Working At A Dispensary

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Your concerns are just paranoia. If you want to be a slave to the state get a badge. If the Feds so come it won’t be for the bud tenders and Medcard holders. And if they do You will at least have time to get away when they are busting all the owners.
The feds are raking in too much cash from taxes to shut down the industry. Revenue is the culprit to regulation. And is exactly why we don’t have decriminalization, the American people love money they didn’t earn.

11e, i dont want a badge but like to think i’m legal.
  1. Threads or posts pertaining to religious or political discussions meant to incite or flame others will be closed and/or deleted. THCFarmer is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds, so in favor of harmony and unity, rather than division, it is best to stay on the topic of this site... cannabis. There is a forum for law/politics as it pertains to cannabis.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Trimmers out here usually get 13-18+ bucks an hr (depends on if they are an employee or a contractor) and the crew gets paid per lb in the 100-150 range. Working as a bud tender would be worse honestly. Unless you are using it as a step into a diff job. Id work in the office before I ever did that. I usually would just flash my key badge so I didn't have to listen to the dumb shit come out of their mouths.

Kutabolon

Kutabolon

This is how I roll. Purple trainwreck (HSO) being processed. 100% by hand

Ptr

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Already happened in Missouri for residents there who want a medical card. Must give up gun rights to get your card. As per my limited research

Its a federal law issue. If there are firearms in the same place as our grow the state may see it as all ok but in federal court a weed charge is far more serious if you are armed.

In Michigan guns have been returned to the medical grower after they were cleared of charges.

Madbud

Madbud

Another consideration is hours, retail is not 9-5. You work nights, weekends, holidays and the growers probably work on xmas too.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Anyone actually work at a dispensary ? No hypotheticals, put in more that a year or so.....
Did i see some say Budtender ?? That seems about right

H

hawkman

Anyone actually work at a dispensary ? No hypotheticals, put in more that a year or so.....
here is were you can get certified -Green Flower.com and there is one other have to get the spelling of

R

Robustness

Ive been managing one since December. Oklahoma just opened the medical can of worms lol. Why don you ask?

R

Robustness

What r the duties of the employees, sales ect
We pre bag everything. Oklahoma is going that way sometime in the near future. Gotta know your indica sativa hybrid and cannabinoids. What the proper recomendation for the patient qould be by knowing the properties of the strains. No sativa for anxiety etc. Kush notes have good pain Relieving properties. Be able to talk about edibles and how they effect over the normal burning the flower. A lot of the patients go off the recommendation from their bud tender. And they remeber if you steeted them in the right direction. We give our patients a lot info when they come thru. Always telling them to ask a lot of questions when they come in or go somewhere else.
Does this help ya?

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

We pre bag everything. Oklahoma is going that way sometime in the near future. Gotta know your indica sativa hybrid and cannabinoids. What the proper recomendation for the patient qould be by knowing the properties of the strains. No sativa for anxiety etc. Kush notes have good pain Relieving properties. Be able to talk about edibles and how they effect over the normal burning the flower. A lot of the patients go off the recommendation from their bud tender. And they remeber if you steeted them in the right direction. We give our patients a lot info when they come thru. Always telling them to ask a lot of questions when they come in or go somewhere else.
Does this help ya?

Yes it does ! Thank you, my guess over time return customers try to seek out their BudTenders......

R

Robustness

Most will seek out a knowledgeable budtender that helps them understand their needs. At my dispensary, we load them up on information about the strains and how they could benifit from the strain we have on hand that would help with their ailments. What gets me is there is a lot of budtenders that are suggesting and almost convincing the patient of the wrong strain.. not sure if that for a sales purpose or just ignorence.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Most will seek out a knowledgeable budtender that helps them understand their needs. At my dispensary, we load them up on information about the strains and how they could benifit from the strain we have on hand that would help with their ailments. What gets me is there is a lot of budtenders that are suggesting and almost convincing the patient of the wrong strain.. not sure if that for a sales purpose or just ignorence.

I sold high end audio partime back in the late 90’s and that, to me was a load of fun, the product was solid, it really sold itself most of the time, names like B&W, Krell, MusicalFidelity ect. Key was knowing the product, nothing worse than an uneducated salesman

Im hoping the Cannabis market can get me back into dealing with people, and helping them, and the hippies :0) and everyone else looking for good product at a good store.

ANP

xavier7995

xavier7995

As long as you arent trying to make a living at it, being a budtender seems like it would be a great fun job. Not many are knowledgable so it would be a good customer experience. Go for it man!

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

As long as you arent trying to make a living at it, being a budtender seems like it would be a great fun job. Not many are knowledgable so it would be a good customer experience. Go for it man!

Exactly ! Thanx :0)

Top Bottom