Who wants to kill some root aphids?

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KUSHWRECK3M

Met 52

wats good man i was reading up on met 52 and im tryin to get some i have a nasty problem and was wondering what i need to do get some of that... since ive only read n heard good things bout it... thnkS, HOW SOON CAN I GET SOME???

eyecandi

eyecandi

wats good man i was reading up on met 52 and im tryin to get some i have a nasty problem and was wondering what i need to do get some of that... since ive only read n heard good things bout it... thnkS, HOW SOON CAN I GET SOME???

seriously people, some of you need to lay off the bong before posting. how many times can a person say the same f'ing thing, and someone still has to post right below the old answer saying 'how do i do such and such?' :bong2:

A

AltarNation

Ugh... found the resources a few pages back... but can't really afford such a big bag... is this 600 dollar bag really the only size they will provide it in..?

What about the CO vendor? Any chance of a smaller package and/or shipping?

bonkia

bonkia

Little bastards

Bleh, i knew it was only a matter of time yah me!! So, i want to buy that stuff and im gonna call and say... Ummm yah i got bugs in my uhhb tomatoes... :p also im starting with spectraside then i turned over my left nut for pyganic that im gonna use in 3 days i was thinkIng about popong off a dr doom the day after i drench whats cha think? Also are you cutting feeds in half or all together when you use this stuff?? I know met 52 is a funis and seems like the shit so nutes wouldnt be effected. So my concern is with the other stuff... Thanks for this information btw! Ive been pulling my hair out thinking i lost my touch... Little bastards!!!

Venom818

Venom818

Bleh, i knew it was only a matter of time yah me!! So, i want to buy that stuff and im gonna call and say... Ummm yah i got bugs in my uhhb tomatoes... :p also im starting with spectraside then i turned over my left nut for pyganic that im gonna use in 3 days i was thinkIng about popong off a dr doom the day after i drench whats cha think? Also are you cutting feeds in half or all together when you use this stuff?? I know met 52 is a funis and seems like the shit so nutes wouldnt be effected. So my concern is with the other stuff... Thanks for this information btw! Ive been pulling my hair out thinking i lost my touch... Little bastards!!!

dr.doom sucks balls

bonkia

bonkia

Well i can folair with what once was my left nut however, i know the little bastqrds run out of the soil and hide in the cracks like he little bitches they are got a better suggestion im all ears been reading since 9am might as well make it an 18 hr day! Hehe little bastards

bonkia

bonkia

Evergreen is not legal in cali and i went all over town looking for merit 75 no bueno

turbo14

turbo14

Met52 worked for our Root Aphids a while back, but the shit is $600 a bag...

We have a 2000+ plant garden, which is hella expensive to treat with met52..

Conclusion... Met52 is a spore... a spore that has been known to be cultured and duplicated..

It's time to whip up some met52 fungal tea in the Vortex Brewers..

We have had success with doing similiar things with EM-1.

I'll let you farmers know how it goes.. If Met52 can be added to a fungal compost tea and applied as a root drench, it might just save all of us a boat load of money.

Off to the lab..

turbo

Dorje

Dorje

I think it's possible to grow out a bunch of whatever fungus met-52 is, but IMO you'll need to do it in a sterile lab using agar or sterilized rye grain. I used to grow gourmet mushrooms, if the media/air isn't sterile you may get contamination... a simple way to do it is to sterilize bags of rye grain in a pressure cooker, then open the cooker and bags in a small closet that has just been sprayed down with lysol, add the met-52 and seal the bags. You do need special bags with a filter patch so the fungus can expel co2. Or turkey bags with a sterile cotton ball rubber-banded to them. Once the bags are sealed, a sterile environment is no longer required.

Once you grow out a bunch of the fungus mycellium, you could put it in a blender (briefly) and then add it to your nute solution/compost tea... adding a spore to the tea probably won't work nearly as well, but worth a try, it depends on the fungus in question.

If you did this, you'd also have the same thing as those bags of fungus they sell to provide a co2 boost to small rooms. For the price of a few lbs of rye grain and a plastic bag....

Met52 worked for our Root Aphids a while back, but the shit is $600 a bag...

We have a 2000+ plant garden, which is hella expensive to treat with met52..

Conclusion... Met52 is a spore... a spore that has been known to be cultured and duplicated..

It's time to whip up some met52 fungal tea in the Vortex Brewers..

We have had success with doing similiar things with EM-1.

I'll let you farmers know how it goes.. If Met52 can be added to a fungal compost tea and applied as a root drench, it might just save all of us a boat load of money.

Off to the lab..

turbo

Shamus

Shamus

PF TEK, brown rice flower, vermiculite (four holes in top of mason jar, put medium in, boil in water half way up the jars, with tin foil over the tops snug, then take your spore solution and apply it. dark area for 30 days or so. and boom, you have colonized rice cakes. how ever be seriously careful because contamination is possible no matter what. and im not sure what this fungus is colored so idk what to tell ya on what is what when it comes to what colors to look for and or watch out for. & or if it will even work. IMO it MIGHT. might. would be sick though. i skipped from like page 6 to 16 so i may be missing some things here

Shamus

Shamus

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3F4Zql_rU2JnYl-ow&sig2=GReiW-4N2AmbNjRGU3Obog

in this report by a Japanese research lab (in english) it states that a specific strain of of root aphid (Tetraneura nigriabdominalis, homestead = asia) basically ceases to reproduce 10c (50 degrees Fahrenheit) and what i take from it is it also takes longer for the generation to develop. SIGNIFICANTLY. ok? so i feel that the fact they reproduce so fast and are in so many different stages at the same time is why they're getting one over on us. by using different products that attack different developmental stages that can harmoniously coincide with each other and kill them, would be the absolute best bet, IF most aphids share similar results. i got these fux from ROOTS organic and refuse to bend over to them. mozilla is full of 30 tabs all pertaining to the genocide of these vile creatures and has been compiled over a 3 day period since first signs of said devil. so with a combination of rosemary and clove oil, met 52 or Vietnamese version that is way cheaper but only avail in 2 ton bulk. lol maybe if ik the language i could find vendors. but no avail in english(met 52, rosemary oil, clove oil) & a solution with prethrum or its extract and a temperature of 50-40 degrees in the root zone (chiller, palstic bag,ice, coolers n thermometer, whatever floats your boat) i feel we have a significant to seriously fux these guys up. now this is my last ditch before just cutting them, idk how bad of a shock this would cause them, but i can only assume if no water is freezing on them they wont die, and will at some point bounce back, if some roots die.. thats what hygrozyme is for. or ill just throw them outdoors and hit them all with males of SFV x pre 98 n Chemdog 91 x jazzberry jam come august if it doesnt work. BUT. either way i thought this was worth a shot and thatd id post my ideas and how they work out for me. especially you guys with chillers and dwc systems i feel this would be legit, unless you have mad plants and no helping hands, because you could also drown them out with dry ice at the same time. obviously put a blocking agent for mothers and organic gooey substance on stem to catch those who try to escape the mighty wrath of le shamus.
anywho i have more researching to do. this thread helped oodles thanks everyone who put real info on here. ill post results : P

Shamus

Shamus

and also people who have battling these for years why not BOMB the living hell out of your empty room with every pesticide known to man and then rinse it thoroughly again and again? and use liquid culture propagation to keep your strains? maybe for some reason you cant but just a permanent suggestion not a temporary one not like i.e. them coming about in flower, but always being there from start to finish making your life hell.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

If I'm not mistaken, Metarhizium anisopliae is available in the OGbiowar product as well. It is priced competitively with the rogue farmer website for a kilo but there are more spores/species of beneficial bacteria/fungi available in the OGbiowar product. Also, OGbiowar is available in smaller packs which may be more cost effective for some individuals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom