World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

good i was in shock when i saw the banned by your name. i was thinking wtf could be the reason for this, he is obviously passionate about growing and goes out of his way to offer advise in a friendly non obnoxious 'i know everything' manner. GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

Hey everyone, guess im late to the party....nice thread tobar, its good to see so many guerilla growers in one thread...i live in the tropics so i have the advantage of year round growing..every year i test out different strains and methods to see what works best..this winter i had great success sprouting my seeds outside in beds 12/12 from seed using female seeds that i made by reversing a local haze believed to be NL/Haze using CS and crossing it to my NYCD X Casey Jones mom, c99 mom and a few others.....out of over 100 fems not one hermied or threw out any nanners, so now that i can trust the stability of them ill be using s1's of the local haze this summer(where i live cuts dont work outside)...ill be posting up some threads aswell as adding some stuff in here, just wanted to pop in and say hi....i got a link in my sig from last years winter crop if anyone wants to check it out....hope you all are as busy as i am this time of year springs around the corner :)

S

scrapiron

So, sence we have all these great minds in one thread, I have a question. Does anyone have experience with an outdoor spring harvest? This Thursday, 3-18-2010 on the East Coast sunrise is 7:03am and sunset is 7:04, so now is the time for outdoor flower.

The main issue I can think of, in the fall days are getting shorter. Spring they get longer. (3 or 4 minutes a day) Will this stop flowering?

Anyone with input on spring outdoor flowering would be appreciated. Great thread you have going Tab. Glad you are out of the time-out room! haha

The Joker

The Joker

I've just put 8 Blueberry Plants outside that have been sadly stuck under a 150. They are in week 4-5 of flower, so they will be finished in another month. When I've put stuff out in April with 8 weeks flower to go, they never really finished and started to reveg.

S

scrapiron

Hey Joker, what is the temperatures like in your area. It is like 65 daytime and 40 at night here. Still a little chilly. I have 2 plants that are about 3 weeks in, and was kicking around the idea of putting them outside. Had such shitty luck with this winters crop, I really dont want to mess these 2 up.

*I dont know how I got Tab out of Tobor in my last post, but sorry bout that!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome DonJ. The tropics is way out of my area of experience. I think it would be great to have 12/12 at the ready whenever you want. Why don't cuts work outside in the tropics?

Thanks for the welcome back cheech.

I like the idea of hiding them around the boats. You could put them near but off to the side. That way if somebody does come around the boats would attract their eye and the weed wouldn't. Or if the people that actually ever go in that area are so used to the boats they are no longer interesting then you could hide them on the back side of the boats with the boats as a shield.

Why do you go in that area? Do other people go their for hiking, fishing or scavenging?

The people I have seen pull off good spring grows either had a climate where they could stick them outside in Feb and they just let them go. Or they would start in the warm days of late March or early April and take them in at night. One guy was in Canada and it was cold sometimes like in the 40's. I was always surprised how well he did it.

I find it easier and more productive to do fall grows. You can take longer flowering strains that would finish and put them in 2-5 gallon pots and 12/12 them a couple weeks starting July 15. Then when they are put outside Aug 1 they will keep on flowering because the nights are growing longer and days shorter.

You can also just take 8-10 week strains and pot them in a decent pot or put them in the ground August 1 and they will start to flower and will be smaller than if you had them in pots all summer.

MC1969 you have a lot going on because you have something going on. You are going to be ready for the season.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Joker I just got some H & G Root Excelurator. The aluminum bottle is kinda cool.

You do the soak and then foliar spray with some of it. Do you use rooting hormone on the cut tips too?

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

Welcome DonJ. The tropics is way out of my area of experience. I think it would be great to have 12/12 at the ready whenever you want. Why don't cuts work outside in the tropics?

hey tobar....im technically in the subtropics slightly north of equatorial areas..although i can GROW all year round, i cant flower all year ..our longest day of the year is about 14.0 hours so from may to july things will try to reveg depending on its genetics...cuts will work but only in winter and i would have to veg them to the right size and take them out there..when i plant a seed during the winter 11/13 ...i put it into its bed and it will veg for about 40 days or so then flower...here are the times i usually plant and harvest for any tropical growers out there

........................PLANT.....HARVEST
FALL .................sept 1st -jan 1st (12/12 from seed)
WINTER/SPRING...jan 1st -may 1st (11/13 from seed)
SUMMER.............april 1st -nov 1st (regular grow)

The Joker

The Joker

Hey Joker, what is the temperatures like in your area. It is like 65 daytime and 40 at night here. Still a little chilly. I have 2 plants that are about 3 weeks in, and was kicking around the idea of putting them outside. Had such shitty luck with this winters crop, I really dont want to mess these 2 up.

*I dont know how I got Tab out of Tobor in my last post, but sorry bout that!

it's the same here. High of 68 today, but in the 40's at night. It's a little chilly for the girls, but they were being wasted under a 150, so they are better outdoors. It will give me a few jars of my favorite smoke. I'm smoking Bubba lately and it puts me in the realm of diminishing personality.

T: The river goes on for miles and miles and I walk along it and drive by it every day. I have been watching and there is a lot of traffic where I had been looking with fisherman and people taking their boats into wine country. I'm not sure that it would be possible for me to find a spot without a boat as in some areas,the river is away from all roads. There are also marshes it connects too where hunters go to kill birds.

I have a feeling that I would have to go 5 or 6 miles upriver to find a spot.

BB outdoor 3
The Joker

The Joker

Tabor:

I did some cuts with rooting hormone and some without. I used it because I have it , but there was no difference between the two. For the first time ever , I took 10 BB cuts and got 10 to root. There are 8 in the pic above and I gave two away!

So I just took the cuts and soaked them in a plastic cup of the RE solution, then put that same solution in a spray bottle and sprayed every other day or so. I've used it twice now with 100% success. Way better than every other product I've tried, which is quite a few.

subieslow

subieslow

hey fellas. Here in ca last year, I got raped towards the end of the grow by catepilars shitting in my buds/eating and promoting tons of grey mold. Is there anything to be used against them this year?

B

boroboro

subieslow, some of the big outdoor growers on icmag are talking about use of "Bacillus Thuringiensis" and "Safer Cat Killer". No experience here, I just remember reading about it yesterday.

The Joker

The Joker

I use Safer Cat Killer as I have opened up buds and found fat caterpillars inside. It's an enzyme that only kills caterpillars and breaks down in three days. I need to spray again.
I used it last year and it worked excellently. Serenade too for PM.

The Joker

The Joker

Yes, Can you believe it's been 3 years?!!! Hashcraver, Tabor and many others have grown it out as well. So far , for me , it's the one to beat and no one has cashed in on it with overpriced S1's or untested crosses either.

trinityalps

trinityalps

Lovin' that blueberry

Yes, Can you believe it's been 3 years?!!! Hashcraver, Tabor and many others have grown it out as well. So far , for me , it's the one to beat and no one has cashed in on it with overpriced S1's or untested crosses either.

Looks yummy. Let me know if you want to share :)
--Trinity

The Joker

The Joker

I don't want to sound selfish, but I'm done sharing. I've sent out many packages that took time and money to make and send to perfect strangers,most of whom never showed appreciation or in hindsight even merited the energy. Now I save that effort for family and people I actually know. It's been much more rewarding.

Sannie and Escobar have been working the blueberry sativa line into many strains, Killing Fields, Madonna and Jackberry are three I can think of off the top of my head.
I have seeds of all three and am looking to cross to the BB mom, since they are vigorous, yield well and high percent purple.

C

chief greenleaf

Great thread Tabor, I subd a few weeks ago and kinda forgot about it but I had some time today so I read the whole thing ta get up ta speed. Ill def be contributing, Im in a neighbor state just east of ya at 38 deg N so were probably dealin w/pretty similar weather. Ive got a nice outdoor run planned and this year Im actually gettin started on time! Last year I BSed all spring and didnt end up gettin anything planted until mid Aug but I still pulled a couple lbs from 15-20 plants.
I made plenty of seeds last season with a beasty Satori male so Ive got several crosses that will be very interesting ta watch. Im also putting in an order tomorrow for some Agent Orange and a few others Ive yet to decide on and some cuttings rooting as we speak.

Crosses from last season:
Chocolope x Satori
NL/Skunk x Satori
OGK/Power Plant x Satori
White Widow x Satori aka Whitey Satorow
Satori (purple indica pheno) x Satori S1s
Satori (sativa pheno) x Satori S1s
The Satori male used was a bad mofo, big and stinky and his flowers were so big and dense that they looked like buds from a short distance! So the results should be beautiful. Ill probably be running more of the OGK, WW, and NL/Sk crosses since they should be more likely to finish sooner but 2 years ago we didnt get first frost until late Nov so Ill def be puttin out a little of everything just in case!
Clones Ill be running:
Afgooey
Blueberry
BlueGoo
And last but not least my notorious 52 day Chocolope pheno will be makin her outdoor debut!

Anybody have any experience with the Afgoo outside??? Ive looked all over the net and havent found shit for info on her outdoor or in for that matter. Im just kinda curious when she'll finish up, mold resistance, etc. Any info would be sweet!
Im still tryin ta decide on what else ta order and its gettin close ta spring so I gotta get on it. Im def goin with Agent Orange, Ive been dyin ta run some of Subs gear. It supposedly yields great and finishes by the beginning of Oct, Ill be takin cuts and lookin for a keeper ta run inside too. If any of yall have any experince w/her outdoors and could shoot some tips my way Id sure appreciate it.
Im probably gonna go w/somethin from Mandala too, their genetics are great and you cant beat the prices. Im thinkin maybe Hashberry, Ive heard it smokes great and finishes in Sept. Im open ta any suggestions for good yield/potency and fairly early finish outdoor.

C

chief greenleaf

Oh yea and since this is an outdoor thread if any of yall have deer problems like I do here's a great way ta keep them bastards outta your patch. Its simple, easy, very inconspicuous, and best of all CHEAP!
All you need is some fishing line and if you dont have any trees or bushes right around your plot bring some posts/stakes/sticks etc but whatever you use make sure your posts are at least semi sturdy and wont fall over easily. Vegetation thats rooted in the ground works extremely well. And dont worry if some of your natural stakes arent right next to your patch either, as long as your line is pulled tight and completely encircles your patch they wont cross it!
Your gonna run the fishing line parellel to the ground around the perimeter of your garden, using trees/bushes or your posts to secure the line and keep it tight as you go. You pretty much weave and tie it into the foliage and keep it tight and at a consistent height.
The first line you run at about knee high, you run the second line directly above it at about chest height. When running these two lines imagine how tall a deer is. You want the bottom line at about midway up its leg and the second line at the deers chest/neck area.
The third line you run a little higher, you want it high enough that a deer can go under it. This line will run the same path as the first two but about 2 feet further out from the garden. So basically your just outlining the path of the first two lines and keeping a consistent 2 foot distance from them. Ya know those fences that slant out at an angle at the top to make them harder to climb??? Thats kinda what were doin here. Keep in mind this line is important! Deer are curious and they might get the bright idea to try and jump over your line and if they do this line is gonna trip em up in midair. If that deer gets close lined in mid jump by something it cant see its sure ta leave your patch the hell alone!!!
This works so damn good because a deer can see a normal fence and will jump right over it. But deer have really poor eyesight and it prevents them from seeing the fishing line at all! When they attempt to enter your garden they feel the pressure against their chest/neck area, but they cant see anything which confuses them.(keep this in mind when choosing your stakes, they need to be sturdy enough to hold the fishing line while the deer pushes against it) When they try to go under it the knee high line gets em again! Now if they get really determined ta munch on your buds and try to jump over the invisible line, boom! The tallest line trips em up or clothes lines em! Then they take off runnin and stay the hell away from your patch!!!!!
Its really simple and it works, I lost 2 out of 25 using hair, urine, soap, blah blah. Once I put up the fishing line I didnt see another deer track inside the perimeter! I did see some tracks approaching the patch then dead stopping at the fishing line! (which I had to tighten back up a few times after the deer tried their hardest ta walk thru it) This works better than anything Ive tried so I figured Id share it with everybody, if deer are as much of a pest for yall as they are for me youll love this method!
Enjoy!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome chief greenleaf! It is good that you are on top of things this year. Getting started in time to get off to an organized start is crucial for a successful outdoor season. You have a real nice selection of strains to keep you busy. I have no experience with afgooey. I have grown Hashberry and they all finished mid October or later and not in September.

I have been stocking up on some BB crosses too Joker. I have a few DNA Kushberry seedlings that are 6 weeks old or so and have not revealed sex yet. My latest seed buy was Chimera's Blueberry x Highland Mexican. It sounded interesting. Here is the description.

Highland Mexican - The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera

DJ Short Blueberry - This Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, an unreleased line that also fathered DJ Short True Blueberry. Chimera was given access to the room in which DJ Short's male selections were made. He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself, and these selections are the pollen donors for the Joint Projects.

None of my seedlings have revealed sex yet. They are growing. Most have 7 internodes but noting showing. Just to keep moving along I topped all 6 of the White Erkels and 3 Fire Whites since they are from female seeds. I also have a batch of Chemdog D and The White cuttings that have rooted. Joker I am real pleased with the Root Excelurator so far. The clones rooted in 8 days and didn't use themselves up doing it. Big white hairy roots too.

I am sticking with chicken wire fencing 2ft tall and 3 feet long wrapped in a circle. No muss, no fuss and no critters. Well rats and chipmunks if you have then around need rat wire cages.

I have about 10 days left on a couple whites, a blueberry s1, Chemdog D and SCMK. 3 weeks left on a Love Potion and 3 White x Original Haze. I will have a few pics soon of the seedlings and the indoor crop.

C

chief greenleaf

By direct seeding...theres no soil smells etc...deer dont bother them.

What do you mean by direct seeding? Im not sure I follow. But what Ive noticed is when were preparing plots we tend to lay down foliage and make small clearings that deer seem ta love to bed down in. I dont see how the method of planting used would make any difference either way, but Id love ta hear more if you care to elaborate! I mean every now and then Ill notice a few nibbles on some leaf but almost every plant Ive ever lost from deer has been from them either bedding down on top of em or just plain trampling them. Its kind of a slap in the face honestly, if theyre gonna wreck a plant Id at least like ta know that somethin got high in the process ya know! All I know is if some fishing line around my patch will save a plant, its def worth the small amount of effort. And even if you could do something ta make them less attracted to your patch, when they run thru the woods they def dont worry about the plants they trash along the way and if I can prevent mine from bein some of the trashed ones Im on it!

Top Bottom