Window Grow Part II

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I opened a new thread seeing as I lost some posts and pics on the last "OD's Window Indo" thread.
I started some Motarebel Ronnie James Dio and P.O.W., as well as some New Blue Diesel from Sannie's and some Parvati Valley seeds from India. I've yet to taste finished product from the Parvati Valley seeds but I've grown out a few and even cloned some.It's easy to grow/clone and a decent yield comes off of them. They're mostly sativa if not all sativa, either that or they are a long flowering indica (not). I grew out a cannabisseeds.com "Maple Leaf" but honestly I'm certain it's not Maple Leaf and after growing the one out it turned out to be a male. I think they sell hemp seeds so if you don't know about them don't buy they're "cheap" crappy seeds. That being said, the POW is hard to clone and the Blue Diesel and RDJ were almost too easy. I picked up some A1 nutrients and went back to buckets. I was using fabric bags but my apartment is like the Atacoma, it's like REAL dry all the time. I bought a little humidifier to help with my humidity issues but seeing as the humidity has been hanging around 50% in my window I'll wait until spring really kicks in before I need to use it. I basically just cleaned up my area and started again. I'm still using my 400w HPS Lumatek but I have it turned down to 250w and I'm currently trying to sex my two Indian plants. They've been in 12/12 mode for like three weeks and still not sign of sex. They take like 12 weeks to finish if not longer so as soon as I get a lady I'm gonna clone her and let the plant finish with my RDJ BD and POW.
Here's some pics:
The New Blue Diesel- I sexed her as you can see and she's been transplanted and cloned
Blue Diesel

This is my Cabin Fever East Coast Sour Goo male.. he was lovely and short so I took his nut so I can pop one of my girls with his dust when I get the chance (I'm thinking a cross with the New Blue Diesel)
ECDieselAfgoo

Here's a group shot of the plants I'm re-vegging Ronnie James POW and Blue Diesel
GroupReVeg

This is PurpleBerryBX from CannaVenture, she hermied on me so she's gone. I couldn't wait for the seeds to pop for S1s so I killed her/him but she/he smelled great
HermClose

These are the Sativas, 2 are the Parvati and the other is "Maple Leaf" before transplanting
IndiaandML

Here's my Veg setup at the moment in my kitchen (this is real Micro shit)

Microveg

POW
POW

Ronnie James Dio
RonnieJames

:D :D:D

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Good grow OD I was able to get a few seeds from when I pollenated my girls. What caused the hermi? I like running a veg room at the same time as a bud on too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey OD, on that second to last picture, the POW, I believe I see PM setting in pretty good. If you haven't treated for that you should do something quick;)
kudos on the micro though, I love that stealth stuff

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey BrianDirt! How's things? The East Coast Goo had a major thrips issue, they were all over my plants. I think the ECG was stressed because of that and turned on me. Apparently thrips love that strain. I saw another thread were the same thing was happening with a certain pheno of ECG.

Baba G! I'm not worthy!! Thanks for scoping my little grow. I've actually got some better pics and much has happened since the pics I've posted. That white residue is CalCarb and epsom salt that I've been spraying on my ladies. It says to spray under the leaves but easier said than done. It sprays everywhere and dries on the leaves as a white powder.

Thanks for the chime in BD and Baba!! You guys are the best!!
I'm gonna try to post some newer pics soon but I've been crazy busy and haven't had a chance, til then though, Peace!!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Things are looking pretty good:
Here are my larger female plants
Blue Diesel
BlueD

POW
POW

Ronnie James Dio
RJD

The India twins and "maple" turned out to both be boys
Indiaa

Indiab
Maple

I should probably wash the white residue off before I shoot pics

I sprouted some Super Silver Afghan from Pisces and just put a couple of Vic's HIgh and Candy Queen in shot glasses to sprout
Pisces
CQVH
SSA

I got a humidifier for my flower space which keeps it cooler and the humidity stays around 50% most of the time. In the past humidity would be around 30% and temps would be around 85. It's kind of cool outside so we'll see this summer when temps are 90+ outside and humidity is around 10 percent how well the humidifier works for me.
Humi

Temps

The micro veg space with my three little mamis
VegSpace

When I make clones and I use my under sink cabinet to keep my seedlings and clones warm and lit 23 hours a day
Clone Spot

Easy Peezy for now...
;):D:rolleyes:

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

What is the white residue on your plants?

You should get your humidity back down to where it was. 50 % humidity is too high. 40% or just under is ideal. At 50% you will be more likely to have mold problems.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey Smoking Gun, I actually addressed that in my post but it wasn't obvious I guess. The white residue is CalCarb and epsom salt, I use them as a foliar spray. I mentioned how I should spray it off before I take pics because when they are dry they have the white residue from the foliar spray and it looks like powder mildew or mold. No worries though I don't have a mold issue. Quite the opposite actually, my apartment is really hot and dry. My grow is literally in a window and the temp and humidity outside play a big role in the window even though the window is always closed. I draw air through a vent from outside to cool my 400w HPS light in winter or when it's cool. It's super dry and warm here in SoCal so a humidifier will help this summer, optimum humidity has to be above 40%. I have it on now but mostly for testing out and snapping a shot but its not hurting anything. I have the male plants in my flower area (which is my window) and they'll be getting the axe soon, I'm not too concerned with them but they are doing great. I'm trying to dial in my window before I put my lady plants in there. For now they're in a makeshift veg "chamber" I made with duct tape reflectix (insulated reflective material) and sticks that is in my kitchenette area next to my refrigerator. Thanks for the check-in SG.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I would say you should wash the CalCarb off so it doesn't cause dead spots on the leaves underneath the CalCarb. Sorry I did miss that in the prior post. Why do keep the humidity above 40%? I lived in SoCal for several years and always tried to keep my RH at 40% or below, and there were times I still had to battle with molds; just curious not questioning the method.

socalval

socalval

Glad to see another one in the works . Im located in the valley my summer temps are from 95 -105 so a humidifier will keep it cool without the need of a AC ?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey BrianDirt! How's things? The East Coast Goo had a major thrips issue, they were all over my plants. I think the ECG was stressed because of that and turned on me. Apparently thrips love that strain. I saw another thread were the same thing was happening with a certain pheno of ECG.

Baba G! I'm not worthy!! Thanks for scoping my little grow. I've actually got some better pics and much has happened since the pics I've posted. That white residue is CalCarb and epsom salt that I've been spraying on my ladies. It says to spray under the leaves but easier said than done. It sprays everywhere and dries on the leaves as a white powder.

Thanks for the chime in BD and Baba!! You guys are the best!!
I'm gonna try to post some newer pics soon but I've been crazy busy and haven't had a chance, til then though, Peace!!

Hey Dee,
Try making sure you only spray the bottoms of leaves before you spray the tops of them at all, ime
If you spray the top of the plant it makes it almost impossible to spray underneath as they curl down from water weight...I only spray bottoms in whole room then go over the topside of plants last...not sure if that'll help as you may be using that method, but fwiw

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Something that may help you get the undersides is a Precipitator 360 sprayer (precip360.com). They are one of my favorite garden tools.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thanks for the responses! I didn't think anyone was paying attention. Hey SocalVal, you saw my last thread? Welcome to my new one and thanks for showing that Cali Love. I got a little "cool" humidifier so it def helps keep temps moderate but come summer I'll be using an A/C for sure. I wish this little humidifier would replace an A/C. You know how summer gets though and my walls are really thin. My apt gets into the 100s when its only 90 outside so an A/C is a must.
Hey SG, molds are a bitch but they can be caused by infection and proliferate with humidity. I get why you'd wanna keep humidity low in your section. I'm not sure if you're aware of stomata and their function but the stomata close when humidity gets to low and can cause the plant to stress and produce acid. Also, they emit moisture which is an issue when the weather gets dry and keeping my plants healthy under high temps will require higher humidity.
Baba G, I'm doing my best! My sprayer or mister or whatever you wanna call it has a wide misting range. It's got a easy squeeze handle so even a little spray goes everywhere:( . I hear you all though, under leaves not on them;)

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Haha! Sort of fell off for a second. I'm still at it but short on time so in short, I've created some more clones (most of the last ones dried up) and have transplanted my larger plants from 2 gallon pots to 5 gallons buckets. I'm using good soil but I'll be supplementing with A-1 nutrients Flora Vina, Fast and Furious Roots, Humic Fulvic, Master Blaster and Earth Juice Grow and Bloom. I have a bunch of ferts and nutes but really I don't use too much. I've also been adding liquid kelp and epsom salt on occasion. I've got my clone spot with 7 clones still rooting and in my mini-veg area I have 2 super silver afghani seedlings, 2 Ronnie James Dio clones, 2 Candy Queen seedlings, 2 Vic's High seedlings and a POW clone that rooted early. In 2 weeks or so I will put the window plants into flower (again) and let them finish. They should all be done in around 9 weeks. I will be using the A/C in the coming days as temps are supposed to spike. My plants were exhibiting signs of being root-bound and heat stress from the light being too low. So I've lifted my light and switched pots as well as pruned. The plants are looking good but temps are always an issue. I haven't had any real pest issues since my apartment was fumigated.;)
Mini-Veg
MIniveg

Window Buckets (Right to Left, Blue Diesel, POW, Ronnie James Dio)
Buckets

POW and Blue D before transplant
NBDPOW

stressed Ronnie James
RJD
Ronnie James post transplant top view
Rdjtop

Super Silver Afghan twins
SSA

Window
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

After reading through my post the Window Buckets pic should read opposite it should say "left to right" not "right to left"

Dodge

Dodge

Hey OD!! How's life? Still rocking the window grow... very nice. I saw that hermie... wierd.... was that your first one? How's is that humidifier working for you. I kinda wanted to get one but then I got scared that some of the mist in the small space would land on my bulb and pop it. It is crazy thinking, but my humidity levels are acceptable w/out it... I'm glad to see that all is well and that the Window Grow lives.

Have you done any pollen slangin' on your own. I got a nice male picked out that I am gonna try to keep alive in a separated spot just long enough to give me some pollen. I have learned that you can do just a couple of buds and not trash the whole grow. That is in theory. Anywayz Happy 420!! .... plannin on grabbing any of Alien's gear? Im lookin at that and Lizard King OG from Baba. I'm doing some ChemWreck and Larry OG x Red Leb right now. Check it if you get time. Later Bro.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Yo Dodge!!! Thanks for checking in! Yea I'm going for another round. I've been dialing in the window so I've stepped it up a little this time. The humidifier is great, it actually puts out a very fine fog. It won't hurt your light as long as it's not right under the bulb. I haven't really chucked any pollen this round but I do collect pollen for potential usage later. I tried to pollinate a Black Domina bud but no seeds from that. One of my plants hermied and I did get a few seeds which is cool, feminized seeds. I did get my grubby seed whore hands on some Alien gear and picked up some other stuff too. Somebody stop me I'm out of control!! :confused: That Lizard OG looks super yummy, I was gonna go for it but I went with rOarGe cause I just couldn't resist.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Here's an update as far as what's new, I made some clones which I put on another thread( Contest for free beans..............Come one Come All). All my clones are buffing up nicely. The two previous clones, which were a RDJ and a Blue Deez, were transplanted in liter pots and are looking awesome. My window is looking insane, I'm expecting more out of the three plants I have. The last round I only got about 100 grams or so, this time I'm trying to double my harvest, if not triple it.
Micro veg last week before transplanting both larger clones and Super Silvers
BeforeTransplants

After transplants

AfterTrans
1week

Candy Queens
CQ

Vic's High
Vics

Super Silver Afghan
SSA1weekago

Window a week ago
Window1weekago

This week (left to right, New Blue Diesel, POW, Ronnie James Dio)

Window

Close

:):):)​

SSA
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Ahhh Save me!!!! I've got too many weed plants and not enough room!! Micro grow problems for sure! Just an update without pics, my three window plants are at day 22 of flower and are looking well. Summer is just about here and temps are climbing hard. I haven't had a chance to set my A/C vent in my window. It'll require some tweeking to get it to be where I want it, as far as keeping light out and getting air exchange. My A/C has to blow out hot air but I also need a vent in for when temps are fair so I don't need the A/C all the time, probably will though. My plants are looking killer and I wish I had some pictures but in short they are bushy flowered up and needed TLC. I was under ferting and the Ronnie James has gone a bit light green, well they all have. Even my little mamis and clones are looking a little light green which means my soil is good but not long lasting "supersoil". Also I think heat and cramping are playing a part but damn, I've got 5 clones in 16 oz cups as well as a seedling, and I've got two mothers and 6 other small plants that need sexing or cloning. Life is hell;)
Anyways if anyone even reads this stay tuned I'm getting life out the way to make room for a sexy photo shoot with some HOT ladies. Thanks Y'all:D

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey Cephalopoda, yea I've been LST'ing my plants pretty tight, almost a full circle around. I have little space as I live in a small <500 sq ft apartment. It's amazing what you can do with a small empty space. I actually took quite a few years break from growing because I didn't think I could pull it off, imagination and some know how really helps. The 'Farm and the peeps here are a great help, thanks for checking me out Ceph!

Top Bottom