KingBvM

Why do my girls curl

Why do my girls curl 2
Why do my girls curl 3
Why do my girls curl 4

Anthem

Anthem

Coco can be over watered?!?!
To be honest I looked at the solo cup plants and the soil. The soil looks to be really dark. Like it has a lot of water content. That with the puffy leaves and the new growth looking slightly deformed looks to be over watered. But now the other side, you are going to find people that water with coco like up to 5 times a day. If you are in a 70/30 mix of coco to perlite I have had problems with over watering. If you are over watering it is slight. When I have had plants in 70/30 over watered I picked up the pot and it was heavy. Plants in Coco the pot should have little weight before watering.

KingBvM

KingBvM

To be honest I looked at the solo cup plants and the soil. The soil looks to be really dark. Like it has a lot of water content. That with the puffy leaves and the new growth looking slightly deformed looks to be over watered. But now the other side, you are going to find people that water with coco like up to 5 times a day. If you are in a 70/30 mix of coco to perlite I have had problems with over watering. If you are over watering it is slight. When I have had plants in 70/30 over watered I picked up the pot and it was heavy. Plants in Coco the pot should have little weight before watering.

The solo cup plants are in mother earth potting soil.
Yes it is more like 60/40 so now that j know that I will use less water.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Did you recently lst or trim? Did you pack the coco in the pots/cups? I water my coco 3 times a day. They just look a little sad, they’re beautiful though!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm with @Madbud overwatering is lack of o2 and should not be a thing in coco. But directly tied to it is the flow of nutrients and transpiration rates.

What the temp and humidity?

Time of day can also play a role.

KingBvM

KingBvM

I'm with @Madbud overwatering is lack of o2 and should not be a thing in coco. But directly tied to it is the flow of nutrients and transpiration rates.

79f and 42% (having a hard time keeping the humidity up)

I'm using smart pots ( 20% vermiculite 40% perlite and 40%)

KingBvM

KingBvM

Should I be using less water when I water? I use a sprayer and once the top layer is wet I usually stop. I only do run off for feeding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should I be using less water when I water? I use a sprayer and once the top layer is wet I usually stop. I only do run off for feeding.
I'm not a coco grower but I'm gonna say 2-3x a day at 600-700 ppm and water to saturate the entire pot and get 20% runoff. If you ask me your way underwatering and that's likely why they look over fed. Try to get the humidity up to 60% If you can.

KingBvM

KingBvM

Did you recently lst or trim? Did you pack the coco in the pots/cups? I water my coco 3 times a day. They just look a little sad, they’re beautiful though!

I did not pack the smart pots. I use 20% vermiculite, 40% perlite and the rest canna coco. I did just LST but that was a few days ago and they were fine. I feed after I LST'd and used a b12 folair spray.

When you water three times do you I ise full strength nutes or PH'd water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did not pack the smart pots. I use 20% vermiculite, 40% perlite and the rest canna coco. I did just LST but that was a few days ago and they were fine. I feed after I LST'd and used a b12 folair spray.

When you water three times do you I ise full strength nutes or PH'd water?
All feeds at at 6-700ppm right now. That's why it's drain to waste... It's wasteful but very effective and has amazing growth.

The frequency of feeding keep the coco from building up nutrients... It's not like soil you need to feed always

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Yeah I feed every time at full strength. I’ve been using h3ad’s 6/9 method and my ppm is around 850-900. I only fed twice today, but usually 3 times a day.
When I first started I was only feeding once per day and was only feeding like 300 ppm, and since I’ve upped the strength and watering more often they’ve exploded.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 986981
View attachment 986982
View attachment 986983
She is starting to dry out so I will feed again with 1/2 strength notes and some super thrive
Don't hesitate. Feed 800 ppm 3x a day. You will be amazed at the difference.

I said 600-700 only for the first few because it's likely you have some nutrient buildup from letting it dry out. Coco should never dry out and should ideally stay between 95-100% saturated.

Don't be sacred just take the plunge and report back in 3-4days

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Hell yeah Aqua is right, I hesitate to give too much advice, cause I’m new as well, but I was blown away by the difference my plants look.

Top Bottom