Why Do My Autoflowers Look Like Twiggy!!

• Thread starter Newtogrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Geez Newto u was told by the manufacturer that the light should be 18 inches above canopy. I do have three drivers wired to a single potentiometer so that I can dim things up following any kind of stress. I WAS enjoying watching them but I've been told they are not going to enjoy 12/12. They were doing just fine b4 the switch fringe 20/4. Apparently they want a light than I'm giving then so idk what the result will be. I don't know whats bothering the first plant and the last picture is a example of supercropping to the extreme. We will see if Blueberry OG responds (not an auto) to some serious roughing up. Good luck and supercrop your girls, they won't mind.
View attachment 671524
View attachment 671526
NICE!! I was on one of the sites and for my led system they said that when the are seedlings 24-36 inches away and when flowering 18-20 above the tops. I have an 800 watt cob. I started at that height and the plants were growing fine looking nice and then they took off for Saturn. lolol. That's all I can say. I've grown 8 plants in maybe 2 yrs.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Ok I went and did it, I supercropped my plant. Now its time to keep my fingers crossed. Live and learn.. lolol
20170221 1853201

Betico

Betico

At the size they are now how much bloom would I use? I use jungle juice grow, micro and bloom. I fed them today just straight ro water and the ph is 6.4. So my water is decent. The last feeding I gave them, in a gallon of water, 1 teaspoon of cal/mag, 4mLs micro and 8mLs of bloom. If that's to much or to less let me know. The last plant I grew. In a gallon of water , 1 teaspoon cal/mag, 4mLs grow, 6mLs micro and 16mLs of bloom which is 2 teaspoons.
At the size they are now I a tbsp per gal. Every other watering. Also I don't think super cropping an auto was smart especially in flower. During flower you want to try and not to stress the plant so it focuses it energy on the buds. Also an auto grows for a certain period of time which means it goes through its cycles nomatger how much light you give em. I read your trying to use LEDs that a great idea but keep em closer to much light is better than too little in my opinion they're LEDs and can't burn your plants.

IMG 3822
Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

20170222 1125181
20170222 1125301
20170222 1125442
20170222 1125021
This is sweet, I just supercropped my plants last night and when I got up this morning the tops were starting to turn up. I hope I didn't stress the plants to much. All the leaves starting to turn around.

Planter01

Planter01

So Newto are you happy with your choice of supercropping over shearing? I am and they're not even mine.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

So Newto are you happy with your choice of supercropping over shearing? I am and they're not even mine.
Lolol, Yes I would like to say I like super cropping. I think it stressed out the plant for about a week and a half. But I know now that I can do it to auto's. When do you start to supercrop? Not to sure when to start. How's it going with your grow?

hermit186

hermit186

Nice grow but your on the very edge of N Tox narrow leaf structure and the tips burnt is to late to do anything.
If you use cal/mag might be what is doing it try treating them individually in the future the N in cal/mag is getting you at the end. How to stop stretch in confined space side lighting in late veg and early flip.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Nice grow but your on the very edge of N Tox narrow leaf structure and the tips burnt is to late to do anything.
If you use cal/mag might be what is doing it try treating them individually in the future the N in cal/mag is getting you at the end. How to stop stretch in confined space side lighting in late veg and early flip.
Yea I hear you on the leaves. They have about 2-3 weeks left. The only thing that I added to the water is cal-mag. I've had a calcium problem on about 3-4 plants. This grow just went the other way. From what I understand led grow lights (mine is a 800 watt cob) should be about 24"-36" from the tops when they are in veg. and 18"-20" in bloom. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Planter01

Planter01

Sup Newto. I'm running 900 watts of 3590 COBs and I have been keeping the lights from 12 to 18 inches from day one. I started at 18 inches and 12 inches is where I've comfortably landed. Might even be able to sneak a little closer but why take the chance.

hermit186

hermit186

Read Sea's posts on how to treat separately. I use 9.7% Calcium EDTA is not real expensive and you can add or foliar spray which is how I do it. I haven't add any extra C in a very long time if you spray with old paint sprayer the fog you will create at lights out just before will spend the dark absorbing then in the Am when the lights come on it will put it to use. Mag is Epsom salt. Careful with it, it is very fast and you should use less then if you add to nutrients. If you get into reading about it you will see Cal25 mentioned it's pricey but when you use as a foliar spray is like using lighting in a cup. It will end a C problem with one spray and then use the 9.7%. I grew a bunch of the White strains and you grow much White Widow you will learn about Calicum and that's fore sure.

Use your hand to determine light height many brands are different. Place your hand between the light and plant and raise till it just warms your hand not hot warm and fans will help this.
Led's are a straight shot and are very intense directly under them but have not so good side lighting.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Sup Newto. I'm running 900 watts of 3590 COBs and I have been keeping the lights from 12 to 18 inches from day one. I started at 18 inches and 12 inches is where I've comfortably landed. Might even be able to sneak a little closer but why take the chance.
I hear ya!!

hermit186

hermit186

Cut the CaNO3 and add MKP and MAP. I don't do it a week 4 I do it at week 2, week 4, week 7,8 and then flush at 9. I also do not use 3-2-1 anymore although it is a fine formula. Currently trying to perfect a veg recipe. Eliminating red petioles is my goal. I have always ran P low due to the fact that high P interferes with mycorrhzae growth and high P causes stretch. The theory was that if I fed less P I would have bushier plants and a solid microbial colony. However, slow growth and red stems have been pissing me off lately so I have slowly been adding P and taking lots of notes.
I believe after look at my notes and reading Cap here is why your plants stretch out From the mid point in veg your P has been just a bit high.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Read Sea's posts on how to treat separately. I use 9.7% Calcium EDTA is not real expensive and you can add or foliar spray which is how I do it. I haven't add any extra C in a very long time if you spray with old paint sprayer the fog you will create at lights out just before will spend the dark absorbing then in the Am when the lights come on it will put it to use. Mag is Epsom salt. Careful with it, it is very fast and you should use less then if you add to nutrients. If you get into reading about it you will see Cal25 mentioned it's pricey but when you use as a foliar spray is like using lighting in a cup. It will end a C problem with one spray and then use the 9.7%. I grew a bunch of the White strains and you grow much White Widow you will learn about Calicum and that's fore sure.

Use your hand to determine light height many brands are different. Place your hand between the light and plant and raise till it just warms your hand not hot warm and fans will help this.
Led's are a straight shot and are very intense directly under them but have not so good side lighting.
Yo bro, right now the light is about 16" above the tops. I put my hand there and its not that hot at all. Does that sound right? Thanks a bunch..

dan1989

dan1989

They are stretching for the light. More light or bring it closer.
Take the ruler and replace with your hand. Put your hand between the plants and light if hand gets warm or you want to move it, move light up.
They have a hormone problem this is a possibility you adding thing that will stretch them.
Led's can be part of it they tend to stretch out more than hid.
To me they look hungry the green should be darker.
If you have a way introduce a florescent or cfl light put in in the dark and be there when it comes on if your problem is light they will turn toward it coming out of the droop. If is a spectrum problem the next morning a lot of Fan leafs will be reaching for it has taken 2 or 3 days.

No expert by any means but would go along with the stretchy LED comment. I suspect its because many LED units are no where near as powerful as stated. Take a 600w led, depending on the price, may very well have 600w worth of diodes but its not much use if they only have 75-100w of power supplying them. You get what you pay for.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

No expert by any means but would go along with the stretchy LED comment. I suspect its because many LED units are no where near as powerful as stated. Take a 600w led, depending on the price, may very well have 600w worth of diodes but its not much use if they only have 75-100w of power supplying them. You get what you pay for.
Oh I do go along with stretchy led comment. This is the first time this has happened. I except all the help I can. I know that my 800 watt led is only about 350 or so. I'm gonna go to two 400 watters and i'll be able to angle them. I'm changing my grow room all around. I'm no expert by any means. I grow for me to help my illness.

hermit186

hermit186

Yo bro, right now the light is about 16" above the tops. I put my hand there and its not that hot at all. Does that sound right? Thanks a bunch..

Yes in my case I have to move 3 times but in time you can flash your hand under it and know.
I also believe that Led's cause several strains to stretch. I had 12 at one time and now use 5 and 6th as kicker.
I am not sure adding HID was the reason but at that point it got much better. I believe only the best Led's are putting out what the Label says. I have a height issue and the straight line effect that Led's make is what is burning a lot of beginners plants up. I also believe that the roots are forgotten and when they see the leaves turning enzyme is there last thought. Should have been first. Moving air will not cool led's if you need go to UTube(to many know it alls) there are video's that will support everything I say about led's and they might be cooler but the change saved me money. I installed a track light with a 1000watt Hid and took down 6 or 7 Leds. My electric bill went down. Even in the hottest months is was still about the same as before. I also have friend and he has built his own Led's and are mounted in key places(electronic freek) with the power supplies mounted in a small area with a/c he has a nice rig.
I could buy a new Harley for what it costs. After 4 grows he put in track light with 600Watt Hid. Took out a few Led's, production went up and electric bill stayed the same.
Why all this? I have read here and seen the same that grows on pure Led's may or may not be true to me the are just snake-oil salesmen lights are there oil. My results and a few others here who have added more light wave lengths to there spectrum. For me the weed is better. Please remember my comments are the product of trying to grow better in my situation.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Yes in my case I have to move 3 times but in time you can flash your hand under it and know.
I also believe that Led's cause several strains to stretch. I had 12 at one time and now use 5 and 6th as kicker.
I am not sure adding HID was the reason but at that point it got much better. I believe only the best Led's are putting out what the Label says. I have a height issue and the straight line effect that Led's make is what is burning a lot of beginners plants up. I also believe that the roots are forgotten and when they see the leaves turning enzyme is there last thought. Should have been first. Moving air will not cool led's if you need go to UTube(to many know it alls) there are video's that will support everything I say about led's and they might be cooler but the change saved me money. I installed a track light with a 1000watt Hid and took down 6 or 7 Leds. My electric bill went down. Even in the hottest months is was still about the same as before. I also have friend and he has built his own Led's and are mounted in key places(electronic freek) with the power supplies mounted in a small area with a/c he has a nice rig.
I could buy a new Harley for what it costs. After 4 grows he put in track light with 600Watt Hid. Took out a few Led's, production went up and electric bill stayed the same.
Why all this? I have read here and seen the same that grows on pure Led's may or may not be true to me the are just snake-oil salesmen lights are there oil. My results and a few others here who have added more light wave lengths to there spectrum. For me the weed is better. Please remember my comments are the product of trying to grow better in my situation.
I understand!! Peace Out Bro..

Latest posts

Top Bottom