Will Indoor Bud be around in 5 years??

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Indoors will always be around for those who can afford it. But you can make a lot more extract and vapes from outdoor grown. Once weed sales go international, poor folks will pay $20oz for extract before they pay $50 for indoor bud.

Ponky

Ponky

Indoors will always be around for those who can afford it. But you can make a lot more extract and vapes from outdoor grown. Once weed sales go international, poor folks will pay $20oz for extract before they pay $50 for indoor bud.
Yeah we don't even have outdoor and extract is super cheap. Trimming is a luxury service now. I wish where I was was just closer to the equator. Make a few jars of extract from some nice outdoor kush. But where I am the buds look like stacked layers of leaves. The smell is great. But it's got the that taste and smell that isn't quite there. But I think I need to make at least 100 pounds of extract for when I want to quit growing. So I'm set for life.

growsince79

growsince79

So sorry to hear that. Unless you're lucky and live near the equator it's impossible. Where I live I've never even met a person that's smoked good outdoor. But apparently Hawaii and Afghanistan and Pakistan have some decent smoke. But it's better indoors. If one day I get to smoke outdoor that isn't gross. I'll make a thread.

My theory: only a handful or outdoor shows on the planet have conditions favorable to weed. And if you don't live near one you get nothing but nasty outdoor. So far. 100% of all outdoor isn't good enough here.
I grew up in Oregon and lived in Hawaii and Panama for a while, so I'm no stranger to good outdoor bud. I live in Ok now, so growing outdoors can be difficult.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Indoor grow will always be around and the weed is always better indoor. Indoor always gives you more control over the grow and removes so many pitfalls that one has no control over outdoors. It would be nice to have a outdoor grow. But here in Oklahoma I would have lost a outdoor or even a greenhouse grow at least twice now do to weather alone. And if they survived the weather pest and critters would have finished them off. Then you have to mess with the creepers that should be made to leak. No more outdoor grows for me at any level.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Indoor grow will always be around and the weed is always better indoor. Indoor always gives you more control over the grow and removes so many pitfalls that one has no control over outdoors. It would be nice to have a outdoor grow. But here in Oklahoma I would have lost a outdoor or even a greenhouse grow at least twice now do to weather alone. And if they survived the weather pest and critters would have finished them off. Then you have to mess with the creepers that should be made to leak. No more outdoor grows for me at any level.
Outdoor weed is way better than indoor weed if it's grown in proper environment, and nutrition. Some seasons give better weed depending on those factors. Just because people live in climates unfavourable to grow and get better results indoors due to the environment is a seperate issue.

Ponky

Ponky

I grew up in Oregon and lived in Hawaii and Panama for a while, so I'm no stranger to good outdoor bud. I live in Ok now, so growing outdoors can be difficult.
I've never gotten to smoke good outdoor. But heard Hawaii has soil that'd the perfect ph. And perfect weather. I'd believe it. I'm in the north. No grow climate advantage at all.

Observationist

Observationist

I can’t bring myself to pay for indoor dispensary bud. It is so expensive and usually taste like crap anyway as I don’t think they cure very well.
Only once in awhile do I get a bud that actually taste good from dispo, have the look and smell and potency but a harsh hit.

growsince79

growsince79

This plant was a volunteer. She survived 118f Oklahoma heat and made excellent smoke.

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

So sorry to hear that. Unless you're lucky and live near the equator it's impossible. Where I live I've never even met a person that's smoked good outdoor. But apparently Hawaii and Afghanistan and Pakistan have some decent smoke. But it's better indoors. If one day I get to smoke outdoor that isn't gross. I'll make a thread.

My theory: only a handful or outdoor shows on the planet have conditions favorable to weed. And if you don't live near one you get nothing but nasty outdoor. So far. 100% of all outdoor isn't good enough here.
Yeah I guess your right my outdoor is shitty poo... LMAO

IMG 2634

IMG 2689

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I bet that thai was good.
I can grow really good weed outdoors however it is important that the climate is proper in order to get the highest results. I'm in a Mediterranean California climate zone 10A so its ultra mild and just right. The hardest part about outdoor and the reason why most people have bad experience is the elements. Heat and wind and rain and pests and mold can really fuck up your grow and kill the finished product. But if you are an experienced grower and you baby them just right and spray for pests and stay on top of your maintenance then your product will be good. Unfortunately most outdoor growers are guerrilla style and they are lazy ass hippy stoners who go throw beans up in the hills and only check on them once every 3 weeks. This is why the outdoor sucks in your neighborhood its cuz the growers suck and they are lazy stoners I will take the Pepsi challenge with them any day.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I can grow really good weed outdoors however it is important that the climate is proper in order to get the highest results. I'm in a Mediterranean California climate zone 10A so its ultra mild and just right. The hardest part about outdoor and the reason why most people have bad experience is the elements. Heat and wind and rain and pests and mold can really fuck up your grow and kill the finished product. But if you are an experienced grower and you baby them just right and spray for pests and stay on top of your maintenance then your product will be good. Unfortunately most outdoor growers are guerrilla style and they are lazy ass hippy stoners who go throw beans up in the hills and only check on them once every 3 weeks. This is why the outdoor sucks in your neighborhood its cuz the growers suck and they are lazy stoners I will take the Pepsi challenge with them any day.
I'm in Canada,this is a Panama x God bx to Panama. It's pretty good and our weather sucks but I can tend them in my yard ,no dispensary weed is in the same league in my area or I haven't smoked any if there is. If we get a shitty summer and rainy fall the results will be shitty as well but that's the gamble.

20200924 183342
20201221 151701
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I'm in Canada,this is a Panama x God bx to Panama. It's pretty good and our weather sucks but I can tend them in my yard ,no dispensary weed is in the same league in my area or I haven't smoked any if there is. If we get a shitty summer and rainy fall the results will be shitty as well but that's the gamble.
Yeah man I give mad props and admire anyone who is taking on the outdoor challenge in a harsh and difficult climate zone. Canada is cold as balls Im sure you have a completely different set of cold temperature challenges that you face in both early spring and late fall. I would assume that a fast and stout indica would be best I would want something that is high in frost tolerance and also very quick in flower. Maybe like a Northern Lights cuz it has a little Ruderalis mixed in for speed yet the indica traits in NL are still skunky AF and create superb smoke. Thats my $0.02 for what its worth

Blastfact

Blastfact

Outdoor weed is way better than indoor weed if it's grown in proper environment, and nutrition. Some seasons give better weed depending on those factors. Just because people live in climates unfavourable to grow and get better results indoors due to the environment is a seperate issue.
I've been doing this a long time. Nope,,, disagree,,, whole heartily disagree. But to each there own..... I grew for years outdoors and nursery style in Arkansas, SoCal low and high land, Colorado low and high land and Oklahoma in that order. Grows were landrace and bred up candy ass fufu weed strains. All early hybrid strains were either euro or n. cali. Outdoor will give far more quantity per plant hands down. But indoor quality has always trumped outdoor and nursery grows by a large margin when grown indoor using the same seed/strain. Please don't get me wrong I like a outdoor grow and the mother earth stuff and feeling good about them and hanging your thumbs in your bib overalls. After all I am a arkie/okie boy and do redneck/hillbilly naturally. But even my friends in the gulf states USA have all but stopped there outdoor and nursery grows because the over all quality is better indoors and they don't need the quantity's needed for distro as they move into retirement.

steamroller

steamroller

Interesting topic .
I disagree with a blanket statement that indoor is better then outdoor .

If attention to soil, nutrients and general husbandry are even and if nature lets you outdoor will leave indoor in its dust .
Short seasons ,cold weather or rain in surplus can be issues that may not be manageable for some .
So maybe outdoor can never be as good as indoor for some, but not all.

7munkee

7munkee

When I grew down at 35N latitude, my outdoor was better than the same cuts that were indoors. I'm told where I live now, outdoor isn't as good as indoor (42N).

I wonder if I would have noticed a difference between indoor and outdoor with today's LEDs for indoor.
I'm at 41N and people say my outdoor is the best they've ever had. I built my raised beds with fresh mushroom compost and horse crap and have spent the last 10 years building up a 'no till' garden that is SUPER rich and airy. My plan was to grow p. Cubensis but the law failed to pass in 2012. I grow one plant each year outside and get 2-3 lbs of beautiful flower.

Now I am struggling with my indoor game.

Top Bottom