Will this be sufficient to cool the lights down?

• Thread starter lunchbox421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lunchbox421

Hello all. Let me start by saying thank you to all for the wonderful knowledge dispensed here at the farm :sun Been on all the sites, but this one I find to be very informative and mellow, which I prefer. I recently joined, but have been lurking for quite some time.

I'm setting something up and want to know from others' experiences if it will work, if not what would be a better alternative.

I have a 14wx20lx10h sealed room to work with. There will be 4 4x8 tables. I'll either run 2 per wall, or together on frames with wheels we're I could separate them to get between the ladies (16ft of tables on each wall long ways, or together down the middle). I'll be running a c02 gen and am working out the details on the ac (window/split system). I would like to run 8 8" xxxls, 4 inline over each length of tables.

-->l==+=+=+=+==lO-->
-->l==+=+=+=+==lO-->

Or depending on setup, one strip per wall length wise.

Would running 10" ducting and a 10" max fan (1023cfms) (Possibly, and if necessary, a 10" inline duct fan(900cfms) in front and in between the 2nd and 3rd lights) sufficiently cool the lights down to be able to drop the lights and avoid bleaching? Also I want to keep it simple.

This room is inside another bigger room and it typically gets as warm a typical so cal (not by the beach :sad0047:) room/house/place would, anywhere from 60's to 90's although the lights would be running at night.

Thanks for any input, it is truly appreciated. :)

L

l0g1c4l

You should check out the vertical grow room setups in any of the popular threads. I have not grown a big room in sometime, but I would think you're probably better off going with an 8-10" fan for each light.

L

lunchbox421

Thank's l0g1c4l. I was actually trying to avoid that scenario. I'll give some of the vert grows a look but I think it's very different, the vert's I've seen are pulling air through a 6"-8" straight tube which is more efficient. Regardless I'll still give them a look. I've been searching but to no avail on some sort of formula or basis point in respects to cfms to cool a light (e.g.400cfms to cool 1k) like btus per 1k type of thing. Obviously ambient temp of air needs to be accounted for from where it is going to be vented in from. I've seen several grooms with multiple light set ups in the configuration I'd like, like jackmayoffer's (I wish the 60k one) but the room setup on his coco/hydro where he has them in line. Has anyone every fooled around with the hood wraps the contain the heat radiated from the hood? Have you found them that with inefficient air being pulled through more heat is radiated from the glass? Thanks again.

Top Bottom