WILMA!!!

• Thread starter Herb Forester
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I commented on his tread because I see it all the time with tree's. Looking at your recipe I think you are running N a little high for "me".If you had to maintain a tree full of leaves I would say it was ok. I like to run my K a little higher then yours I like a 1:2.5 min for flower of N:K. I just went back to see what size of containers you have. Your watering 8x a day blew my theory I was going to give you. Quantrill was giving you good advice there.
I have seen that from plants being in small containers and low humidity. The plant wants to suck up water to cool themselves down, they can most of the time regulate pulling up macros with the water. but I "Believe" they have problems cutting out the micros overloading them a little causing an internal pH to go up. I see the internal pH just not sure what causes it. I kinda cured that in my sys by giving my girls just 250- 400 ppm every 5 watering or so.
You never mentioned what your run off is? I ask this because at day 72 your plants looks like you want to grow bonzai's. My girls are almost that big before they leave the cloner. Hope you enjoy your harvest. Suerte JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Light burn would be my first guess.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I commented on his tread because I see it all the time with tree's. Looking at your recipe I think you are running N a little high for "me".If you had to maintain a tree full of leaves I would say it was ok. I like to run my K a little higher then yours I like a 1:2.5 min for flower of N:K. I just went back to see what size of containers you have. Your watering 8x a day blew my theory I was going to give you. Quantrill was giving you good advice there.
I have seen that from plants being in small containers and low humidity. The plant wants to suck up water to cool themselves down, they can most of the time regulate pulling up macros with the water. but I "Believe" they have problems cutting out the micros overloading them a little causing an internal pH to go up. I see the internal pH just not sure what causes it. I kinda cured that in my sys by giving my girls just 250- 400 ppm every 5 watering or so.
You never mentioned what your run off is? I ask this because at day 72 your plants looks like you want to grow bonzai's. My girls are almost that big before they leave the cloner. Hope you enjoy your harvest. Suerte JK
Yes, I'm cutting total N down to ~100 now, and increasing the NH4/NO3 ratio (looks like about a week late). Runoff EC started going up and pH was dropping, which is what clued me in before noticing the leaves. Sap pH and brix are 7.0/13-14 for an upper leaf (updated pics below), and 6.4/8-9 for one of the oldest lowers (unaffected and healthy).

I think this confirms the excess NO3, but not sure exactly what it says about K (maybe taking from lower leaves to support the tops?) So you think a buildup of micros also contributes to the higher sap pH reading? Should I adjust there too, or just let it correct with reduced NO3 (lower water uptake than NH4)? I have your flowering macro recipes in my notes, but what micro numbers do you run?

Containers are on the small side for the amount of canopy, but I'm watering hourly during lights on and every 2 hours during lights out (they are 5 gallon Redi Root pots). The day 72 pics were the original seedling mothers. These clones were vegged about 4 weeks before 12/12, now 31 days since then. JK your cloner wouldn't fit through my door if it holds plants that size, but thank you for the jab :rolleyes:.

Cabk1
Cabk2

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Where did you get your brix meter, and how are you squeezing your leaves to get the sap? Spoons?

J

Jalisco Kid

That cardy meter I use a lot on my pH. More the my reflectometer.
I use a garlic press on mine. I had bought one of the duck billed vice grips they sell for it but after I missed placed it I grabbed the garlic press.

J

Jalisco Kid

I think so too, although not sure it would be happening if not so overfed and on the verge of clawing. I'll raise the lights a little just to be safe.
If your lights are lower then the top of the plant the leaves will claw to bend towards the light. JK

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Where did you get your brix meter, and how are you squeezing your leaves to get the sap? Spoons?
Got it off eBay for ~$20, will find you the link. Make sure you get the right scale, there are several versions. For squeezing I use a welder's clamp like WWS, but spoons might work better. Seems like it would be hard to get enough liquid with the garlic press? Not that it's very easy my way.

Spoons welded to the clamp pivots would be awesome. For ease I usually squeeze into the meter cup, then drip from there onto the refractometer glass. Higher the brix, the harder it is to get enough sap.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

If your lights are lower then the top of the plant the leaves will claw to bend towards the light. JK
It's not that, they're just slightly clawing from too much N. I should have switched formulas sooner but miss guessed the end of stretch by a few days. Think I'll also cut Fe down to be safe, and maybe free up some P.

What are you guys thoughts on Mn, Mo, and B levels?

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know what ppms they run but you can run grow
mores citric based micros and they worked for me at gr/gal. Same for haifa's micros they work better only because they are cheaper.GM is probably close by you. JK

I believe it is a garlic press,she is up in LA or I would ask. It has an outside grate finish,like a cheese grater . The container is square with a square plunger. I can fold up 2 leaves and put in there. I believe it was bought at bed bath and beyond. Got the best measuring cups their for my nutes. JK
Bought my cloner there also it is about 30" wide x 5' used as a storage container for under the bed. Holds 6 girls for aero tanks of mine.

J

Jalisco Kid

I keep the bottom of my bulbs about the same level as the top 2" of the plant. That will not help if the plant eat to much though. But cures most claws if the light is lower then the top 18" . JK

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I do not know what ppms they run but you can run grow
mores citric based micros and they worked for me at gr/gal. Same for haifa's micros they work better only because they are cheaper.GM is probably close by you. JK

I believe it is a garlic press,she is up in LA or I would ask. It has an outside grate finish,like a cheese grater . The container is square with a square plunger. I can fold up 2 leaves and put in there. I believe it was bought at bed bath and beyond. Got the best measuring cups their for my nutes. JK
Bought my cloner there also it is about 30" wide x 5' used as a storage container for under the bed. Holds 6 girls for aero tanks of mine.
I see the Gromore micros are all citrates, doesn't that get nasty in a recirculating aero system? Haifa has two micro formulas, one is all EDTA chelates and the other soil-less version has DPTA Fe. I'm using STEM from customhydronutrients, and adding Fe DPTA when needed. I've actually been wanting a mini veg tank about twice that size, might have to take a look.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Sorry I couldn't get shots for the rest of that batch, but hopefully picking up here with the next ones will redeem me a little. Two primary phenos showed up, Colombian and OG (go figure). I'll try to post some finished buds soon, and I'm still waiting for reports from the tasting crew.

There were several Colombians with essentially the same flavor and effects, but one had longer internodes and extra vigor to match. They're very fruity/sweet, with an ethereal and giggly high, and the cereal flavor is there. I'm not sure about the milk part though, because I don't smoke, and haven't sampled FPOG by itself to compare.

The OG pheno also smells fruity, yet with a very slight earthy undertone. The bud structure is dense and heavy in comparison. Effects are definitely more indica/OG, with seemingly no ceiling, or basement rather. Not totally debilitating in smaller amounts, but a little too much could bring on a pleasant coma.

Photos below are endof week 7

I1

I2

I3

I4

I5

I6

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Damn bro that 5th pic down is stacked!!! Looks like she had a couple more weeks to go too.

It's cool to see these finally done for you. Kind of makes me want to pop some more as I lost my keeper.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Dem girls look DANK!! love me some Colombian
Anxiously waiting on the bud shots. Congrats on the kill -Keepz

Top Bottom