Why do people grow autos?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

i dont appreciate this comment and im not reading the rest of it, you are already wrong.
What exactly is wrong with that quote? When I say "mature" I mean fully ripened flower ready for harvest. And flowering doesnt start without 10hrs darkness unless its an auto. 12/12 is just an easy way indoors to ensure at least 10hrs while saving 2hrs worty of electricity.

D

dean1963

i think the mods should just lock or delete this thread before someone gets banned.
everybody is entitled to their own opinion on what and where to grow without being insulted.
if you don't like my/his/her grow then don't read or comment on it

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Who cares about what others think. Just do what makes you happy and don't give a fuck who says otherwise. Photoperiod has its place in the commercial settings. But more and more people are growing autos for their personal medicine than ever before. If they were so shitty why would people grow them? With Companies like Mephisto and NightOwl putting out some fire , I think autoflowers place has been cemented...

TSD

TSD

Im not one bit ashamed to admit the fact that i grow autos outside in new york because i just don't want to fight for a harvest. My first photo grow was last summer and i basically lost everything and what i did get, was about 4 ounces of unfinished weed because of 3 frosts and then a freeze, so i turned it to hash am im going back to autos this summer.
I hear that, I've actually considered an auto outdoor year myself, or at least some of it. I spend so much time and effort to get my shit to the end... time that would be better spent hiking mountains and shit... but I grow a year's worth of smoke for two people in one harvest... so I'd probably need A LOT of autos. What do they even yeild outdoors in these parts, a couple ounces?

TSD

TSD

i think the mods should just lock or delete this thread before someone gets banned.
everybody is entitled to their own opinion on what and where to grow without being insulted.
if you don't like my/his/her grow then don't read or comment on it
Nah we are all adults, we can behave. Everyone is offended by everything these days, should be used to it. 🤣

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I hear that, I've actually considered an auto outdoor year myself, or at least some of it. I spend so much time and effort to get my shit to the end... time that would be better spent hiking mountains and shit... but I grow a year's worth of smoke for two people in one harvest... so I'd probably need A LOT of autos. What do they even yeild outdoors in these parts, a couple ounces?
Some are supposed to be pretty good producers. I haven't grown any yet, but I will this summer. My son-in-law bought some autos he wants me to run in the greenhouse.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Some are supposed to be pretty good producers. I haven't grown any yet, but I will this summer. My son-in-law bought some autos he wants me to run in the greenhouse.
I picked a few auto freebies, and I might have even paid for one that caught my eye (gasp!) When I just did my order... so I'll run at least one outside, probably in a tub... got a 17 gallon tub of barely used ocean forest from last year's super lemon haze fiasco with her name on it lol.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've got some freebies I can throw in the grow as well. One is Gorilla Girl XXL. It's supposed to be mid to upper 20's thc with a rather large yield. I've had my share of skepticism when it comes to autos, but I'm told that modern auto-flower genetics are much higher in THC and much better yielding than they used to be. If they are close enough to their photo-period sisters, I'll switch for my outdoor runs going forward. I'd rather be done harvesting in August/early September before fall weather takes its toll.

TSD

TSD

I've got some freebies I can throw in the grow as well. One is Gorilla Girl XXL. It's supposed to be mid to upper 20's thc with a rather large yield. I've had my share of skepticism when it comes to autos, but I'm told that modern auto-flower genetics are much higher in THC and much better yielding than they used to be. If they are close enough to their photo-period sisters, I'll switch for my outdoor runs going forward. I'd rather be done harvesting in August/early September before fall weather takes its toll.
For sure. It's a hard trudge to the end with photos. I've always been anti auto as well, but results are all I care about and I'm not afraid to change my stance on stuff when presented with evidence... it's called growth lol. I don't think I could ever abandon photos all together, especially with my new found love for outdoor scrogging... plants, outdoor scrogging plants. Lol. Just something about getting a pound or more (at least on the big gals) from a <20 dollar seed that's immensely satisfying to me. 🤷‍♀️ my late starters got a few ounces each, think the clone was 3 and the late seed was 7... I was so disappointed lol. I can see me weighing an auto and crying over the 2 ounce haul lol... guess that's where managing expectations comes into play.

E

elusiveshame

That's what I'm going to do this year as well for outdoor. I'd love to attempt a photoperiod, but I think the effort would be too high with too high of a risk to lose the crop. I snagged some sour apple x mint jelly autos off of NASC for $2 a pop just for this purpose. I can't find much besides a few dead end grow diaries and reddit posts on it, but it seems the 2 strains to make it are pretty good (though sour apple x {hella jelly x sour apple} seems a tad redundant).

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
The people in northern areas that have problems finishing their Photos because of bad weather, could also look into Fast Versions, its a cross between Photo and Auto, more potency than Autos and much bigger harvest.
I tried different ones (mainly Sweet Seeds) with succes, most finished beginning of September.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

The people in northern areas that have problems finishing their Photos because of bad weather, could also look into Fast Versions, its a cross between Photo and Auto, more potency than Autos and much bigger harvest.
I tried different ones (mainly Sweet Seeds) with succes, most finished beginning of September.
Look I smoked Photoperiod bud foe years. Bought a shitload from the dispo and the autos I grew last time were just as strong as any weed I ever had. To ne honest I think it's stronger than 75 % of the Photoperiod bud I smoked. So to simply say that Auto's are weak is not accurate anymore. Maybe when people were growing Lowryder but not now with Mephisto, Nightowl putting out strains that regularly test at 20-30% thc

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Honestly a friend and me have grown a few auto in SOG, we moslty grow photoperiods other ways and what i can say is you observe the same dispersion between strains and sometime just phenotypes than with photoperiods.

Some strain are good producer while some other are not. Some strain are stable some aren't.

It's pretty much the lotery like with photoperiods when you pick a strain from most breeders.

With our SOG set up there is really no real differences with how the plants could look in the end depending strains as well with the gr/w/m²/"weeks spent veg+flo" between autos and photoperiods

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

For sure. It's a hard trudge to the end with photos. I've always been anti auto as well, but results are all I care about and I'm not afraid to change my stance on stuff when presented with evidence... it's called growth lol. I don't think I could ever abandon photos all together, especially with my new found love for outdoor scrogging... plants, outdoor scrogging plants. Lol. Just something about getting a pound or more (at least on the big gals) from a <20 dollar seed that's immensely satisfying to me. 🤷‍♀️ my late starters got a few ounces each, think the clone was 3 and the late seed was 7... I was so disappointed lol. I can see me weighing an auto and crying over the 2 ounce haul lol... guess that's where managing expectations comes into play.
I pulled over a pound on my last Fastbuds Chemdog. One plant she was a beast...Smoke isn't bad either.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Look I smoked Photoperiod bud foe years. Bought a shitload from the dispo and the autos I grew last time were just as strong as any weed I ever had. To ne honest I think it's stronger than 75 % of the Photoperiod bud I smoked. So to simply say that Auto's are weak is not accurate anymore. Maybe when people were growing Lowryder but not now with Mephisto, Nightowl putting out strains that regularly test at 20-30% thc
Dont worry, i am not a member of the anti Auto taliban.
I make my own auto seeds and grow some every year, usually to make oil, i like the results, i like autos.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Dont worry, i am not a member of the anti Auto taliban.
I make my own auto seeds and grow some every year, usually to make oil, i like the results, i like autos.
Yea my bad bro. I didn't mean to quote your message my fault..

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

If you grew them outdoors they would probably yield more. I would say 4-6 ounces per plant. Depending on the cultivar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom