• Thread starter KingBvM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingBvM

KingBvM

@boomgagem and @Aqua Man

I have dialed in my environment.
So I have discovered a few problems:
The start of mildew( Treated with neem oil)
Some type of catapilar (Treated with BT pest)
Low humidity (Got a humidifier stays @ 60%)
High zoom PPMs 1400+ I was frying the root system which was causing the leaves to curl because there was not enough oxygen in the mwdium and not enough root mass to uptake water and nutes( dropped the PPM's to under 600 and will gradually raise ever two days. Im now using sensi bloom that way I'm not building large amounts of N inside my pot. Im using mammoth and bush doctor root drench every other daybso I can rebuild the root system as well. Check her out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@boomgagem and @Aqua Man

I have dialed in my environment.
So I have discovered a few problems:
The start of mildew( Treated with neem oil)
Some type of catapilar (Treated with BT pest)
Low humidity (Got a humidifier stays @ 60%)
High zoom PPMs 1400+ I was frying the root system which was causing the leaves to curl because there was not enough oxygen in the mwdium and not enough root mass to uptake water and nutes( dropped the PPM's to under 600 and will gradually raise ever two days. Im now using sensi bloom that way I'm not building large amounts of N inside my pot. Im using mammoth and bush doctor root drench every other daybso I can rebuild the root system as well. Check her out View attachment 991062
View attachment 991063
Looks like you Kickin ass and taken names now bro 👍.

Can't really help ya on the treatments. Just don't have the knowledge.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Neem for mildew is a bad idea..
The heavy hitter for PM is sulphur and you cant use it within 3 weeks of a neem application. And neem will not stop PM.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Btw your username has me curious @KingBvM, are you in emergency services? Makes me think king airway with a bag valve mask. Though technically you dont use the mask with a king, just the bag valve.. lol

KingBvM

KingBvM

Neem for mildew is a bad idea..
The heavy hitter for PM is sulphur and you cant use it within 3 weeks of a neem application. And neem will not stop PM.

I had no idea I'm using a mix sns 244 to stop the mildew and neem to stop the spread.

So Sulphur in a spray will help?

It is not a lot and it spread fe Ok m mt plants i bought from a dispensery.

KingBvM

KingBvM

update
She loves 600-650 PPM range for now I’ll up the PPM’s in about a week. Her recovery from the transplant was amazing 😉. I dipped the root ball in a bucket of Super thrive and fox farm root drench. Then showered the bottom and sides of her new home with great white.
9B139D60 E294 43FA 861E 279E36F6678E

KingBvM

KingBvM

Btw your username has me curious @KingBvM, are you in emergency services? Makes me think king airway with a bag valve mask. Though technically you dont use the mask with a king, just the bag valve.. lol

King because thats my real name and it means check yourself constantly to win the game if life and bvm is bam the a is upside down because im dyslexic and I think its cool that I keep pushing even though i have disabilities more than one

KingBvM

KingBvM

@Aqua Man @boomgagem @Dirtbag Is an update on the girls. Im lst and Scrogg until she fills out my 4x8 then turning. She likes sensi bloom and ppms no higher that 800 if I go higher I start to see darker leaves and a slow down. She has tripled her size and I will switch to bloom cycle in the beginning of September when it starts to get cooler so i don't have to fight with the heat.

20200805 102857
20200805 102902
20200805 101351

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah bro, that plant in coco, should be getting fed every watering. I feed mine until a little runoff twice per day
How little coco can if have and still be treated like coco? OP is only using 40% coco. If he were using 25% coco 50%perlite,25% vermiculite would you still water like coco?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man @boomgagem @Dirtbag Is an update on the girls. Im lst and Scrogg until she fills out my 4x8 then turning. She likes sensi bloom and ppms no higher that 800 if I go higher I start to see darker leaves and a slow down. She has tripled her size and I will switch to bloom cycle in the beginning of September when it starts to get cooler so i don't have to fight with the heat.

View attachment 1012796View attachment 1012797View attachment 1012798
Gonna be close I think to make it to the beggining of sept... May end up pretty cramped in there bro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How little coco can if have and still be treated like coco? OP is only using 40% coco. If he were using 25% coco 50%perlite,25% vermiculite would you still water like coco?
The less coco and more Perlite the more fertigation needed. I also agree that it should be fed with nutrients at every fertigation event and should achieve run off.

growsince79

growsince79

The less coco and more Perlite the more fertigation needed. I also agree that it should be fed with nutrients at every fertigation event and should achieve run off.
I didn't think I made my point well. What if you had 45%perlite,45% Vermiculite,10% coco? At some point you can't just treat it like coco can you?
Cocoloco for example has coco in the mix but gets watered like soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didn't think I made my point well. What if you had 45%perlite,45% Vermiculite,10% coco? At some point you can't just treat it like coco can you?
Cocoloco for example has co o in the mix but gets watered like soil.
You don't treat it like anything ppl describe it as coco but it's based on the drainage. You could grow in pure perlite... Bit with that drainage you likely to have to fertigate every 30min to an hour... It's not really the type or brand of media it's the amount of drainage and water holding capacity.

growsince79

growsince79

You don't treat it like anything ppl describe it as coco but it's based on the drainage. You could grow in pure perlite... Bit with that drainage you likely to have to fertigate every 30min to an hour... It's not really the type or brand of media it's the amount of drainage and water holding capacity.
I've seen plants drown in perlite-vermiculite mixes. IDK why adding a bit of Coco would make a big difference.

growsince79

growsince79

To be honest I looked at the solo cup plants and the soil. The soil looks to be really dark. Like it has a lot of water content. That with the puffy leaves and the new growth looking slightly deformed looks to be over watered. But now the other side, you are going to find people that water with coco like up to 5 times a day. If you are in a 70/30 mix of coco to perlite I have had problems with over watering. If you are over watering it is slight. When I have had plants in 70/30 over watered I picked up the pot and it was heavy. Plants in Coco the pot should have little weight before watering.
Now add Vermiculite and it would be even more overwatered.

KingBvM

KingBvM

Mp

I have setup an automated watering system on a timer she get watered 9 times a day. The timer comes on for 75 sec and it runs of 15%. The ppms going in are 760-800 and the run off is around the same.

KingBvM

KingBvM

I dont know how it make a difference but it is working and my roots are massive ill show you guys when I repot in to a ten gal from a five gal. I will repot today as well before I move her to the 4x8

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now add Vermiculite and it would be even more overwatered.
It all depends on the size of containers. The benefit of coco is you can grow full plants in a 1 gal and yes you will need to fertigate 5-6x a day. But if in 5gal then you likely much less. Watering should be done at the volume approximately 5% of the volume of the media and getting about 10-20% run off. If your not getting that runoff you need to increase the frequency of your getting more you can reduce the frequency.

Top Bottom