World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
another_sellout

another_sellout

I'm worried the bigger plants will shade out the smaller ones. I'm simple, you know?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I'm worried the bigger plants will shade out the smaller ones. I'm simple, you know?

OK you are worried the ones in the ground won't get big, but if you put another next to it will get too big and shade the new one.

If you put another one in the the first one gets big that is good the smaller shaded one will be a bonus. If the first one ends up fizzling out like you are worried about then the new one will grow big and the first one is just a few bonus nugs.

Or just rip out the old ones and start over.

Do what you think is best. i never said you were simple! ????

Z

zappafan99

You can lst (low stress training/tie down) the taller plants whether they are cannabis or not to open up or even out the canopy. You could remove limbs from tress, ect...just don't hurt the other plants and leave it looking natural. If you were simple you wouldn't ask the question or recognize that the plant's light could be blocked out. I would give the best plants the best spots appropriate to them and try to always treat each plant like it was the only one you have.

This thread is awesome so far everybody. Thanks Tobor. :clapping

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Motivation!

After following this thread for a while, I have decided to put some girl's out in the corn. I havn't done any plant's outside for several years. I have 30 Northern Lights and 10 SSSC Williams Wonder babies ready to go. Digging holes and amending the soil starts tommorow night! Thank's Tobor for the inspiration!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Glad to help Midnight. In the cornfield you don't need a huge hole because it was plowed. Unless it was just chisel plowed. You will know when you start digging. It isn't sweet corn is it?

It will be a fun mission.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
It should be fairly easy digging, it was a full turn over. All feed corn. Spraying was just done 2 day's ago so we are ready to rock!

another_sellout

another_sellout

Finally got a picture of these plants reveging in veg stage. Look at this bullshit. Sorry I'm not a photographer, but these plants, six of em, are all looking as wrong as this one. Ideas? (PS- It's not related to it being nitrogen deficient, which apparently the hay breaking down causes, or my Mr. Myagi bandage on it. Pre-emptive defence there.)

DSC02302
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sellout to me those plants look like they have deficeny's. the dark purple stems and light coloring of the leaves tell me that. and i can see they are starting to reveg like you said. you need to feed them and feed them heavy so it can catch up and store some of the nutes in the leaves.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice score HK. That is really cool about the seeds.

The white/erkle and the fire white are both real stinky in veg.

I will have to comprise a list of what all I have out. All the Tangerine Surprise and Tangerine Tar popped and are above ground. They seem very vigorous.

another_sellout

another_sellout

It's not one plant, it's six, all Early Misty. Looks like I'm gonna try an epsom salt foliar feed. A solid dose of Foxfarm Tomato & Veg had no effect on darkening the leaves over the past week, so it's a magnesium deficiency, probably with an underlying pH issue. I am going to have to import N to compensate for the hay composting mine away, but I've got access to some fairly old chicken bedding. Nitrogen bomb right there. The purple stems are because the plants are over 8000 feet and were frosted over through June 15th. Battling the elements on that one, nothing else. What I really want to know is how much this re-veg from veg is gonna cost my yield? Anyone have any ideas?

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Rain

Been rain moving thru my area for the last couple of day's/night's. This shit need's to stop for a minute so I can get em in the ground. My luck there will be a drought once I plant em. Lol.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It is going to effect the yield. And it could be worse because whatever is ailing them is still not fixed. So that makes it impossible to predict. If they don't get greened up and healthier there isn't going to be any yield to speak of.

It is hard to over fertilize and over water outside in the ground. So I would hit them hard with some liquid Miracle Grow mixed with Epsom Salts and water them with it.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Miracle Grow? No thanks. Stuff's poison. Says right on it "Not For Edibles". Probably good advice.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
No it doesn't!!! It is used in vegetable gardens.

mtn plot

mtn plot

Hey Tobar
I had a quick question to ask being new to all this, and was hoping you could answer it for me seeing that u know your stuff and all.

I know its probably to late this year to start any sativa dom plants, but for a refferance to next year what would be a couple that you could think of that are to your liking,and good for someone new to the game?

Or anyone on the outdoor thread im sure you all have your favorites?

Thanks Mp

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It doesn't matter if an indica or sativa as far as time to get done outside because the flowering phase does not start until August or so. The time to finish comes in with how long does your season go. We have roughly until end of october. yes many years we actually have mild weather the first couple weeks of Nov. However, if you start counting on that you end up with snow and freezing conditions on halloween. So I go by Oct 20 as end of the season for plants I am counting on. Then I have some experimental/extra long stuff just in case we get time.

A 12 week sativa will take till Nov 1 -7

11 week Oct 23-31

10 week Oct 14-21

So you might think it is as simple as finding the sativa cross and planting it. But some phenos could be longer than others so it still can be a crap shoot. Finding sativas that work takes a bit. You need to plant some and take clones during veg of summer. Then find out which ones finished in time and keep those clones. Or find them during your indoor grows.

Some sativa crosses I have had good results with are Skunk #1, C99/Thai by Wally Duck but there are phenos that don't finish by November. I also finished a pheno of Willy's Haze given to me. It was done Nov 7 even though it got ripped the night before. $%$%$

I don't do a lot of sativa outside. I did grow Skunk #1 for many years. It was acclimated to this area and finished around oct 15-20 and was very potent and tasty. cash cropped that outdoors for many years until I lost it.

Top Bottom