Will Indoor Bud be around in 5 years??

• Thread starter Johnlandy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

This is where some of us have different experiences .
The price has crashed along with quality . Agreed .
But some of us paid more for a long time and don't want $50-100 oz crap. We all clearly remember $800-1000 QPs.
When you have what people want some will pay more .
Maybe the younger generation is tight with their wallet, but the older stoners,and some of the young who hang with the old dudes will pay for what they want if it is true 🔥 .
At least in my area ?
No like literal fire is 500 a pound. And you can smoke the 250 a pound no problem. The same weed used to cost 2800 just a few years ago. Typically now you just give weed to friends when they come over. Or they drop off a bunch to have it tried out. It's bizarre how fast it happened.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

No like literal fire is 500 a pound. And you can smoke the 250 a pound no problem. The same weed used to cost 2800 just a few years ago. Typically now you just give weed to friends when they come over. Or they drop off a bunch to have it tried out. It's bizarre how fast it happened.
It happened here in about 3 years,$2500 used to be a deal,3k some where getting. The market is flooded now,it's losts its attraction due to legalization as well,a bag of groceries costs more than a bag of weed now

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

This is where some of us have different experiences .
The price has crashed along with quality . Agreed .
But some of us paid more for a long time and don't want $50-100 oz crap. We all clearly remember $800-1000 QPs.
When you have what people want some will pay more .
Maybe the younger generation is tight with their wallet, but the older stoners,and some of the young who hang with the old dudes will pay for what they want if it is true 🔥 .
At least in my area ?
Or they do what I do and grow their own ...
I think until people have weed out of the main market. Have to treat it like a niche product like expensive wine, someone will want what's rare,special and the neighbour doesn't have.
That market exists, but at least at my area dispensaries, too many are trying to pass off a name as "top shelf" where the quality lags what I consider top shelf. It can be disappointing for those of us who know the difference. Back before recreational was legal here, the dispensaries were more of a collective where caregivers sold their overages. By and large, the caregiver grown smoke was leaps and bounds better than commercial rec weed.

On the plus side, it seems prices have fallen in my area even though I haven't bought any bud from a dispensary in a good long time.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Or they do what I do and grow their own ...

That market exists, but at least at my area dispensaries, too many are trying to pass off a name as "top shelf" where the quality lags what I consider top shelf. It can be disappointing for those of us who know the difference. Back before recreational was legal here, the dispensaries were more of a collective where caregivers sold their overages. By and large, the caregiver grown smoke was leaps and bounds better than commercial rec weed.

On the plus side, it seems prices have fallen in my area even though I haven't bought any bud from a dispensary in a good long time.
We don't have any dispensaries like the US has,we have outlets that are supplied by tilray,Aphia and big companies and the government created a monopoly for them. The natives don't care what the government says and they sell it no questions asked and I would support them before our corrupt government.After pseudo legalization the government also doubled fines and prison terms if you sell it yourself. When it was illegal the maximum penalty was 7 years now it's 14.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Everyone one around here is at 7-800 I’m at 17 🤣

Ponky

Ponky

What I would like is to be able to go to a place and by pre potted little plants. Sexed and ready to go. Choose from an assortment of genetics. Make it a bit more fun than just buying seeds. Easier.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

1700 would be so nice. Shit. 700 would be nice. But literally I just get Mason jars of extract now. It's going to kill the finding new flowers game. If you can keep it going you have to. Or we will end up smoking a synthetic THC paste in 20 years.
Or genetically engineered e-coli or yeast to produce THC. (It would be real THC and not synthetic) The technology is widely used in the medical industry so I'd expect this to be common place at some point in probably much less than 20 yrs. Only thing stopping it is it's still illegal in the eyes of the feds.

Ponky

Ponky

Or genetically engineered e-coli or yeast to produce THC. (It would be real THC and not synthetic) The technology is widely used in the medical industry so I'd expect this to be common place at some point in probably much less than 20 yrs. Only thing stopping it is it's still illegal in the eyes of the feds.
Yeah I saw the yeast thing. And then some cucumber experiments and that kind of stuff. But I thought it was an investment scam. Haven't heard much since.

chato

chato

It's so inexpensive per pound it isn't worth growing for most people. If someone can buy a pound of premium indoor weed for a couple hundred bucks they're not going to buy outdoor.
Low prices may not be a good thing from a broker's perspective, but for an end user, it's great! and makes sense. Prices need to adjust down to reality. I'll certainly stop growing it when it becomes cheaper to buy top shelf than to grow it.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Low prices may not be a good thing from a broker's perspective, but for an end user, it's great! and makes sense. Prices need to adjust down to reality. I'll certainly stop growing it when it becomes cheaper to buy top shelf than to grow it.
I don't think I'll ever stop,I know I'm not smoking any insecticides or additives,but I get your point of cost effectiveness.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
This ignores the entourage effect that smoking flower produces. Cannabis has not been shown to break into its constituent parts too well. THC pills no bueno. Concentrates are different.

TSD

TSD

What I would like is to be able to go to a place and by pre potted little plants. Sexed and ready to go. Choose from an assortment of genetics. Make it a bit more fun than just buying seeds. Easier.
We have a native American reserve near by that is like the wild west, they don't give a flying fuck what our government says, there were 15 dispos up and running within 2 weeks of rec being legalized in the state, before the laws were even written. You can buy about 29 different strains of clones there and they sell everything for 10 bucks a gram across the board regardless of quantity. I haven't been to a dispo off the rez yet... I don't even know if there are any yet besides curaleaf for medicinal.

Ponky

Ponky

Low prices make smoking flowers less prominent. Low prices are a terrible thing for weed.

TSD

TSD

Low prices make smoking flowers less prominent. Low prices are a terrible thing for weed.
I honestly don't know how the giant grow ops even turn a profit with prices as low as they are now, it's crazy. Oh yeah, by cutting corners and cranking out sub par shit as fast as possible. Old timers in these parts have no problem paying 800-1000 for a half of well grown, well cured, manicured outdoor... don't know how long it will stay that way. 🤷‍♀️ Thank goodness for old hippies.

Ponky

Ponky

I honestly don't know how the giant grow ops even turn a profit with prices as low as they are now, it's crazy. Oh yeah, by cutting corners and cranking out sub par shit as fast as possible. Old timers in these parts have no problem paying 800-1000 for a half of well grown, well cured, manicured outdoor... don't know how long it will stay that way. 🤷‍♀️ Thank goodness for old hippies.
Lots of guys do it at a loss just to stay in it. And finish out the leases they already made. It's a disaster from most.

• Sad
Reactions: TSD
7munkee

7munkee

We have a native American reserve near by that is like the wild west, they don't give a flying fuck what our government says, there were 15 dispos up and running within 2 weeks of rec being legalized in the state, before the laws were even written. You can buy about 29 different strains of clones there and they sell everything for 10 bucks a gram across the board regardless of quantity. I haven't been to a dispo off the rez yet... I don't even know if there are any yet besides curaleaf for medicinal.
Same here. There are several within 45 minutes of me on reservations. I haven't been to any yet but my son's buddy goes all the time and gets $80 ounces. I've smoked some resin that came from there and my home made stuff is slightly better. I bought a cheap $300 press form Amazon.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I say we keep the science 🥼 bullshit out of the plant and keep farming like farmers do. Been saying this for years. This is a plant not some made up synthetic 💊.
It’s like the tissue culture guys out here trying to reinventing the wheel. I now see sterile seed starters being grown and shipped. Why In the world do we need to start seeds in a test tube?

Blastfact

Blastfact

I say we keep the science 🥼 bullshit out of the plant and keep farming like farmers do. Been saying this for years. This is a plant not some made up synthetic 💊.
It’s like the tissue culture guys out here trying to reinventing the wheel. I now see sterile seed starters being grown and shipped. Why In the world do we need to start seeds in a test tube?
Well if you mean our food crop and grain farmers, everything they plant, grow, harvest and we eat is geneticaly modified at the dna level.

Top Bottom