Who's growing in tents,what are they, and such...

• Thread starter hererisssh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys, I've been looking into tents lately for at least my mom's and clone and came across the Homebox Clonebox Large. I'm in a basement with very limited headroom, I smash my head regularly and I'm 6' 1".

Wanted to check the Dark Rooms but they don't seem to list their US suppliers on their site. All of the bigger DR and Homebox tents are 6' 7" or so and won't work as my basement floor was pured much later on after they built the house.

Really looking for good quality and the price is not such an issue. A 4x4x6 would be ideal any others out there to check? No HydroHuts, I just ditched a homemade version with what turned out to be a toxic tarp!!

Thanks

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
TBH, the dark rooms are the best in the business, IMO. They also have probably the biggest range, and have access hatches all over.

They do cost a little more than a budbox, well a large budbox xxl, thats the 2.4 x 1.2 x.2.0 cost at trade price only £99 and retail for over £230.

S

Stackin Paper

Herbie tell him the size of your other 1 and the 1 you used to use, he ain't got the height for a full size 1

K

Kilo

I run hydrogarden tents ..no complaints here.. great bits of kit

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I run a Homebox XL for preflower , A secret Jarden DR120 for mothers and veg and a DR80 for cuts and seeds

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I really wish I had the headroom for that dr120, looks perfect and I've heard you can't beat them in build/material quality. Did you get the XL first Zoo? Which brand do you prefer now that you've been using them a while?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I got the Homebox first but the DR series are built much better and has 2 large windows and much stronger polls . I feel they support the light's much better and your Filter if you hang it .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Fuck, that's exactly what I thought you would say. I need a new house now ;)

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
The DR 80 is only 5 '3 in heighth but is only 2 feet 8 inches wide but would rock with a 250 aircooled in it even a 400 if you can keep it cool .

H

HolliHerb

I am using growbright from htgsupply. looks like knock offs of hydrohuts.

If i remember correctly the gasing problem with tents have been corrected. Hydrohuts have corrected this.

This is a public letter they put out. I found it again on another forum:

Open Letter from HydroHut to the public

In the last several months, HydroHut has been made aware of and pursued a problem with some of its Huts causing a peculiar plant yellowing leading to plant whitening in certain, sensitive plants. While the issue did not arise in all plants, or all Huts, the existence of a problem was not conducive to our product's mission.

After several months of extensive testing, false positives and much interaction with the public regarding this matter, we have found an EPA approved compound that isn't stable in our plastic and that causes extreme stress to certain sensitive plants. In the future, this compound will be removed during manufacture.

Our focus has been directed at how to remove this compound from the plastic and to do so in a way that we could retroactively repair any HydroHut already in the field. As of February 2008, HydroHut will be repairing any affected HydroHuts at its facility. The exact process by which we repair the HydroHuts is extensive and proprietary and it will be carried out by a trained staff at our locations.

We fully understand that this situation with our product has adversely affected many clients. For this reason, we are standing behind our product and are offering anyone who has been affected a way to have his/her HydroHut repaired free of charge.

Any client, be they end user or store, can arrange to have his HydroHut shipped back to our Los Angeles facility for processing, free of charge. The HydroHut will then be shipped back to the client free of charge.

All inquiries for HydroHut processing should be directed to [email protected] with no exceptions.

Please provide the following details in the email:

1) Size/model of affected HydroHut

2) Number of affected HydroHuts (only the HydroHut brand will be accepted for processing)

3) Address where the HydroHut can be picked up by UPS call tag (make sure someone is there to meet the UPS driver) Do not use a PO box as UPS will not pick up from a PO box

4) A name to whom/which we can address the package going back to you, the client. (We will make a good faith attempt at getting your product back to you. If nobody is at the address to accept the package three times, the package will be sent back to Los Angeles. Any further attempts to get the package to the client will be paid for by client.)

5) Please remove your HydroHut canvas or skin and box it up. Do not pack up your poles or hardware. Do not remove your frame. Do not attempt to ship us your frame or other items. We will only be call tagging the canvas in a box. You must provide that box and properly seal that box. We will send you a call tag for a specific weight based on the email you send to us with your HydroHut details. Again, we will only be taking back your canvas for processing; no other parts or hardware will be accepted. Leave your frame set up and intact.

6) We will make every effort to process and reship your HydroHut canvas within two weeks. This is not a guarantee but it is our goal. Please note that ground shipments across the USA can take up to 8 days! Even if we process your HydroHut in only one day, there could still be 16 days of ground shipping, 8 days coming to us and 8 days going back. Be patient. Most clients will not have to wait two weeks. Every attempt will be made to expedite each HydroHut.

7) If a store has new HydroHut, still in its original box, the canvas can be re-boxed in a separate box, and the canvas will be returned to the store new and folded, ready to put back into the original box. Please keep your original box at your store including all poles, hardware, and instructions. Do not send us the entire unit.

While this entire exercise may be time consuming, HydroHut is doing all that it can to rectify this problem as quickly as possible. We apologize to everyone for the difficulties incurred with our product, end-users and stores. Without a loyal standing of clients we would be nothing. It is our goal make this situation as right as we can. Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us through this difficult period.

Hope this helps. :yes:clapping

Join us tent growers!!! lol

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
First need is for a 4 foot, 4 bulb, t8 fixture. My grow cab does well, but it's small so that's next. Gotta be under 6' tall and at least 3x3 for me to update. Current cab is 2.5x2.5 and it's a little too small.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
This is a public letter they put out. I found it again on another forum
The problem I have with them is how long it took and how many people complaining it took for them to even admit it might be a problem. I don't mind paying big bucks but be sure I expect it be quality as a result.

I'll check out the brand you posted up HH. Thanks for the help.

Join us tent growers!!! lol
I will be, one way or another.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the input RD, I'm sure the issue with HydroHuts is solved now but I still find myself skiddish.

H

HolliHerb

i feeel you on that one hsh, i was pretty iffy too when i purchased my tent. I should've gone with the secret jardin from what others has said about strength and what not. Most tents out there are made of steal posts. The same posts in portable closets sold at walmart.

Flimsy indeed. I bolt myne to the wall using these anchors. That helps alot. Another thing that gets me is the equipment support. Flimsy = bad equipment support. I will have to further support my equipment poles with chains to the ceiling.

That was a given tho, something heavy hanging down the middle of a .5" pole will definitely bend it a bit. I wish these tents have stronger posts.

I had a friend buy "Great Stuff" insulation foam spray. He sprayed foam into the tubes and it helped him greatly. Check it out.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I hear ya HH. I'm familiar with great stuff, did you see the post on here about the guy that tried using that for some patch work?

It's the funniest thing I've seen on this board:

Sorry foreverherb but that shit makes me laugh every time I read it. :)

K

Kilo

200cm gonner be too big bro... im sure hydrohut or bud box got some smaller kind

F

FastForward

I use Budbox M (usually for mothers, atm for flowering), Budbox S (for prop/vegging), DR120 for flowering. Both are good, but I prefer the DR120 because of the single zipper opening and silver lining...

Mate just bought the clonebox...that's a lovely piece of kit...and very versatile too...

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like the clonebox might be the best answer for my immediate needs. Fairly good build quality and materials FF?

Top Bottom