Why 600W HPS over 1kW HPS

• Thread starter jandjbako
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FileError404

DAN K:

For only 4 plants I would get the 1K. Otherwise you'll have 4 tall plants with a few nice colas, nice upper buds and tons of popcorn bud from the bottoms. It's a bitch to trim :D
I would put the 1K on top and hang the 600W vertical in between. Should give you amazing results.

GL!

S

swisscheese

There's a lot of hype but it all depends on what you're trying to achieve and how much space you have.

J

jandjbako

Thanks everyones for all the input. You have all answered my questions. So, the real debate is about penetration, and lumen per watt. I might check out two 6's for my buddies new garden Im helping with. He wants to grow indica.

I grow sativas, and sativa dominat bushes in 10 gal Soil bags. 12 each to a 1k in a 5x5 tent. Im pretty sure i need the penetration. The fourth light is veging. I got 100w of blue t5 in each as secondary lighting. Dropping those in really blew quality out the roof. I get 1.5 to 2 a set out of them every 8.5-9.5 weeks , and I that keeps me happly medicated

A 4'x8' area covered with 2K and 1 400mH in the middle...XOX... That is the best method i have found for horizontal lighting. Banging quality there every single time IMHO.:sun

I think that set up sound perfect to me, I have been thinking of doing something like that on a 8' light mover, and doing 6'x8'

Thanks,

J1

S

supasticky

Im looking at 32 clones from the same mother. plants are on week six of flower. 16 under a 1K w/ a mag coil ballast and 16 under a 600 w/ a lumitek digital.

I never understand why I see this everywhere? The comparison is 2 600's vs 1 1000w. With a higher plant count on the 600 side. not the same plant count and the same number of lights.

-Supa

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
And i'll take my blown big block over your 20 psi 2 liter :)

Time to ditch that blower and throw a couple turbo's on it... Or just throw a couple turbo's on it :D

L

Lost

Im actually a big fan of turbo diesels.. Nothing like a 4 ton truck doing 11's.. heheheh

Here is a light truck with a Duramax in it.. hhahahha

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggxsrVWEf9E[/youtube]

J

jakehowdy

Stagger them

I have a 10x10 room with staggered 600's and 1000w's. I go 6, 1000, 6 on each side, six lights total. You get the best of both worlds and it does great.

M

MJPassion

The simple answer is efficiency! 600W bulbs put out more light per watt consumed. Also since your power being fed to the light is only 60% of a thowie so there is less heat produced allowing you to place your lights closer to your plants. Personally... I'll never buy another thowie again. I'd rather run 2 600W and SUNPULSE 6.4K bulbs for flowering.

With 2 600s you will also have the advantage of 2 points of light leaving less shadows under the main canopy.

This should defeat the thowie penetration MYTH as well.

Yall ought not speak up that dont use the products yall are hatin on. Your ignorance shows when your foot is in your mouths. I see this all over this site and it's not just one person either.

L

Lost

Yall ought not speak up that dont use the products yall are hatin on. Your ignorance shows when your foot is in your mouths. I see this all over this site and it's not just one person either.

I use 600's (as well as 1000's and 1500's..) as well, but I don't know shit so I guess i'll keep to myself... :)

S

scrapiron

I use 600's (as well as 1000's and 1500's..) as well, but I don't know shit so I guess i'll keep to myself... :)

You may not know shit.... but I bet you know better than to use straight "SUNPULSE 6.4K bulbs for flowering" :stonedsmilie:

PS, I will have to send you a pic of my POWERSTROKE, and show you what a real Turbo Diesel should look like!!!

M

MASSES 420KING

Im looking at 32 clones from the same mother. plants are on week six of flower. 16 under a 1K w/ a mag coil ballast and 16 under a 600 w/ a lumitek digital. The plants under the 1k are bigger and thicker. Plants under the 600 have nice tops but a more whispy bottom two thirds of the plant, and thinner overall branch diameter. These are 24-32" bushes. I have been trying to determine the same thing you are asking and Im staying with 1k's on 240v. This is not my first try with these two setups going head to head.
Everything from the 600's is of top notch quality just doesn't end up quite yielding like the 1k does in my observation. The 600 Still makes dense flowers and I am sure there are people with 6's blowing my observations out of the water. anyway...

A 4'x8' area covered with 2K and 1 400mH in the middle...XOX... That is the best method i have found for horizontal lighting. Banging quality there every single time IMHO.:sun
if your running a side by side test you need 2 600s to your 1 1000w and you can use a 3.5 feet by 5 or even 6 feet to do your test correctly and myself and a few other local growers i know have run these same tests for the same reasons and we all agree 600s and 400s are more bang for your buck 2 600s to a 1000w 3 400s to a 1000 watt also you can place your lights to within ten inches of the tops with a fan trained on the air zone between lights and plant tops the lumens will just be pouring down on the girls and they will love you for that

L

Lost

PS, I will have to send you a pic of my POWERSTROKE, and show you what a real Turbo Diesel should look like!!!

And i'll show you a pic of my chevy and show you what a real diesel does look like, muahhahahah!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
It comes down to style of grow and layout on which is better for YOUR grow, both 600's and 1000's have there pro's/con's.

2-600's vs a single 1000w... Really? Not a good comparison at all IMO...

I'll take a gas twin turbo sbc or bbc over a diesel turbo. Not gonna say I wouldn't own a turbo diesel truck though... ;)

E

El.Knightrider

good tread this, i find the 600watt is perfect at 1.5m square, that's how i work out all of my grows in room, shed, size etc, only stick with the 600 watt me my friend, good tread by the way.

T

TheGrowNinja

for a new guy with uber little exp , its hard to tell which is correct. both sides are compelling. personally ima go with dual 6's. curious though...do you 1k'ers also believe clothes, cars, electronics etc are all better if popularly branded or higher costing? or bigger and cooler looking? not hatin, as i said i dont have a crop under belt, but im curious.

F

FileError404

...do you 1k'ers also believe clothes, cars, electronics etc are all better if popularly branded or higher costing? or bigger and cooler looking?

No, but we believe a car with a 300HP engine is faster than 2 cars with 200HP engines.

S

stickygreenman

two 600s is going to be a far more expensive setup and will cost more in electric than one 1000, but you get more light and the light is far more efficient because it is spread out and each light produces more lumens per watt. if you have a 1000, i would say keep it. you could always add another 1000 for cheaper than buying 2 new 600s. obviously, this is even MORE expensive, but you are getting alot more light. like most things in life, you pay for what you get.

Top Bottom