Why does weed lose it’s smell over time?

• Thread starter durian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NagaKing

NagaKing

I'm skeptical about the sweeter taste.
I think the taste is the best right after harvest while the volatile levels are at their highest.

way2green

way2green

NK, that makes sense technically but my few experiences with quickly dehydrated weed always smells stronger but the taste has always been harsher. Now it is possible the curing process was done incorrectly but I always thought it was just no

Supercharge

Supercharge

Yeah that link is old. Slow drying it a process which simply promotes oxidation. Sun drying will cause photo oxidation as well as air oxidation. I notice they say “there is no notable loss if this is done quickly”. Bullocks. Where’s the data on that one…?

psilobuds

psilobuds

i snap dry my harvest with dehueys in the pantry and seal any cracks. doesn’t take long. keeps potency and buds r in the bag ready 4 the shop after 4 days.

psilobuds

psilobuds

dehumidifiers. 3 of em. if i knew how to freeze dry and thought it would increase the quality of my gear i’d do this, but my system works perfect.

Mad Mike

Mad Mike

I do the same. I have just 1 dh but its a grunter of a unit. Have fans blowing a cyclone in the room. this helps dry everything much quicker. Yep about 3 - 4 days and they’re crispy dry.

way2green

way2green

Dehu system seems to be popular around my parts. I have to use them because of my humidity levels but no overnight drying for me.

way2green

way2green

3-4 days is what I am saying. No 12-24 hour BS! I think a lot of peeps r doing overnight. Those dehu's put out a lot of heat when u crank em up. It makes the weed crumble. No way.

SexOG

SexOG

I’ve done this method before. I actually prefer slow cure because it take no effort and I don't really care so long as it weighs the same at the end of the day (just speaking frankly). Just be aware, just because your nugs are crispy dry on the outside doesn’t meant they are crispy dry on the inside.. The last part of the bud to dry is the stem. If that snaps when you try to bend it, then they are done.

Mad Mike

Mad Mike

Ok, maybe used the wrong word. I should say 95% devoid of moisture. If you dry them 100% - so totally dessicated - then they will crumble to the touch. dh units will do this if you leave them dry too long. If this happens though its not a big issue. Just open the dry room and allow the relative humidity to rehydrate the buds until they’re at that 95% level. Depending on the climate you live in, this could might take anywhere from a couple of hrs to a day or two.

way2green

way2green

Yeh man. If u r not careful in my area the weed will mold before it dries. Gotta crank that air CONDITIONER. A good ac will pull a lot of that moisture

Ezrael

Ezrael

Crispy buds are not good. You need just enough moisture in them so they can be handled.

way2green

way2green

In that thought wouldn't a bag contribute to crumbling? Wouldn't air tight glass or plastic storage be superior?

Top Bottom