Why 600W HPS over 1kW HPS

• Thread starter jandjbako
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

i can see how that would work with a higher plant count just aiming for the topsof 9 plants... my plant count can only be 4... can you get as much penetration with 2 600's as opposed to a 1k??? i run the bottom third of the plant bare right now with 1 600. it just doesn't penetrate and makes undesirable larf...

imho 600 watt hps all day you can place them to within 8-10 inches from your colas so on top of that now they have even greater penatration then a single 1000 you cant even place a 1000 any closer then 14 inches from tops at best and thats gotta be top of the line cooling equiptment to pull that off also it makes more sense to have to sources of light as opposed to the one source tons of studies have shown time and time again 2 is better then one [ie look at the 2 burger kings beat up the one mcds dude]:sun2:

L

Lost

imho 600 watt hps all day you can place them to within 8-10 inches from your colas so on top of that now they have even greater penatration then a single 1000 you cant even place a 1000 any closer then 14 inches from tops at best and thats gotta be top of the line cooling equiptment to pull that off also it makes more sense to have to sources of light as opposed to the one source tons of studies have shown time and time again 2 is better then one [ie look at the 2 burger kings beat up the one mcds dude]:sun2:

Really? Someone forgot to tell me that one because my 1500 hps is about 10 inches from the closest cola. My 1000's are 6 inches away from the closest cole.. huh..

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Really? Someone forgot to tell me that one because my 1500 hps is about 10 inches from the closest cola. My 1000's are 6 inches away from the closest cole.. huh..

Are you guys talking about with or without reflectors?

It’s like two 1/2 ton trucks or a 1 ton truck, there for different jobs.
Two 1/2 ton trucks can't carry a 1 ton package, but you can put more packages in two 1/2 ton trucks.
Unless you put both 600s bulbs right next to each other (and then I’m not sure) can you deliver more light to some point on a bud as a 1000w
:icon_spin:

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

I grow with 1 1000 vertical and 1 fan and my plants get about the same 6 inches from the bulb...have burnt a few a lil when they swell up and lean more than i expect ...I run a eye hort bulb and love it.....really could use the 1500 or might do another 1000 like 18 -24 off the floor right under the existing that i wouldn't move..

M

MASSES 420KING

i use wing hoods un cooled and pull roughly 25-30 zippers dry per 600 i run a continual propetual meaning i pull once every 21-35 days depending 0n the strain i harvest one light at a time grown in promix and 2-3 gallon buckets drain to waste/capillary action when i ran my single 1000 hps i could get just over an elbowand i just switched to 600s a year ago

T

Trichomie

Im currently running 4 600's , good set up decent wattage. Would it be possible to increase pentration by hanging 3 or so 200watt CFLs vertical into the canopy. I saw they make them in red spectrum for flowering. Anyone have any input on if this would really be worth it?

L

Lost

Im currently running 4 600's , good set up decent wattage. Would it be possible to increase pentration by hanging 3 or so 200watt CFLs vertical into the canopy. I saw they make them in red spectrum for flowering. Anyone have any input on if this would really be worth it?

Yes, it will help. In fact if you take a big cfl and put it next to a bud that is already big and gets alot of top light, put the cfl right next to it, like 3-4 inches. It will turn into a huge monster bud.

Top Bottom