and I can compare the results to the ones grown side by side with them as well as with my track record from the past.

M

Maine Strain

Sorry broski. I was up a little too late with just one eye open last night lol. I haven't even used Aptus and was making an off point about salts. From what I know my friends use it close to every other day with heavy 16. Plants look amazing. In their case I feel they need more light saturation to truly capitalize though. I will make a thread on my experience with salt/jacks sorry to hijack. I get a little wacky knowing the coin they are spending 5-6k per grow.

T

toquer

I been reading at QuantumAgriculture and I'll say it is right in line with what Aptus is doing with their lineup. Good information about what is going on, not quite exactly how, but that's something that I think we still don't have any real clue about yet.

Dr Melrose, how many lights are you getting the 5 -6lbs off of?

T

toquer

That's not bad. But I hear ya, spending money and not seeing results isn't what we're after. Hope you have good results, I'll keep checking as you're a month ahead of me and it takes 2 months to taste the results.

Top Bottom