Whole Plant Bubble Hash Questions

• Thread starter juniper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juniper

juniper

When this crop is finished, I was planning on running 95% of the crop into fresh frozen ice-water hash.
I've never ran ice-water hash before, and although I feel fairly cognizant of how it all works, I had a few Q's...
Most guides are concerned with trim and larf...there is a dearth of information about whole plant ice-water hash.

When running whole flowers into bags, how small should the pieces be? I want to have maximum surface area so that trichomes can break off, but what about the trichomes inside the flowers themselves?

What yields can I expect off whole plant fresh frozen? 10% is normal for trim runs, can I expect 15% or so of high quality product?

What, in your opinion, is the best way to process the leftover material that was ran through bags? I imagine there are quite a few trichome stalks and resin inside the bud still. I was planning on infusing coconut oil for edibles in the crock pot with the wet waste material.

Ambre

Ambre

I process my entire harvest as bubble. I cut the buds up into small pieces, about . I usually run the bud without drying it, I just chop it into small pieces, put it into glass jars, and freeze. I run it thru the bubble bags twice. There are still a lot of trichs on the bud, so I drain and partially dry the buds, then freeze them again in order to run QWISO. You could use the bud to make budder or some other oil extraction.

Yield will depend on how many trichs are on your plants. The more "frost," the more yield.

juniper

juniper

What's your average total yield? How much of your yield would you call "dabbable"? Could I bother you for a little more detail about your process? I'd also like to hear about the difference in yield and quality between the 1st/2nd run.

Please tell me more about your QWISO yield after two bubble runs. Do you get a darker oil or a more golden "pull and snap" product? I used to use the QWISO process almost exclusively so I'm all ears.

Of course it's strain dependent, I was just wondering what the typical person can expect with fresh frozen whole plant runs.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Freeze them fresh buds in a turkey bag. After their good and froze they'll crunch right up into small pieces. I'll usually crunch em up then throw it back in the freezer and crunch up what I didn't quite get the first time. Winter time is best for ice water extractions as keeping that water as cold as you possibly can will give you better yields and better quality. do it outside and have a few clean buckets of water that are not quite freezing over (for cleaning bags or adding to your slurry mix). I've found that my old ph pen with temp probe comes in pretty handy doing bubble hash. Colder the better is the best advice I can offer on bubble hash

juniper

juniper

Thank you friend. Your post definitely answered my question about size of the fresh-frozen whole-plant.

What bags do you have/recommend? I was thinking about the 3 bag Original Bubble Bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom