World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Yes a 400w with a bunch of other stuff. Spent some time with the thai and o. haze.

The Joker

The Joker

Nice. I just finished a cab for a 400 watt. I am trying to be stealth, but wish I had made it deeper than 22". Interior is 37" x 22" x 6' high. I made it for growing whatever the hell I felt like, single cola, scrog, sog... and finally growing seeds.

M

mc1969

diggin holes, pickin ticks and countin down the days till i can get them in the ground :bong-hits: and tryin to get the veggie garden in the ground too....

M

mc1969

if you can get these things getem for 6 bucks a bag (50 spikes) they are a great at the root in flower fert npk 2-7-4 derived from feather meal bone meal and sulfate of potash cleared lowes out of them today

The Joker

The Joker

I love those things. I use them in my vegetable garden with great success. Was wondering if they work with herb indoor with organics.

R

Red Mosquito

First time outdoor grower. Working around 42 latitude, so a short season. Will be germing 24 NL outside, in cups, beginning mid May. Can't germ indoors for reasons not worth talking about. Live in the woods, so finding spots isn't a big problem. However, the water table is high, so I'll have to deal with drainage issues. I plan on using stones at the bottom of the holes, and perlite to help with that. Planning on finding 4 spots, where I'll put in four plants each. I'll be trekking in ProMix, perlite, and a little quantity of lime to each spot. Water shouldn't be a problem, as there's a beautiful creek near each spot.

Critters might be a pain in the ass, but I don't feel like hauling wire. It's a fairly rugged hike where I'll be going, and I don't have 20 year-old legs anymore. I'll bring my dog with me, and urinate around the grow areas.

Some questions.

Anyone have other suggestions regarding drainage issues?
I was thinking I'd plant Memorial Day weekend, but that would only allow my seedlings two weeks to grow. Too soon? What are the issues planting them then versus waiting two or three more weeks?
Any thoughts or tips on growing NL?

This is the best thread, and I appreciate all the information.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome Red!

Your plan is good but does have a weakness IMHO. You only need to carry 4 three foot sections of fencing to each spot. Get a 50 ft roll of 3 foot chicken wire for $20 and cut 16 three foot sections (48 feet). Then make them into circles which will be the perfect diameter to put around a seedling. Then walk on them to flatten them out. Four of them won't even weigh a pound. Fencing increases your odds of success. Why haul in soil and stuff only to have some creature destroy all your work?

Why do you have drainage issues? Are you planting in flood plains? Swamp?

If you are germinating the seedlings outside it doesn't really matter about the size they go out at because they are already out.

There are people on here that are doing outdoor grows straight from seed. They prepared a spot and planted the seeds. It can be done. I would still use a fence.

There are many people who don't use a fence. Some are in this thread. I use a fence. If you can hide a plant you can hide the fence around the plant. I think growers who are only doing small numbers (less than 20) need to use a fence because it increases the odds of survival.

I have just been biding time waiting for seedlings to show sex. I have 14 females so far and pulled 4 males. If this trend continues I will have more females than I bargained for.

I cut a BB s1 today. It was mostly all cloudy with a few clear and amber. Some pics to entertain during the boring phase of outdoor preparation.

DSCN0508
DSCN0509
DSCN0510
DSCN0511
winta

winta

shit lookin rockin over here my dude! i love those colors on that girl there!:sun:animbong:

waayne

waayne

Tobor,thanks for the awesome pics!Nothing like well grown plants in the great outdoors!

T

tcurtiss

Red get some fishing line and paint it with flat back & green spray paint and use that as your fencing, just wrap it around a few trees to make a perimeter

Make sure to make it 6 - 8 feet tall and have the bottom of the fence closer to your plants that the top and push the top out further 5 -6 feet if possible than the lower part of the fence
That should keep out the deer and bigger critters

TortureKill

TortureKill

Great thread tobor! I will be dropping in periodically with some pics. Im planting in northern PA. I went all out last year with mostly clones. Ive had good luck with corn fields in the past, but last year I could find any good accessible fields. I planted mostly in wooded areas and shrubby fields. The choppers were out like mad last year. What i didnt lose to chopper/thiefs, I lost to mold. The mold was horrendous! I lost a few lbs to mold.
My goal last season was 50 lbs (big goal), and 200 plants. I put out well over 200 clones and a lot of seed. After mold, and thieves I harvested maybe 2lbs. I put in a lot of time and effort for very little.

This year Im focusing mainly on the cornfields, and Im going for fewer larger plants. Also will be getting in a quick auto grow early. Ive got a few dozen mossy jems, and a few hundred lowryders to put in.

I will be planting a lot of seed I made last fall and some I made this winter. As well as other seed I have in my stock for observing, and selection.
-White Widow X (Cheese x Erdpurt) X (b3n7erdpurt x Royal Dane)
-SOL Blubonic
-Grape Blubonic x SOL Blubonic
-Northern Lights x SOL Blubonic

Im going to be putting out clones from all of my mothers to see how they fare outdoors. I will be focusing mostly on my afghan, Green Crack, Casey Jones, Blueberry, White Widow, and jorges Diamonds.

R

Red Mosquito

Thanks for the response guys. I'm leaning towards fencing now. Torbor, I'm not sure what you mean by walking on them (the chickenwire) to flatten them out? Would you elaborate? Do you literally mean I should "flatten them".

Regarding the drainage, I'm planting on a slope, near a class 3 wetland. I dug about a 2' x 2' hole, and within 20 min. it filled with approx. 9 inches of water. I expect things to dry some, as the average temp. this time of year is mid-upper 50's during the day, and recently began hitting the early 40's at night. Like I said earlier, my plan is to put a few inches of stone in the bottom of the hole, and use perlite generously.

I'm reluctant to seed directly into the holes, as I only have 24 seeds, and I'm not terribly confident about the genetics of 12 of them.

Again, thanks for the help.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey waayne thanks. That was an indoor BB though. We need bud pics of stuff during boring seed germination for outdoor. LOL!

tcurtiss the fishing line trick does work for deer. groundhogs can do the Mission Impossible laser beam security walk right through it though. Rabbits and groundhogs must be eliminated as a worry. Otherwise they will toss a salad with your seedlings.

TortureKill I hear you about last year. The choppers were numerous and hit me hard in the corn. Then the gas worker rippers and the rain got most of the rest. I had a bad year. But I had great ones for years before that. It sucks losing your hard work. But if you give up and don't do the work you know you are ending up with nothing. I am hitting it hard again this year. I am a big fan of the corn but I am not planting a single plant in the corn this year. The choppers search the corn the most. Then it is easy to get. Even if they find ones this year they won't be easy to get unless they land on them. They won't be calling ground teams to hike where they have to hike to get 3 or 4 plants. And if they do congrats because I will have extra out.

Red when you cut the wire and connect the ends of the 3 foot long by 3 feet tall chicken wire it makes a springy circle of wire. very hard to pack or conceal. Lay it on the ground and walk on it. This will make it flat and stiffer. You can fold it in half or pack or carry as is. When you get to your spot just open it back up so it makes the fence circle and put it over your plant. Use sticks from the area to anchor it or take some bamboo tomato stakes with you.

If that water is there all year you have it made. Just dig the whole and fill in the soil mix and put your rootball in about a foot. The plant will be fine if the soild drains the first foot. It will be like a hempy pot. The roots will grow out and just dip into the water to suck what they want.

You could also dig the whole but make a raised bed over the hole if you think the other way would be too wet.

Water like you describe that is in the ground and fills a hole partially will not drown the plant. The plant will adapt, thrive and yield like crazy with unlimited water to suck. It only is a problem if the hole fills completely or the area gets submerged in water so the ground is covered for a few days. This will drown the plant.

I think you have an ideal spot red. Does it get 7 hours of light? If it does can you say Mother Lode?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Michael I think the original BB is DJ short , pre 2k Blueberry. This is an s1 from that cut. It is a good one but the cut is better. The cut will fuck you up if you take it 9-10 weeks.

This one is potent and smells of BB. The cut taste like BB and is real potent. The s1 was fun the cut is a keeper. I would say no matter what anybody grew they would find room for the BB cut once they ran it. The cut is fully capable of winning many a contest.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It was 11 weeks and 5 days Hindu.

I had to rip down inside today. I couple things happened with distant connection to me. Better to live and grow another day. I took all my outdoor stuff outside in a secret nursery in a secluded meadow. I have some fencing around them. I harvested every plant in the grow rooms. My main stash is hidden in the woods and I am ready if the man comes. He isn't but I am still ready. A friend also has rooted clones of everything important to me. Plus I have my seeds.

This does not effect my outdoor grow at all. I will still be putting on a show.I will go indoors again soon enough.

tobar lives to fight another day.

N

nor cali farmer

the man will never win as we are the people of this great state of cali have been doing it for 40+ yrs and camp has not even put a dent in the green

M

mc1969

better safe then sorry tobor,in my neck of the woods the dent they put in your life and wallet is enough to roll on the parinoid side here you get delt the same hand as a mother fucker cookin meth ...

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
LOL! Did you finish up the holes last night as predicted mc?

I have a few done. I will be getting them all done in the next week or two. Things will be going in the ground near the end of May.

The season will be rollin' up on us pretty quickly now. Time to work.

Top Bottom