World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc1969

you should pull a pound in those easy the pots in my post i have had for years and can almost pull a pound in those . went to one of my sites where i put out a bunch of 3Ds and found a few damn near done flowering really weird because all the clone came from the same mother and only 3 plants are in flower full flower this is a 45 day strain and has been in the ground since may 5 so i will be pullin them soon...

R

Red Mosquito

Torbor,

I'm so pleased to hear you say it's not too late, even starting from seed. Due to my previous blunder that's exactly what I've done. Here's the status.

Sowed 15 seeds-10 Nirvana Chrystal, 5 Mandala Safari (freebies)- a week ago. 12 of the 15 have popped. My hope is to have them in the ground by the end of June, first week of July.

Two questions:

A) Would it be too soon to put them in the ground late June/early July, as they'll only be about 2-3 weeks old?
B) Slugs are appearing to be a potential problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the inspiration.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
A. It will be fine to put them out that age. Hindu Killer did seeds in the patch germination in the spring and has nice plants. I person could do "in the ground" what I am doing right now in containers. Dig the "in ground" spot up and get it ready to plant. Soak seeds over night and plant them in the spot and water in good. Two to 3 week old seedlings will thrive.

B. Slugs are a pain. There is a few organic type ways that help but can't be guaranteed. Some say copper wire or copper flashing in a circle around the plant. One way I used that does work some is beer. Take a 12 ounce cup and bury it so the lip is flat to the ground. Then fill with a couple inches of beer. They are attracted to it and fall in and drown. But the way I do it is with the slug kill granules. I put them in a circle around the plant about a foot away from the stem. Then as soon as the plants have about 10 leaf sets and are getting tough stems I scrape them up with a shovel. I just scrape a fine layer of soil up all around the plants to make sure I get them. You don't want them there to get in the ground when flowering. Granules will totally prevent slugs in applied right. Once plants get bigger slugs can't cut their stems or do much damage.

One year I got some tester beans of a cross of Diva G x Love Potion (I think) from cloneman (really cool mad scientist) and I was soaking them right about this time. I didn't put them outside until July 15th or so and they were like 3 weeks out of the soil seedlings. I didn't have time to presex. Out of 10 seedlings there were only 3 females. By the time the end of August came around they were heading towards 4 feet. Unfortunately they got completely eaten by groundhogs. They were going to be big though. Bigger than you would think from starting mid June from seed.

It isn't too late to get a nice harvest.

Speaking of harvests .... good job MC1969. Looks like you get the first thread award for first harvest. The awards for biggest harvest, coolest grow and largest plant are still up for grabs. They are subjective. But first harvest is first harvest. Damn you MC1969. LOL!

M

mc1969

another odd thing i had a roclock and la con that was not sexed so i said hell with it and put them at this site went there 2nd week of may and the roclock was fem the la con was male pulled it tossed it in the bushes well on inspecting the bud i find a seed i looked these plants from top to bottom no sighs of being hermi so i went back out there this morning cus it was buggin the shit out of me check all the plants no males standin there scracthin my ass i look over in the bushes and what do i see that male la con male green as can be and full of busted balls the damn thing had kept on growin when i tossed it it landed upright in some thick brush we had a couple good rains and it was still alive on top of the ground so i guess i will have a little june harvest and some 3Dx la con seeds to try out:rauch08:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I did the same thing one year in the corn I planted with unsexed seedlings. I pulled the males and just threw them between the rows. Most of them stayed alive and threw pollen. All the females got lightly seeded. Now I drag them off and cover them with vegetation.

Live and learn. Sometimes learning sucks at first. LOL!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Cuttings are rooting ....awesome.

Il have some WOT paki pollen soon T..got anything we can seed? After this clone run...Im popping seeds each run. Ive got alot of good stuff from friends and such....Ive got some seeds I got out of a sample from Z...it was his Chemdog D bx2....so its Chemdog D bx2 x ? Oh and Ive got these rare Chemdog D bx2 seeds from REZ...thx! What should I do with the males?

ECSD in Michigan would be cuts only. Those Chem BX2 still come up regularly even though Rez put LAST PACKS EVER right on the labels.

I see Connoisseur Genetics is releasing new stuff bred with the Chem bx2. You are always making homemade seeds so a male Chem bx2 will have some use.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The Tangerine Surprise and Orig D x Tangerine Tar seeds all sunk and most cracked so in the dirt they went. Now I wait.

DSCN0639
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The pics I promised of the 5 gallon bucket plants.

The cuts staying good. They get dealt with tomorrow.

DSCN0637
DSCN0638
DSCN0640
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The enemy!!!!! Although it is helping me clean up right now by eating the weeds I threw out of the garden and didn't rake up yet.

They are trouble waiting to happen though.

DSCN0642
DSCN0643
C

cooda

took me 2 days to read this whole thread, but thought i would join in....

This is my first time trying outdoors, and i got a lot of good info here. so thanks already.

Just put my third round of plants in the ground tonight. they have been under fluorescents since march. I wanted to have a more substantial base so they would have a better chance of overcoming minor problems. I followed a creek bed way into the woods, where people are very unlikely to ever go (this creek doesnt have any fish, so there would be no reason for anyone to walk it) also, no trail. I used black netting around each plant, similar to this

I used thin bamboo sticks to push them into the ground. The holes werent as deep as I would have liked them to be... ill definitely go bigger next time.

I planted on a hill about 3.5/4 feet up i put in some fertilizer stakes similar to these, but a different brand

after digging out the wholes, i mixed the dug up dirt with coco grow that I had pre-soaked in nutrient solution and filled them back in with the mixture.

I then spread slug/snail bait(poison) around the area because one of my first plants was eaten by a slug, i caught the little fucker on the plant.

I pre-treated each plant with a hearty spraying of neem oil before wrapping them in the newspaper to take them out.

Another plant from the first round was eaten down to the base, so I wanted to keep rabbits far away. the hill they are on, and the nets should do the trick.... but i wanted to be really safe, so i sprayed the plants with a mixture of garlic/cayene pepper water...then sprinkled fresh garlic around in small bags, so that garlic would drain out with the rain.

I then checked on my second round, and they are doing suprisingly well. Luckily the garlic/cayene mix didn't do any damage to the plants and seemed to work.

hopefully everything works out well.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Good job on the outdoor prep cooda. You should have something to harvest come fall with the prep you did. That fencing will work to keep out critters. It is actually difficult to see that type fencing too. people worry about fencing but it gets blended in good. Especially chicken wire that is aged. But the black and green color of the fence you use blends in too. Much more than people think.

I hope you stick with the thread and post up some pics along the way after things get going. i love group threads because there is always somebody posting something new.

C

cooda

thanks tobor. and thanks for starting this thread, without it I probably wouldnt have anything in the fall.

It's inspired me to do one more round of planting in another spot so I can get as many in the ground as possible.

pics will probably be at the very end, after harvest because i dont believe in flashlights or flash photography when im out there at night. and i only go at night because it's a hell of a hike, and i have to walk past a house to get into the opening in the woods.

I also want to get more in so I can get some in bigger holes. looking back, i really wish i would have spent more time digging.

M

Malachi

I figured I would drop a pic here for you guys to enjoy. Its my bog style grow. Each bucket contains a mix of about 40% Pro mix 40% peat moss and 20% perlite. I also added chicken manure and epsoma flowertone 3-5-7 organic fertilizer to the equation. I like using this because of the potash content and it also contains all the micro nutrients including good ratios of cal/mag. The end of july i will suppliment them with a custom blend of 0-15-30. This picture was taken in the beginning of June. I went and checked on them this past weekend and they were all already around 2 ft tall. The added perlite really helps keep the medium aerated. I am very impressed this year. Already my results are way better then the beginning of last year. Last year deer got to some of mine and some branches broke in late bloom because of the weight. I decided to fence them off to keep the deer away and for support later on down the road.

100 1274
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That fencing is slick Malachi. It gets tighter spacing near the bottom. The bucket and fence have a nice tidy guerilla look to them.

My indoor grows are always heavy on the perlite. I like soil that drains well. It still has plenty of water retaining ingredients.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Alright, I read the whole link, this is a new question. I brought the girls outside to my greenhouse mid May and now here we are mid June and six of the damn things look like they're in reveg, but they were never in flower. Why are they shitting on me? Is there anything that can be done? How much yield have I lost?

B

bdawgburner

Whoo Hoo!!! I finally got a good day get the ladies out. Went with 15 Raskal OG's, 15 BCBD Purps, and 10 Topdawg Bubba Kush 13. I am WAY out of shape! I didn't take a camera out with me today but I'll take it next time to get some pics. I found a couple nice areas of stinging nettles to plant in and they are hidden well for now. 2x2x2 holes with 1/2-3/4 super soil and some clean soil on top. Put up some chicken wire to keep the animals out and spread some animal repellant around each hole. Not sure how much to expect right now, but if I get my $500 investment back I'll be happy. I think the old lady will be rubbing me down tonight!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
LOL at bdawg's "out of shape" comment. However, you ain't really out of shape if you did all that in a day. Did you put out clones? Nice selections too. Major dank heading your way.

another_sellout they are supposed to be vegging now. So if they never flowered how can they be revegging? They have a good month and a half to be in veg. They should keep vegging and then around Aug 1 start a transition to flower.

Post up a pic. What strain is it and have you grown it before?

B

bdawgburner

Yeah they were all from clone. They were about 16" in the cups. I might put out a few more bdawg and og since I have a little soil left. Probably just use some grow bags for them.

another_sellout

another_sellout

That's my confusion. I've never seen anything like it before. The strain is Early Misty, it's my first time with it outdoor, but it had a great run indoor. The plants were popped January first, cut to clone a few times, hardened off and put outside a month ago. Now they're shocked and ugly looking. Don't have a functioning camera other than my phone, which is inadequate. It's shock of some sort. I'm just wondering if I should be replacing those that show this abnormality with smaller healthier plants. Giant amended holes are limited in availability, you know? If I've shot my yield with these, I've got others that might have a chance. I just want to make the swap before it's too late, you know? But I'd be pulling two footers for six inchers... weak.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Go with your gut. Why not just add a new plant next to the other one. Two plants in one big hole. Just feed for two. Just my 2 cents. But you need to do what your gut is telling you to do. You are the one looking at them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom