Who wants to kill some root aphids?

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altimood

altimood

Where can we get Met52 in the states?
PM me and I will hook you up with contact info for a distributor out of the mile high city.
That goes for anyone that is interested. I think this stuff is the greatest product out there for the control of phylloxera.

M

MisterAvocado

altimood, thanks for all the info and results. Any chance you could PM me with the Met52 distributor info. I can't PM yet.

O

Once

i can't pm yet either but i have a buddy thats battling these bastards and stands to lose alot of good cuts because of it. any chance you know of anyone closer to florida that carries this stuff?if not could you let me know where to get?thank you

eyecandi

eyecandi

Once .... being in FL, you have a chance ..... http://www.bioag.novozymes.com/en/products/unitedstates/contact/Pages/default.aspx #3 is the contact you want. but read over the data sheets first, they will ask what your target species is, and root aphids are not on the 'list or approved' as a control method yet. just choose your wording carefully .... but be aware, this stuff is NOT cheap .... but it seems to be effective if used right.

http://www.bioag.novozymes.com/en/products/unitedstates/biocontrol/met52/Pages/default.aspx

O

Once

we have decided to go with some bayer advanced complete which contains imid and cyfluthrin and diatamaceous earth until we can get the met52 here.any ideas if this will work or not?thanks

eyecandi

eyecandi

bayer advanced shouldn't be used past early veg IMO (it is systemic .... do you want to be smoking that shit?) DE can and should be used at all stages, it will keep crawlers/fliers down a bit + it feeds extra minerals to the roots as you water it in and it breaks down (just wear proper mask/gear when applying so you don't breath it in). you might also want to try a 5% pyrethrin drowning (this partially worked for me. but the met52 was what did it long term)

I cannot say this enough: research, research, research. too many people get lazy and don't research the product they are buying. if anyone is going to consume/smoke/injest the end product, then as a grower, we MUST do proper due diligence on the products we put into and on our lovely girls. every product has a data sheet with information that you need to know. it's science, not word of mouth "this helped me".

Pesticides can be classified based upon their biological mechanism function or application method. Most pesticides work by poisoning pests. A systemic pesticide moves inside a plant following absorption by the plant. With insecticides and most fungicides, this movement is usually upward (through the xylem) and outward. Increased efficiency may be a result. Systemic insecticides, which poison pollen and nectar in the flowers, may kill bees and other needed pollinators.

I

ibTheMan

Wow i was Shocked when i called to Order some Met52, $600 for 22 pounds On Sale! plus $80 for shipn!

Now im Not Sayn it aint worth it, the Guy said 22 pounds will treat 800 plants, so we in Mich are go n to have to pool some loot together! I was just sticker Shocked! Bizzzzzz.

altimood

altimood

No doubt. Distributors are hard to find so we're paying a premium. I can say I use an 1/8 of an inch in the bottom of a beer cup per 3 gallon container in coco so it goes a long way. It is pricey but I can't tell you how much I've spent on shit that DOESN't work.

eyecandi

eyecandi

lol, can't say I didn't warn you on the cost. but as you said, the cost works out to under $1 per plant, so it is worth it for our crops ..... just a big initial ouch.

D

dirtymole

No doubt. Distributors are hard to find so we're paying a premium. I can say I use an 1/8 of an inch in the bottom of a beer cup per 3 gallon container in coco so it goes a long way. It is pricey but I can't tell you how much I've spent on shit that DOESN't work.

I just saw a clear one on top of my Coco. Everything I transplanted from the last bag started looking like ass around week 4 of Flower. I have never had a bug problem, and I am I am confident that it is RA's just by the plant symptoms and I just saw a clear one. It must not be horrible yet, because I have looked at the roots of many plants and only saw that one on top once I watered.

Anyhow, I need a fix ASAP. I see that the Met 52 is working out well for you all, but I can not get it here yet that I know of. So, how well does that Evergreen stuff work? I can get that online, and I am going to call a few places in the morning to see if I can get anything local. I want to stop this quickly, so any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

eyecandi

eyecandi

liquid Py @ %5 (the evergreen) is @ $100-150 a quart. since you need to drench the entire rootmass, it takes a lot (depending on how big your crop is too). i found it worked decently, but didn't knock em out like the m52 did.

watch for high fliers, this is a good indication of RAs (FGs can't fly high. if you have fliers hitting your lights, it's prolly RAs)

D

dirtymole

liquid Py @ %5 (the evergreen) is @ $100-150 a quart. since you need to drench the entire rootmass, it takes a lot (depending on how big your crop is too). i found it worked decently, but didn't knock em out like the m52 did.

watch for high fliers, this is a good indication of RAs (FGs can't fly high. if you have fliers hitting your lights, it's prolly RAs)

I do not have any fliers. I need to fix this before it gets worse. Any advice please!!!

D

dirtymole

I just bought some Evergreen, and it will be here tomorrow. I was wondering what the best application is for Coco? I have some on drippers and some handwatered. I was thinking on dunking them every couple of days, and then adding 2ml per Gal like others have. But how strong should I do my dunks? I am pissed that I have these, but atleast I am on top of shit and found it early. Thanks for all the help!!!

D

DeezNugzz

I just bought some Evergreen, and it will be here tomorrow. I was wondering what the best application is for Coco? I have some on drippers and some handwatered. I was thinking on dunking them every couple of days, and then adding 2ml per Gal like others have. But how strong should I do my dunks? I am pissed that I have these, but atleast I am on top of shit and found it early. Thanks for all the help!!!
Liquid Pyrethrum is a contact killer and I like to flush it out a day later (coco) so the other ingredient's aren't lingering (like PBO's). I'm sure other's here will agree you want to switch things up a bit if you're not flowering, but if in flower liquid P is the way to go. Not flowering: Bayer Complete worked good, too.

eyecandi

eyecandi

DO NOT USE EVERGREEN 6% FOR DRENCH!! Evergreen is 5% Pyrethrin and 1% Horti oil .... the oil will smother the roots. Evergreen is great for the canopy, but a no-no for a soil drench.

D

dirtymole

DO NOT USE EVERGREEN 6% FOR DRENCH!! Evergreen is 5% Pyrethrin and 1% Horti oil .... the oil will smother the roots. Evergreen is great for the canopy, but a no-no for a soil drench.

I thought that people were using this in every type of medium? It was said multiple times that it works at 2ml per Gal. I have been using it that way for a almost a week, and all of my plants look good....except one that is further in flower...it is showing the Cal-Mag def look. But to be honest, the rest of my plants are looking better IMO.

I do not think 2ml per gal is very much, so maybe it does not have a negative effect. Of course it has not been too long, but OP in this thread say it is safe to use at that dosage in any medium. I am willing to take the chance of loosing plants vs keeping bugs. So far my I have seen some really explosive growth on most of my plants the past few days, but I will keep an eye out for problems.

I do have the one plant that is getting worse by the day. I see no bugs, but the negative effects are still present. It is a pretty large plant, and will yield decent...but part of me wants to chuck it. It is in week 5, so it has plenty of time left...but I think the damage is done.

BTW, does anyone add more cal-mag to help symptoms...or is it worthless? Thanks!!!

M

MisterAvocado

I got 75$ worth of Met52 (enough for 83 gals of soil/coco) from a place in Oregon the other day. Not sure if they ship out of state.

Top Bottom