Window Grow Part II

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nebulius

nebulius

Glad to see another one in the works . Im located in the valley my summer temps are from 95 -105 so a humidifier will keep it cool without the need of a AC ?
I have same environmental issues; high temps, low humidity. Thinking of getting a portable swamp cooler. Would raise humidity and decrease temps. Did a humidifier last summer, kept it cooler by about 10 deg. at most but usually a lot less.
I had my temps in the right range but the RH was low and my herb dried out in 2-3 days and was crispy and smokes harsh. Do you guys have issues when you dry your herb?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Looks pretty sweet October, it's inspiring what you can do with a small space.
I thought that very same thing seeing others do it. Honest truth, I started by typing "micro grow" into Yahoo. Guess where I ended up? Been lurking here ever since.

I have same environmental issues; high temps, low humidity. Thinking of getting a portable swamp cooler. Would raise humidity and decrease temps. Did a humidifier last summer, kept it cooler by about 10 deg. at most but usually a lot less.
I had my temps in the right range but the RH was low and my herb dried out in 2-3 days and was crispy and smokes harsh. Do you guys have issues when you dry your herb?
My last round I had really low humidity and caused a lot of burned water leaves that I pretty much had to pull out of the bud before I smoked it otherwise it would not taste right. That only happened to the plants I took down last. The first couple didn't end up that way. The weather was wet early around mid-December so the humidity was high but by late Feb when I pulled the last plants the weather was too dry and pretty warm for winter. I went swimming on New Years Day it was so nice. So I bought a little humidifier (fingers crossed this round) RH hangs around 60% on a humid day but usually around 40-50% on a hot dry day.

OD nice setup man, would have never thought to use the cabinet under the sink.
It took a minute to find extra space in my hamster cage. I was thinking about it for months then finally decided to get the sink prepped for cloning and seedlings, it worked. Funny thing was the sink was leaking pretty bad. Had I not cleaned it out, lit up and fixed it I would have never known. My neighbor downstairs was complaining for weeks that her ceiling was leaking. She recently told me the problem has mysteriously gone away (wonder why);).

Thanks everyone for chiming in and hope you stick around, the shit is about to go down.:)

monkeymun

monkeymun

Looks good bro. No chance you can stick some of them outside? Would help with your space issues.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Looks good bro. No chance you can stick some of them outside? Would help with your space issues.
Hey monkeymum, thanks for the peep in. Yea outside would help but outside is not good because kids, their parents, and people who like to steal are quite an issue for me. I live in an apt. building where the only outside area is a common walkway. I've hit up a couple of friends who have gladly agreed to take a couple of my babies, we'll see how that goes. I hate to kill any of my plants, they're like my babies:eek:

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thanks to everyone who takes time to check my window project. My flowering plants are looking promising as week 4 starts today. I'm gonna have to cull the Candy Queens, oddly enough they both are male. The Vic's High 1&2 are both females as are the Super Silver Afghans so I guess I don't care that the CQs turned out to be male. I've been feeding my flowers with A1 Master Blaster which I will reapply next week and the week after as I am planning on chopping around week 8 to 9. Master Blaster is some good shit for those who don't know, jump on the A1 nutrients. Easy to use and pretty much all you need. They're products aren't all organic but they work too well to pass on just for that reason. I'm not following the feed schedule strictly and I'm also using other products but for the most part A1 gives the best results. Having said all that:
My Vic's High ladies are keepers, I'm gonna clone these girls for sure, hopefully for a while
IMG 2800

Candy Queen 1&2 both are males and will be worm food soon:(
IMG 2801

The Super Silver Affies are looking a little shabby because I've kinda been not feeding them much. I'm trying to keep them from getting too large too fast. I'm gonna clone then flower these next. I hope they come out good.
IMG 2802

Two of my mommies after a trim, Ronnie James and New Blue Diesel. I have a POW mom which is actually still very small so I don't really take pics of her but she's on the rise and she'll be modeling soon enough.
IMG 2805

The Veg Spot, you can see how my pots fit together inside my reflective cover, tight with not too much room
IMG 2806

The Big Girls. Right to left, Ronnie James Dio, POW and New Blue Diesel
IMG 2807

New Blue Diesel close up
IMG 2814

POW close up
IMG 2816

Ronnie James close up
IMG 2818

Future generations, which I'm currently trying to get adopted
IMG 2821

;););)

psilobuds

psilobuds

some decent looking plants you got there mate. reckon you'd be better off growing fewer, larger plants, than many small one. just my thoughts. can be hard not to grow so many!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

some decent looking plants you got there mate. reckon you'd be better off growing fewer, larger plants, than many small one. just my thoughts. can be hard not to grow so many!
Thanks, I try.. I'm only flowering three at a time but I have so many seeds it's hard not to sprout some. I'm keeping three micro moms right now aiming to have 6 maximum. I sprouted so many so I could pick which I would like to keep and also for variety, I figured some would turn male. Only two turned out to be male. I do have one seedling I've yet to determine sex which may end up being taken out soon. I'm also working on a new location and I'm planning on doing at least double the amount of plants in flower. At that point look for me in regular indoor grows;). I show my little space so maybe some people can see my successes and mistakes, start up their own micro grows. Armed with the skills to grow in a super small spot, I'll be able to blow up a larger grow area.

psilobuds

psilobuds

Thanks, I try.. I'm only flowering three at a time but I have so many seeds it's hard not to sprout some. I'm keeping three micro moms right now aiming to have 6 maximum. I sprouted so many so I could pick which I would like to keep and also for variety, I figured some would turn male. Only two turned out to be male. I do have one seedling I've yet to determine sex which may end up being taken out soon. I'm also working on a new location and I'm planning on doing at least double the amount of plants in flower. At that point look for me in regular indoor grows;). I show my little space so maybe some people can see my successes and mistakes, start up their own micro grows. Armed with the skills to grow in a super small spot, I'll be able to blow up a larger grow area.

i know exactly how it is mate. curbing that desire to sow sow sow can be bloody hard!~
sweet, good ya have a plan. hope ya manage to work something out so ya can flower more. if space ain't an issue, there's no such thing as too many!

totally mate, that's why we're all here to learn and teach and all our mistakes are lessons learnt.

monkeymun

monkeymun

Looking good bro, nice to see the progress.

Hey monkeymum, thanks for the peep in. Yea outside would help but outside is not good because kids, their parents, and people who like to steal are quite an issue for me. I live in an apt. building where the only outside area is a common walkway. I've hit up a couple of friends who have gladly agreed to take a couple of my babies, we'll see how that goes. I hate to kill any of my plants, they're like my babies:eek:

I know the feeling well. Best sort of babies to have I say! :D

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I'm close to finish on my window run, this will only be the third, post HPS light. My first was was ok, my second was a little better. I had a nice variety of herb and i'm still puffing on some of it. Truth be told I've been savoring every last bit. I go out and buy herb and it's usually excellent quality but nothing beats the homegrown. I've had an issue where my leaves go all yellow weeks before my plants are done. Only one type of plant didn't do that, it was the LSD I grew my last round. This round I've got about three and a half more weeks, the leaves are quite yellow but it's not for lack of nutrients and I don't think heat has been an issue. I raised my light and turn on my A/C but still getting lots of yellow leaves. It's not that bad I guess because instead of pulling off good leaves to open bud sites the leaves just yellow, die, then fall off. On to some pics.

My vegging ladies..
IMG 2981

Vic's High twins, also known as the future.. I can't wait to clone theses ladies, easily the healthiest and biggest plants I have going, Thanks JimmyNitz!!
IMG 2982

This is my lone PNW Big Bud x Afghani also called ATM, hope she's a lady
IMG 2984

Super Silver Afghan, I know, not looking terribly healthy but trust me these things have potential. I'm just letting them get by on the minimum until I get room to blow them up.

IMG 2986

I have a hard time killing plants, so here is lil' stud Candy Queen #1
IMG 2994

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

(continued..)

..his much larger brother Candy Queen #2
IMG 2990

My project clones... yea I still have all of them
IMG 2989

My Three Mommies.. The little one in the upper left corner is my POW mommy, she's new. Below her is New Blue Diesel and the one on the right is Ronnie James.
IMG 2987

Some mommy clippings, I put them in water and Azos to see if they root just like that... not really planning on keeping the clones if they grow, but you know I will...
IMG 2988

My window view (sorry about the super bright yellow pic)
IMG 2973

New Blue close up at 5 weeks
IMG 2976

POW at 5 weeks
IMG 2979

Ronnie James at 5weeks
View attachment 224463

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG 2980
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thanks ethnoman and psilobuds for checkin' in...
I'm gonna try to update with pics soon..
Speaking of delicious buds... It is now reeking of skunky almost meaty sweaty smell coming off of the New Blue Deez and the RJD smells of fresh strawberries:confused:.. hope they taste of strawberry. The POW is kind of barely getting more fragrant right now just smells kinda like purps with a skunky twist but the smell is getting sweeter as it ripens. I might have to go 9 weeks plus on the POW, it's taking it's time to finish. RDJ is pretty close. Looks like I'll be lighting up some Ronnie James Dio for the 4th of July!! Cheers!!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Salutations OctoberDee,

Lighting?!? :eek:​

If you're a citizen living in the USA and the plan is to celebrate on July 4th then i'd have expected this RJD to be worth vaping, nothing less!

;)
LOL ... it's a tradition to burn things on the 4th but you're are so right!!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I took a second to take some quick photos this morning. I really need to pull my ladies out of the window spot and take some pics. HPS light does not translate well in pics. Either way here's some pics:
Ronnie James close up; she smells like raw strawberries!
RJD2

RJD1

The POW; stinks like funk and purple skunk, if that makes any sense
POW

The New Blue Diesel; this shit smells like gym clothes and freaky sex with a sweet skunk and fuel sort of under tone, quite a smelly girl. I thought there would be a berry smell but there's not at all.
NBD

NBD2

Veg Canopy
Veg

DC105

DC105

Hey nice variety 0! Looks like you have a good selection. Did you get any female East Coast Goo? I have a couple in flower, just lookingto see what they look like budded . Keep up the good work!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey nice variety 0! Looks like you have a good selection. Did you get any female East Coast Goo? I have a couple in flower, just lookingto see what they look like budded . Keep up the good work!

Yo DC!! Thanks for scoping my mini grow. No I sprouted an EC Goo but it turned out to be a hermi, more male than female... That EC goo is very susceptible to thrips and they attacked pretty hard. I think that caused it to hermi, it was the only EC Goo I popped. After that I put it on the back burner. I have so many seeds to pop I may not get back to it for a while. Right now I'm really on the nuts of the Ronnie James Dio. I've only seen 1 1/2 other grow diaries about it and didn't realize how awesome it was until now. It's smelling so good and the nugs are getting dense. This RJD pheno I'm growing is gonna be a keeper for sure.. It'll be some storm shit for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom