World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyHi

Man this thread is awesome. I been growing for a while now and I dream of growng in the great outdoors, although I live I a pretty densly populated area it would be more urban gorilla growing. I'll be lurking and following this thread. Goodluck on your harvest goal guys

N

newbiewitskillz

Want to master the outdoors now

Tobor, I've been reading your threads and all I can say is your the f'ing man. That prophet and blue sonja grow was unreal. I don't know where you guys are but I'm down south in 100 degree weather in the summer time and non summer months( Fuck it, the native state of the last president)often with no rain until hurricane season. I don't see how i could get something going outdoors since I wont be able to do frequent waterings. Really like the set it and forget it theme. I saw the newspaper mulch and that looked pretty goood but don't think that would help once anything has taken off. Any thoughts?? Regardless, big ups to you Tobor and all you other outdoor guerillas!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome SkyHi! Stick around it should be a good one.

Hello newbie. thanks for the good vibes. I am going to be using that Blue Sonja plot again this year complete with some mulch but this year I am using landscaper cloth and chopped vegetation. Dig deep holes and plant tall seedlings very deep so only a few leaves stick above ground and strip off all others. Water it in very well and with the root ball down deep it has a better chance of making it without much watering. It will get roots wherever you cut off leaves and buried underground.

Good news with the paki hindu. They should finish up fast enough too.

I actually had two males reveal and got rid of them. I now have 5 confirmed females too so things are finally progressing. All my Purple White and Fire White top cuttings rooted and the chopped off seedlings are super branchy and looking good. I will take a few more cuttings for outdoors and an indoor run.

The Joker

The Joker

I know I'm not a guerilla , but I wanted to report this.

I had 8 Blueberry females outside for their last 4 weeks of flower. They reeked and smelled great. I got 3 days and nights of rain and temperatures dipping into the high 30's upper 40's. Plants survived, sun came out, hit 70 for a few days, buds matured with their natural flush in the last week.

But the smell of the buds was greatly diminished, maybe 70 %. Before the rain , I could smell it from 20 feet away. Could cold or freezing rain wash off resin?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Cold rain IMHO can knock off resin. After cold rain I have noticed the odor is sometimes diminished. It might not be noticeable trichwise but it can decrease the odor. Although one year I had some super frosty Aurora Indica and it rained hard for a week and was cold. The plants lost 75% of the trichs. That same year and field though the Nirvana Master Kush were unaffected and smelled even more after the rain.

Rain during harvest sucks!!!!!

The Joker

The Joker

Here ya go, after the rain ,before the chop. I wanted them to have at least 7 days flush and they sure did get flushed.

Outdoor blues
Outdoor blueberry bud
S

scrapiron

Joker, did you notice any visible difference in the tric count? I had something simular happen last fall. I guess it is the same principal as bubble hash....?

M

mc1969

well did not get any pics of site i did last weekend will get some when i plant .going to my urban site sunday nite to do about 15 holes the grow room is absolutly full and still a month to go better have some trees this year ...

C

cheech

hey do you all believe most of your strains will get pretty massive with such an early start, or that for the most part an indica dominant strain is pretty much genetically limited to reach a 4-7' height? this year i'll find the answer to this question as i've got a ridiculous amount of clones to put out, and will keep cloning through the season, bud i'd like to hear what your experiences are.

great looking plants joker, i bet your glad you waited on the chop.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
there is a reason someone would keep a strain since 1973

Welcome chief greenleaf! It is good that you are on top of things this year. Getting started in time to get off to an organized start is crucial for a successful outdoor season. You have a real nice selection of strains to keep you busy. I have no experience with afgooey. I have grown Hashberry and they all finished mid October or later and not in September.

I have been stocking up on some BB crosses too Joker. I have a few DNA Kushberry seedlings that are 6 weeks old or so and have not revealed sex yet. My latest seed buy was Chimera's Blueberry x Highland Mexican. It sounded interesting. Here is the description.

Highland Mexican - The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera

DJ Short Blueberry - This Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, an unreleased line that also fathered DJ Short True Blueberry. Chimera was given access to the room in which DJ Short's male selections were made. He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself, and these selections are the pollen donors for the Joint Projects.

None of my seedlings have revealed sex yet. They are growing. Most have 7 internodes but noting showing. Just to keep moving along I topped all 6 of the White Erkels and 3 Fire Whites since they are from female seeds. I also have a batch of Chemdog D and The White cuttings that have rooted. Joker I am real pleased with the Root Excelurator so far. The clones rooted in 8 days and didn't use themselves up doing it. Big white hairy roots too.

I am sticking with chicken wire fencing 2ft tall and 3 feet long wrapped in a circle. No muss, no fuss and no critters. Well rats and chipmunks if you have then around need rat wire cages.

I have about 10 days left on a couple whites, a blueberry s1, Chemdog D and SCMK. 3 weeks left on a Love Potion and 3 White x Original Haze. I will have a few pics soon of the seedlings and the indoor crop.

Tabor, very nice , have a pack of these , too! Please let us know how you like them! monkey5

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
All in all Joker that was a fine spring grow. IMO the spring is just the opposite of the fall but has the same intrinsic power only in reverse. The day light is slowly increasing and it does slowly but surely starts to trigger them back to veg. The only grows I saw better than yours were done by people who brought the plants inside or covered them up.

In the fall the night slowly increases and even though they don't burst into flower in 2 weeks like indoor when switched to 12/12 they start to do a long steady transition into flowering starting as soon as the night length starts to increase. That technically happens on the summer solstice on June 22. So by mid July they are in full transition mode. That is why I always count the first week of flowering around August 1-4 because on August 10 -14 I start to see plants really start to hair. I figured like with indoor major hairs 10-14 days after 12 starts so I back to Aug 1. But really it slowly started weeks before.

In the spring it is just as slow. So even though they still look to be flowering they are slowing down and don't end up as dense. Outdoor sun even in the spring has much more influence on a plant then indoor light. You can test it by taking two clones from the same mom and flowering them for a few weeks. Then put one under 18/6 indoor and put the other one out under 15 hours of daylight on June 1 and the outdoor one will reveg 4 times as fast.

Hindu here is a peak at a SCMK. It is 68 days today. I trimmed it a bit to finish it up. It has been flushed a good 2 weeks in soil probably more. I usually take it around day 65 but I was letting this one go at least 70 to see any difference. I am letting the white go 70 for the first time too.

The first pic is SCMK. The second is the BB s1 (Jokers Blue), the 3rd pic is the white and the last pic is my 400w space. The plant in the middle is a Love Potion which is a great yielding plant and if it has some pop it will be a good one. In the front right corner that is my own cross of the white x original haze. The one in each back corner is too. The ones on the right are the keepers. They are very dense, keep a lot of the haze taste and head and are way more stoney potent due to the white. They are absolutely huge yielders based on a couple test grows. Each grow got the same mix of phenos too. One grow my friend did and out of 10 seeds got 5 females. I planted 6 seeds and got 3 females. There were 2 white leaning phenos and 1 O Haze leaning pheno. Those 2 plants just starting to flower are SCMK. The one on the left front and the one right behind it are white. The back middle is Chemdog D that I have been smoking at off and on.

DSCN0479
DSCN0480
DSCN0481
DSCN0482
M

mc1969

heres some pics of one of my new sites looks like the bow saw is gonna go to work . it even gave up a pretty tasty treat

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Wow mc1969 you found a nice bunch of morel mushrooms. I use to look for them a lot. I do still find them when I go out digging in the spring. It will soon be time around here. But I bet the warm weather here popped a few early birds. Your plants looked ready to go too guy. You seem locked and loaded.

Hindu plotting and figuring a new grow room is half the fun.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Your thread is blowing up Tobor!

Heres an update on my end. Been real busy terracing out hillsides and putting up deer fencing. The soil on this spot is great, but it looks like I'm going to put out a few containers as well. Just ordered 4 pallets for roughly thirty 100 gallon smart pots for a container grow side project. Most are going in the ground so I don't know if I'll use all 30 of those (since each one takes 7 bags of soil and thats a hell of a lot of soil to be carrying through the brush), but a little extra soil can never hurt.

Currently have "too many" vegging under fluorescents in 4" pots, which will be moved under 1000W Super Blue MH lights as soon as I can move out whats already under there. The bulk is going to be OG Kush (SFV) and OG Headband, along with pockets of others strains. If time permits, a shade grown outdoor breeding project might be a possibility as well. Currently waiting for bananas to appear on some old school Purps Kush!

Its going to be a fun year!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Just ordered 4 pallets for roughly thirty 100 gallon smart pots for a container grow side project.

LOL!! Side project. That says it all right there. This guy is serious.

Your spot sounds fantastic. To have access like that.

I know what you mean about limited space under the veg lights.

Here are a couple pics of my white/o. haze cross. This is a pheno that is white leaning but almost an even mix. It has a week or 2 to go but it is already nicely potent.

DSCN0483
DSCN0484
DSCN0488
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

heres some pics of one of my new sites looks like the bow saw is gonna go to work . it even gave up a pretty tasty treat

I love Morels! The rains here have been popping chanterells all over the place too. Theres fungus among us!

hahaha Tobor. Its not so much a side project as much as what I have the time for. Its second on the priority level after taking advantage of whats already there. Plus I still have a day job :bow and a girlfriend :whew

But I think this is going to be a good year. After the heavy rains I think a lot of people are going to go the extra mile. I'm sure my season is going to pale in comparison to some of the others on this site.

G

GreenTrees88

Tobor
Great thread. I'ts great to hear from someone with years of guerrilla grow experience combined with good grammar. My first outdoor grow was 20 years ago in corn.

I have been working for the past 3 months to collect as many different varieties to reach a goal of 99. Below is a list of clones for My Outdoor Candyland. I have planted all in organic soil and I am prepping the site now for a plant date of May 30th.
I will keep you up to date. Good luck!
Afgan Kush
Agent Orange
AK 47
Arjans Haze
Bananna Cough
Bananna Kush
Big Bud
Big Skunk
Black Velvet
Blowfish
Bordellow
Bubba Kush
Bubbleberry
Buddha's Sister
Cadillac Jack (Jack Herrer X White Widow X Annunaki
Cali Dream
Cali Hash Plant
Cheese
Davey train
DJ Shorts Blueberry
DJ Shorts FLO
Ed Rosenthal Superbud X Annunaki
Electric Avenue #1
Electric Kingdom
Euphoria
G13 x HashPlant (Mr. Nice)
G13 x Haze
Golden Goat
Grape Ape
Grape Cough
Grapefruit
Hash Plant
Hawaiian Snow
Heavy Duty Fruity
Herojuana
Himilayen Gold
Indie Kush
Jack Flash
Jack the Ripper
Jah Kush
LA Confidential
LA Kush
Lambs Bread
Lavender
Mango Cough
Master Kush
Maui Wowie
Mk Ultra
Monkfish
Mothers Finest
Nightshade
Northern Lights
NYC Diesel
OG Kush
OG Kush x Alaskan Thunder Fuck
Phnom Phen
Power Plant
Pure Kush
Purple Beauty
Purple Nepal
Purple Passion
Quirkle
RD X Columbian Red Haze
Red Diesel
Romulan
SAGE
Seattle Big Bud
Sensi Star
Shire
Snowcap
Sour Disel
Super Lemon Haze
THC Bomb
Trainwreck
White Rhino
White Widow
White Widow x Blueberry
Widow Special (White widow X Davey Train)
Willie Nelson

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
GreenTrees you must go through dozens of marker pens just labeling cups for all those strains. I get sick of the writing involved with just 10 or so strains. Your list is as long as the Magna Carta. Why 99? Why not 100?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are some pics of the 1st BB s1 I grew. It was chopped soon after the pics were taken. That pot is just shy of a gallon. Pretty good yielder for that pot.

I will have some better pictures of the BB when I pull it out again.

When you click on the 3rd pic hit the + and enlarge it and you can see the plentiful trichs all perfectly milky white.

DSCN0348
DSCN0350
DSCN0351
DSCN0353
DSCN0380
Top Bottom