Why Are My Leaves Growing Three Fingers? Let Me Tell You Why

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is the first year I'm growing out genetics where the plants actually start with three leaves. I've been doing this for a decade now, so I find it significant and will be watching how they progress very closely.

That said, I've got all those previous years of experience that tell me that the triple lobed leaves are more likely due to a reveg scenario, outlined as I did in the original post.

And THAT goes to show that you can never stop learning! :D

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I popped a pack of sam the skunkman mixed seeds once and ended up with a short stocky plant that had leaves shaped like ducks feet and smelled like burning rubber...the buds were more like little balls, crappy yield...fantastic smoke...It kept those leaves throughout the entire grow..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Isn't there a ducksfoot strain? I've never seen it and never even heard of it til I got onto some cultivation fora.

I'll have to double-check today, but I believe the BoG Lifestar I'm growing out is keeping to triple-lobed leaves. And my AC/DC is tossing singles still, she's taking a LONG-ASS time to get herself back into veg after my timer fuck-up.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Isn't there a ducksfoot strain?

1DF

And my AC/DC is tossing singles still,

There's also single leaf plants...

1single

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Yeah, there was a ducksfoot strain but it's a sativa, mine were pure indica structure...what happened to your timer?[

QUOTE="Seamaiden, post: 1476950, member: 12515"]Isn't there a ducksfoot strain? I've never seen it and never even heard of it til I got onto some cultivation fora.

I'll have to double-check today, but I believe the BoG Lifestar I'm growing out is keeping to triple-lobed leaves. And my AC/DC is tossing singles still, she's taking a LONG-ASS time to get herself back into veg after my timer fuck-up.[/QUOTE]

johnnyblazed

johnnyblazed

heres a pic of a triangle kush throwing 3 blades and its not revegging as you can see I think its genetics

Attachment
growGen

growGen

Is there a possibility these symptoms might be thrips? I have some cuts that are at least 3-4 weeks old (I really need to start tracking veg cycle as well as flower) taken around week 3 flower. They are displaying the 3 finger and trich's on the stalk and leaves symptoms. the part that concerns me most is that there is not leaf growth at each node along the stalk. Some nodes only have a couple pistols shooting out. After reading this thread I am fairly certain its related to the time cuts were taken and revegetative length. thought I would ask if it could be thrip related just to be safe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not in my experience, I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with thrips thus far.

Wisher619

Wisher619

just for reference ....that plant is a pure landrace Affhani....No GSC/OG....etc....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Now, that's interesting. As I said at the beginning of this thread, I've never grown out OGs and I've never seen plants from seed start with triple-lobed leaves (until this year, 2nd year I'm growing out more varied sources of genetics from breeders I have less or no contact with). Could this be a stronger trait in these Afghani lines, and could the fact that I tend to grow lines that are stronger on the Sativa side be one reason why I've never observed this in seed starts, but always do on revegging clones?

shemshemet

shemshemet

Just realized, we've got a "blueberry" cutting that often grows three lobes.

We aren't sure what the cut actually is, whether its DJ short blueberry or just a random plant that smells nice.

This part of the afghani lines? It is quite an indica...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, now I'm even more tripped out because I *love* Blueberry and Blueberry crosses, I've been growing them out for years. Nary a triple unless it's revegging.

Color me tripped!

shemshemet

shemshemet

Seamaiden

Don't go off my blueberry cut!

We really don't know the origins! It could be completely unrelated!

Top Bottom