Who wants to kill some root aphids?

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onespark

Onespark

Wow Altimood. Another sick vid from you amigo! Thanks for sharing. Met is on sale for two weeks if anyone needs contact info let me know. I think its about $425 for 22LBS and you can get it in five LB bags. Not bad really. I keep waiting for my RA's to come back but I think they are gone. I can't wait to see what happens next with your creepy crawlers! It's very strange for them to come up on the plant like that. I'm getting some popcorn and pulling up a chair....

green punk

green punk

Holy cow. Those look exactly like what i had except i never saw them on vegetation other than the base of the stem. Thank you for continuing to up date us. What is the camera?

altimood

altimood

Holy cow. Those look exactly like what i had except i never saw them on vegetation other than the base of the stem. Thank you for continuing to up date us. What is the camera?
That is a USB digital camera hooked up to an I Mac. The brand is generic but it is an 800x capable scope. You can get them for like $50-$60 bucks.

Also- I said Met 52 is a mold spore in the video, however it is a fungus. My bad.:smiley_joint::icon_dizzy:

D

DoobyScoo

Damn glad I just had Fungus Gnats and thought they was those little fuckers!
Almost like a mutant spider mite.

Onespark

Onespark

Keep us updated on the Evergreen guys.

My last run in was the dreaded Russet Mite. Dreadful little things. Mitey washed them right off. hehehe.

J

justsomedude

i need to get my hands on some met52 bad! can you pm me please?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I know Green Mopho battled those russet mites successfully. Full on Avid/Imid attack

altimood

altimood

I know Green Mopho battled those russet mites successfully. Full on Avid/Imid attack
I used a hard core product on my small veg plants called Judo to get rid of my russet problem. It was hard on the plants but they came out of it pretty quickly. Root aphids are NOTHING compared to eriophyid mites in my opinion. They are without a doubt the most hardcore bug I have battled yet. I have a clean bill a health now but I'm constantly looking for those little bastards. If i find them on flowering plants I use mighty wash, but that only seems to hold them down. Mightywash is great but its brutal on trichome heads. Once those russets get in the bud its a damn nightmare. Just talking about it gives me the damn willy's. MET52 rules for root aphids. Best preventative ever.

M

Mr Dank

This thread should be a reminder to us all to ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM

G

GEMiNi GENETiCS

Ive read through quite a few pages of this thread .. But figured it quicker to just ask .. .. Where did you guys get your Met 52 from and how much .. .. I dont really need too much just enough to treat 50 gallons of soil with .. .. Is there anywhere state side that sells smaller quantities?l

M

mendel

This thread should be a reminder to us all to ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM

or grow from seed. There is only 3 places id recieve cuts from, because ive seen the grows and know they are clean. Folk here in Co pass pathogens around like mad, its no wonder there is so much shit weed here.

C

chrisv2069

MisterAvocado

Hey MisterAvocado can you PM me with where you got the met 52 in Oregon.Thanks

F

forty

DO NOT USE EVERGREEN 6% FOR DRENCH!! Evergreen is 5% Pyrethrin and 1% Horti oil .... the oil will smother the roots. Evergreen is great for the canopy, but a no-no for a soil drench.

could you elaborate on this please? not doubting you but some have used it as a drench with no probs. could be a difference in people's set ups- might be safe in a recirc or any system where roots don't ever fully dry. i could see it possibly leaving a residue on roots in situations with soil-like grows where root zones go through wet and dry cycles over time and in the absence (drying) of the surfactant used to suspend it in water. any thoughts?

eyecandi

eyecandi

sounds right to me. my agri supply store (not a 'hydro' store, a real horti supply company that works with large commercial ag operations - i tend to trust these guys a lot more) turned me away from it for those reasons. said pretty much the same thing, hydro would be fine, but would smother them in soil applications. i'm a soil guy, so tend to think/write in those terms

F

FRANKIE1579

Hi guys, would someone be willing to pm me the contact info? I have had a long and hard battle with root aphids with them constantly returning. I almost lost everything before I identified them and since then have just BARELY achieved control. Thank you so much this thread has given me alot of hope

eyecandi

eyecandi

read a few pages back. if in CO, contact Onespark. outside CO, i posted the link directly to the company that shows all the US state distributors with contact info.

Top Bottom