Why does weed lose it’s smell over time?

• Thread starter durian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

I heard a rumor that happens to some people. It's called a sticky un-loud pack...
Dude every post ive read of yours makes little to no sense to me. Maybe your using some metaphors Im unfamiliar with or references idk. Thought it was funny tho, maybe trolling a bit?
Hapoy farmin man;)

Tuku

Tuku

does that mean an old bud that’s been curing for months will be lighter than a freshly cured bud thats like a week old?

It will be lighter but not significantly. But it doesn’t matter anyway. The volatiles don’t get you high. The cannabinoids do.

Intense

Intense

The weight loss would not be counted as ‘significant’ (unless you are a commercial grower). But the quality will less. The volatiles are part of the whole smoking experience. If your nugs are air tight and vacuum packed the volatiles haven't got anywhere to go.

way2green

way2green

I vacuum seal and put in rubber maid containers to keep from getting crushed. Man u should smell that dank when it is unsealed.

Intense

Intense

…see the part on “dry ice”

I’m an organic chemist and that thread is a crock (not trying to take the mickey out of 420, though I am a Farmer patriot haha). I won’t go too much into it as this forum is already full of many educated individuals who can think for themselves, but obviously the methods slow drying, oven drying and sun drying is as good as throwing dollars down the drain. And if weed has been properly freeze dried it is NOT “still moist” afterwards.

Rosenberg

Rosenberg

Dude, that thread is dated 2007. A lot has changed since then and I think because of the medical movement most people these days are becoming more aware of the science. But yeah I totally agree, that tutorial is redundant.

straincreation

straincreation

68/75 theres no c02 in my dry room. And I dont mesure the gases in my air as far as nitro goes.
Any ways like I said no sense.
Happy farmin;)

way2green

way2green

If the weed is cured correctly it will hold just fine vacuum sealed. I know of many people that do it this way for a month or so until they r getting the qty desired and not a single person has complained about the quality that I have heard of or read. I don't know if this would work for a year or more. I just know the cure is the important part of the equation.

way2green

way2green

[quotesBumaClots, post: 1298714, member: 62980"]Das racist!.. Dat be the way I talk!
If I wasn't from jamiaka y would I be wearin dis hat?..[/quote]
U and that hat! Lol
Only in Jamaica, mon!

MoodySass

MoodySass

Dude, that thread is dated 2007. A lot has changed since then and I think because of the medical movement most people these days are becoming more aware of the science. But yeah I totally agree, that tutorial is redundant.

I’m confused. How is it “redundant”? I thought slow dry weed is common practice. :cat:

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Might be common practice, but it’s also old school and no professional medical grow op would do this. Slow drying lets your trichomes oxidize so you get breakdown products - that may or may not taste sweeter - but you’ve oxidized your THC.

YS

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
that’s crazy. i always thought when your buds dry its just water thats evaporating. ive weighed freshly harvested bugs before and after they have dried and you loose about 75-80 % of the original weight. i wonder what percentage of that is volatiles?

In comparison Mushrooms loose 90% of there weight when fully dried. If that helps :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
How do you freeze dry weed?

You could use dry ice but Your risking breaking off Crystals.. In other works making dry ice hash if your not careful.

Im not really seing freez dried weed as a viable go to unless your planning a trip to mars in the near future?

way2green

way2green

Dabs I totally agree. There is nothing convenient about dry ice. Just another thing I have to drive across town to purchase!

Latest posts

Top Bottom