Why The Hate For Cheap Leds?

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

sixstring is running them.thats who told me price.i kno he does well with them.he said he had my back wen i pull that trigger.stay tuned cuz he wantd me to make a thread that way he can answer everybodies questions at once u kno.ha.i shud say too thats with the better components so i wud assume u can go cheaper,but then u get wat u pay for...
Sixstring is a valued farmer with excellent knowledge on this subject, as well as a few others...

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I think there is no argument that lights other than the one I got are what you want for commercial growing. I'm not commercial, so this will be an interesting experiment. The lamps I got have, if I may be pardoned the pun, glowing reviews, which are in sharp contrast to the opinions rendered here, which is interesting.

All the more powerful options come with tradeoffs. Heat, power, cost. I don't need huge yield; I will be happy with .5g per watt (250 watts at the wall). I do want quality, and am thoughtful about whether that will be achieved. Time will tell, the experiment is underway.

Screen
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think there is no argument that lights other than the one I got are what you want for commercial growing. I'm not commercial, so this will be an interesting experiment. The lamps I got have, if I may be pardoned the pun, glowing reviews, which are in sharp contrast to the opinions rendered here, which is interesting.

All the more powerful options come with tradeoffs. Heat, power, cost. I don't need huge yield; I will be happy with .5g per watt (250 watts at the wall). I do want quality, and am thoughtful about whether that will be achieved. Time will tell, the experiment is underway.
good looking set up brother!

fatawa

fatawa

think there is no argument that lights other than the one I got are what you want for commercial growing. I'm not commercial,
nothing wrong with wat u got for what yur trying to accomplish.i can tell u got skillz,amd like eventhorizan said,nice clean setup brother.cant wait to c yur results

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

What lights are those?

fatawa

fatawa

U shud tuck green crack the full 2wks.ive ran that plenty.but i use veg nutes threw stretch to capitalize on stretch.my pheno of chem dog is a short stout thing.yur wk guestimate is probably more accurate.imo.least thats how my pheno's act.

Monster762

Monster762

Green crack grows good in my opinion. I ran gc sour d and blueberry. The gc definately dominating. Never smoked it but it is supposedly a good one.
I'm in soil though. With cheap ass lights too. Like you said time will tell all.

fatawa

fatawa

Lmfao just messing with u.it does produce well tho.its perfect for scrog imo.i usualy dnt like to top/fim but i cut the shit outta chem just cuz of the structure my pheno showed.that 2.5ft christmas tree style..imo its built for s.o.g. but mine seemd to show its indica dominance

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Why the hate for cheap leds?? I don't hate them ... as long as they are in someone else's tent };-)

Here's my thoughts, so take this with a grain of salt:

if you're looking to grow a couple of plants and not looking to get 27 pounds per plant, then you'll probably do fine with a less expensive light.

I went through a full cycle with a "600 Watt" LED panel which had a claimed bloom coverage of 24" x 60" and had a wall power usage of 350W. well I grew 4 plants and ended up with 8 ounces of dried bud. I told myself "Not bad for a first grow" and was pretty satisfied, and the bud is really good. What I wasn't satisfied with was it seemed the buds that were directly under the light were awesome, but, anything on the outside was just popcorn buds that never really developed very large.

I decided to up my investment and build an 18 COB array for a 4x8 tent. I'm glad I did, I'm now growing 6 plants and every plant has lots of tall kolas and I'm sure I'll be doing a lot better on my harvest which ultimately will get me more than my ROI this cycle.

anyway, enough rambling, lol

Monster762

Monster762

u shud jump ship to dwc if u think it grew good n soil...it is a great strain...commercial strain @OldManRiver
I plan to try the bucket system soon. I want this one to finish first. I just had to move 2 plants to a new room today cause the others took over my 4x4. They were litterally pushing up against all 4 walls and shading each other badly. I think my new room is short on light though. I know lumens means nothing but my meter reads half the lumens as my 4x4.

Top Bottom