Why do people grow autos?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I hear that, I've actually considered an auto outdoor year myself, or at least some of it. I spend so much time and effort to get my shit to the end... time that would be better spent hiking mountains and shit... but I grow a year's worth of smoke for two people in one harvest... so I'd probably need A LOT of autos. What do they even yeild outdoors in these parts, a couple ounces?
You would indeed need A LOT lol. I grew 12 the year before last, and pulled 32ozs. So just over what you pulled on your BCP

B

bugget

What are the reasons for growing auto as opposed to photoperiod? It is just because it's easier? Or faster? Are there advantages? Is it just convenience? How do the genetics stack up? What is the market for autos?
It's not uncommon for us to lose power from anywhere to a couple of hours to a couple of days. Not willing to chance photos under those conditions.

E

elusiveshame

If you grew them outdoors they would probably yield more. I would say 4-6 ounces per plant. Depending on the cultivar.
I picked up a handful of auto seeds this week to try outdoor this year. I have 4 autos growing right now in one of my tents, and only 1 of them I'm happy with, while the other 3 are kind of small (I'd be surprised if 3 of them equaled a half ounce when finished, while the other looks like it might produce 1/2 to an ounce on its own).

In the end, autos may not be my thing, but I've seen some really impressive auto grows, so if it works for you, awesome.

TSD

TSD

You would indeed need A LOT lol. I grew 12 the year before last, and pulled 32ozs. So just over what you pulled on your BCP
My whole harvest was 5 pounds this year and honestly I might run out before November... shared too much lol. My favorite strain Super Silver Haze is all but gone and Amnesia Lemon isn't gar behind. Have mostly BCP left cause it's too heavy of an indica to smoke during the day, and some white widow cause I'm kinda just sick of it. Hopefully this auto in my closet doesn't drop balls on me and actually makes it to some sort of harvest.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

My whole harvest was 5 pounds this year and honestly I might run out before November... shared too much lol. My favorite strain Super Silver Haze is all but gone and Amnesia Lemon isn't gar behind. Have mostly BCP left cause it's too heavy of an indica to smoke during the day, and some white widow cause I'm kinda just sick of it. Hopefully this auto in my closet doesn't drop balls on me and actually makes it to some sort of harvest.
When i grew autos inside, my biggest yielder was a Zkittlez auto, pulled just over 11 ounces from it, but they dont grow the same outside imo.
If you're pulling 5+ pounds outside every year i think youd need like a minimun of 25 autos lol. With an average of 4ozs per auto, you could potentially pull 6 pounds in, all before September hits if put outside june 1st.

I also give all my autos a 2-3 week start inside before moving them out. To many little crotters that will eat small plants and seedlings.

M

MotaMan4560

Hey all , new to this growing platform -- but for my .02 , auto's provide a quick harvest for those who enjoy variety. My outdoor yield was just under 5 lb and with giving and smoking I'm just about out.. Spread the wealth = good karma.. Auto's are quick and for the most part easy... For those who want over 30% thc maybe pot is not your answer.. And my customers cannot tell autos from my photo's.. So it's just choice - we're all here to have some fun .. To the Vet, from a Vet, who's still growing - thank you for your service - welcome home.

Just let's grow and have fun -- God didn't give us a whole lot of time here -- learn not to waste it on petty squabbles. --

Here's a pic of my Godzilla a.k.a. Cement Shoes

MotaMan

IMG 2483
TSD

TSD

When i grew autos inside, my biggest yielder was a Zkittlez auto, pulled just over 11 ounces from it, but they dont grow the same outside imo.
If you're pulling 5+ pounds outside every year i think youd need like a minimun of 25 autos lol. With an average of 4ozs per auto, you could potentially pull 6 pounds in, all before September hits if put outside june 1st.

I also give all my autos a 2-3 week start inside before moving them out. To many little crotters that will eat small plants and seedlings.
2021 was 10 pounds... had to reign myself in this past harvest lol. I don't think I'd ever do all autos... I can still stick to the 6 plant rule and grow a year of weed with photos.... not that I'm one to care about rules really... but I don't want to dig 25 holes either lol.

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

... but I don't want to dig 25 holes either lol.
oh man this part brought me back a decade or 2 lol. I remember being out in the bush early May, just bushwacking our way through thick brush and swampland to find a good spot. Then break out the shovels and dig anywhere from 50 to 100 holes. It was almost as rough as dragging 20 or so 40lb bags of promix a mile into the swamp lol... after it had rained. The payoff was worth it, the poison ivy was not.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

2021 was 10 pounds... had to reign myself in this past harvest lol. I don't think I'd ever do all autos... I can still stick to the 6 plant rule and grow a year of weed with photos.... not that I'm one to care about rules really... but I don't want to dig 25 holes either lol.
Sheesh, 10 pounds, that would be great to be able to do but i think that's all a dream for me lmao. I wouldnt dig holes. 3-5 gallon pot is all you need

TSD

TSD

oh man this part brought me back a decade or 2 lol. I remember being out in the bush early May, just bushwacking our way through thick brush and swampland to find a good spot. Then break out the shovels and dig anywhere from 50 to 100 holes. It was almost as rough as dragging 20 or so 40lb bags of promix a mile into the swamp lol... after it had rained. The payoff was worth it, the poison ivy was not.
Yup definitely been there ... woods, roots, spring black flies... ugh.

TSD

TSD

Sheesh, 10 pounds, that would be great to be able to do but i think that's all a dream for me lmao. I wouldnt dig holes. 3-5 gallon pot is all you need
I do too much in the summer to do pots, camping trips, hikes, adventuring... can't be babysitting tiny pots that I have to water constantly, especially not 25 of them lol... that's why I do holes, the roots branch out and they can go a week or more on ground water. I guess I could rig a watering system, but I prefer to do watering by hand, especially in pots.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The people in northern areas that have problems finishing their Photos because of bad weather, could also look into Fast Versions, its a cross between Photo and Auto, more potency than Autos and much bigger harvest.
I tried different ones (mainly Sweet Seeds) with succes, most finished beginning of September.
This is the man for autos right here! Never disappointed! Said it once and I’ll say it again I’ll put poekie beans up against rocbud,meph, Dutch passion any of em ! Much better yields and potency in my opinion ! His work shows his love !

TSD

TSD

This is the man for autos right here! Never disappointed! Said it once and I’ll say it again I’ll put poekie beans up against rocbud,meph, Dutch passion any of em ! Much better yields and potency in my opinion ! His work shows his love !
Didn't even know he was a breeder. 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom