• Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Beautiful work Tobor! This is gonna be a good show... :cool

S

scrapiron

I figured maybe they won't notice these. It is a just for fun shot in the dark, in the man's face grow. They shouldn't get real huge. At least I don't think they will. LOL!

HAHA, I love it! Back in my younger day, had a buddy that lived in this hole-in-the-wall little town close by. Well the PoPo Station had leaves decomposing in their rain gutters. There was a small oak tree that started to grow in it... Yep, we jerked the oak out and replaced it with a magic bean. :cool0010: The plant grew to 2' until a storm blew it down on the ground. It was hilarious. Had a pic of it, but lost it due to a computer crash.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks Joker. They are just babies yet. I love them at every step of the way though.

Thank the gods that we finally got some decent rain. Since 2 am we have had 1.5" of slow but steady gentle rain. The lawn and garden already look happier.

I stumbled upon a nice size (3.5 cu feet) of Promix at a local nursery. I snatched it right up because I am fixin' to start some fun grow projects. There is going to be a cute decorative wheelbarrow grow. Starting from seed right in the dirt. It will be up and running by the weekend. Pics and info to follow soon.

I am going to do seeds made by Mole from PG. He would be pleased. The strains will be 20 seeds of (GF x NL) x (SSH x PTK) and 4 seeds of Lemon Chemo x Petrolia Headstash.

I have also been tending a couple of abandoned cemetery plots I plan on making real pretty. I added lime, bat guano, composted cow manure and will work in some promix. I am going to do The Tombstone SOG late mini grow. And I am going to use KKSC x The White and SourDawg fem seeds just to add to the excitement. I know...you guys are thinking "This maniac is going to do a seed grow on a cemetery plot" and then you think "and he is going to chance expensive genetics".. Hell yeah.

I rationalize the use of the plot like this. I set the toppled stone back on it's base after leveling the base. It has been toppled over for at least 10 years. The name was face down in the grass. It was kinda big too. I then proceeded to scrub the stone and took out the packed dirt around the engraved names. Then I weeded and made a nice planting area for future flowers that I will plant. When I harvest I have some nice perennial plants to stick in that will always be there even if nobody ever tends it again. It will look like they did a show called "Pimp my grave" there.

I am not disrespecting the dead. In fact I am improving their resting spot. Either all their family is dead or nobody cares. They got lucky that a super powerful pot smoking fat man lifted that stone back up so he could feel good about growing dope there one year. LOL! It was 4 feet long and 3 feet tall and about 6" thick. There was a reason it was still toppled over. It weighed a ton. Car jack, come-a-long and muscle. It would not have happened without the come-a-long though.

The stage is set. There is still time to grow from seed and easily time to grow from clone. They won't get as big. But if you put a seed in the ground right now and it germed right away it could easily be 4-5 feet tall by harvest. I want them to be more like 2 foot SOG budsticks. But you can still grow a bush.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Something totally freaky/weird happened. I did all the cemetery work over the course of a few days. I have been at the cemetery off and on pretty steady since Mother's Day and Memorial Day. It is the yearly routine. I just happen to be the one who always gets the family's plots in shape. I have been going to them since I was 10 years old or less.

This grave is abandoned. Nobody is ever there. Nothing is ever done. The tombstone was toppled for 10 years or more. I just set it back up 3 days ago. It was level. It is on flat land to begin with. It was pushed over 10+ years ago. I drove there a half hour ago. Figured i would mix in some of my newly obtained proMix. The tombstone is knocked over exactly the way it was before. Pushed from the back over off the base and on it's face. It isn't easy because it went over these metal pegs. and the pegs went into holes on the bottom of the tombstone. That is why I couldn't just flip it up and on. I had to get it exactly right.

Let's say it was 14-18 year olds the first time. They would be 24-28+ now. They wouldn't think the same now and would not knock it over again as soon as they saw it. Not in the name of vandalism. Could it be that somebody hated this person and knocked it over back then? They watch it and get pleasure seeing it turned over? What about the really freaky.. GHOSTS!!!

I ain't using this one now. I am going to mount a game camera in the tree near it. The same tree I attached my come-a-long to. Then I am putting that tombstone back up. I am going to get mason's epoxy or whatever when I go to the hardware store tomorrow.

Now I have another fun project. Foiling and capturing a maniacal headstone tipper or a ghost. Man I am pissed. It was a tremendous amount of labor. It was! I am old and fat for god's sake. Now I am going to have to mma/ufc pound and ground with hammerfists and knees to the face while grounded some jerk.

GAME IS ON!!!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
:D This should be very entertaining... Maybe it's the same ghost that was screwing around with Jordis' Garden.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I always seem to have some entertaining adventures during the grow season shady. A bear chasing a calf in the corn at 2 am and I had a pair of scissors for protection. The farmer and his adult son that I had to pin his son on the ground defending myself. I was only freakin fishing too. The chopper team that got my patch and left me a laminated card proclaiming that ARMY helicopter Rwhatever destroyed my plants. The time I fell into an old, covered by brush and debri half filled silo hole. It had collasped many moons ago. The rubble was in and out. I fell in at about 2 am. Turned on my light and it had like a thousand rats in it. All looking at me smacking their lips and twitching their whiskers.

Now some kinda paranormal vandal.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
I always seem to have some entertaining adventures during the grow season shady. A bear chasing a calf in the corn at 2 am and I had a pair of scissors for protection. The farmer and his adult son that I had to pin his son on the ground defending myself. I was only freakin fishing too. The chopper team that got my patch and left me a laminated card proclaiming that ARMY helicopter Rwhatever destroyed my plants. The time I fell into an old, covered by brush and debri half filled silo hole. It had collasped many moons ago. The rubble was in and out. I fell in at about 2 am. Turned on my light and it had like a thousand rats in it. All looking at me smacking their lips and twitching their whiskers.

Now some kinda paranormal vandal.

This shit is priceless Bro! Do you ever feel cursed? LOL. i'm riding with you on this, I wanna know whose fuckin with that grave stone.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That SCMK is just a nice all around plant. Good yielder, excellent flavor, great bag appeal and good potency. It is easy to grow too. The combo makes it a keeper IMHO. Glad you like it Hindu. I only have the s1 BB but I will eventually get the BB of all BBs back. Now that I have Roots Excelurator I ain't afraid to clone that BB no more. LOL! It was a bitch.

The Chemdog D, white and the ECSD will take your mind off the BB for a spell.

D

Dubwobble

IPlay4Keepz....

Super simple soil amendments are compost from your own compost bins, dolomite lime (to keep the ph in check), coco coir, some great white or other mico.

I would dig deeper, or at least wider holes.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Good pick up Dub. I never went back and gave him some input. I saw your post when I posted and meant to go back and give you an answer but I forgot at it got buried. Very sorry IPLAY4KEEPZ.

If you did 2x2 holes you will be fine. The bigger hole theory is always valid though when it comes to yield. But you have to be able to water it enough to take advantage of a huge hole. Otherwise for complete guerilla no visit I use 1 x 3' deep hole to get them down where it is damp and cool.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I did say that. I think it is fast and furious with incredible taste. It is potent but for me it has a 20 minute duration. Hey everybody else loves it. I don't know why it doesn't have the same effect on me. I couldn't get rid of it though because it is the real ECSD clone. It is a big yielder too. Your med patient friends will love it and be stalking you for it.

It could have roots half as big as the plant or roots just the size of a soccer ball. If you are talking about a seed start than I would say the tap root is down at least 2/3 as deep as the plant is tall. If you do great with this seed start Hindu I will be all over it next year.

M

mc1969

alls well here every thing is goin smooth heres some pics of some back yard stuff a few lemon skunk a sinsi star a sourstar and the bed where i will do my outdoor sog with clones from all my outdoor stuff and a couple papaya from seed . stay safe

B

bdawgburner

Ive had terrible luck getting everything out and in the ground. I have them vegging in cups outside right now, but every time I've had time to go to the spot to plant it storms like crazy! My question is: is it even worth putting them in the ground this late or should I just consider it a wash and do a tent run with these clones? I dont want them going back in my flower room after they've been outside for a month in cups.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If I was planting the corn I would not plant my clones until after June 18th to avoid any spray. They would be in styro cups when transplanted. They would be 10 feet tall. Just like the ones on the first page.

I am getting ready to do some seed runs and than late season minis. Rooted clones, maybe a week rooted, put out in small cup size holes on in small pots. Little half ounce to 1 ounce bud sticks waiting to happen.

You got time bdawgburner. Now all you zombies show your faces... Go Hooters. LOL!

H

headinthetrees

People care way too much about stains if you ask me. Dank is dank. If its grown well, without a bunch of bullshit chems fed into it I'll enjoy it.

Hope your gg goes well, I'll be doing a bit of my own this year. Only I'll be doing it on my own land. =) Just in case anything happens to my gardens, I'd like a little bit of back up smoke/food.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I know why the tombstone toppled again. I cracked it up the middle when trying to get it on the pegs. A one foot section split off and slid to the ground and then it was like a tree going over. When I lifted it up I saw what happened. Laying there I couldn't tell until I lifted it. Nothing freaky happened except it brought attention to the project. Peole couldn't believe they saw it standing one day and then over the next. Some guy came back and helped me fix it. I cemented it shut with some kind of goop this guy had. Then we let it lay there for a couple days. We just got it stood up tonight. This time I used and engine lift off the back of a pickup truck and it was actually easy. We cemented it to the base. Then when we were done the guy said "This will probably never hold." WTF??? Oh well, I done my good deed. I also am doing the grow at a different cemetery. LOL!

I got my remaining plants that were destined for 5 gallon buckets all done. I have 8 buckets planted now.

My wife won't let me use the antique metal wheel wheelbarrow because I wouldn't let her use it a few years ago to plant flowers in. I said I used it too much. LOL! BUSTED!!! So I am doing it in a 18 gallon rubbermaid container and a 10 gallon one. I also have changed the seeds I am using. I couldn't get the GF/NL x SSH/PTK to pop. I am going to save the Lemon Chemo x petrolia for a seed run. I only have 4 seeds. So I am using some seeds I really am interested in just because of the name and who gave me them. I want something different. So I am going with Tangerine Surprise and Orig Diesel x Tangerine Tar. here they are. They are soaking right now.

DSCN0624
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are some pics of the Fire Whites and Chemdog D when I transplanted them to their new 5 gallon bucket homes.

The 1st pic is my potting mix in the wheelbarrow I am not allowed to plant in. I basically did the buckets and the rubbermaids with the same mix but with some differences in the containers as I will explain.

They all got holes drilled in the bottom. I then lined the bottom with landscaper's cloth to cover the holes from soil but lets out the water. Then I put it a few inches of ProMix to cover the cloth. Then I put down a 2" layer of semi fresh rabbit manure and filled the buckets up with my soil mix.

My soil mix is ProMix, Organic Mechanic potting mix, dark garden soil, composted cow manure, bat guano and extra perlite. Organic Mechanic is peat free and has worm castings and mulched up organic matter. I never used it before but it is kind of gourmet and I love worm castings.

Then I did basically the same thing for the rubbermaids. Except I added more rabbit manure and only filled them 3/4 ways with my mix. I then topped them off with straight unfertilized plain proMix so the seedlings won't get any feed until they have at least 6 inch roots and probably a few sets of leaves. Then they can feed. They won't hit the rabbit manure for 6 weeks or so. Just in time for an extra start of flower boost.

The seeds will soak and then when they start to crack I will sow them directly into the rubbermaids and put the lids on until they emerge from the ground. A cheese cloth cover for a few days and then full sun and away we go.

The stuff in the gray plastic wheelbarrow is the rabbit manure. And the pile on the floor is stuff I hacked off to make more branching and bottom crap.

DSCN0613
DSCN0625
DSCN0614
DSCN0615
DSCN0616
DSCN0617
DSCN0618
DSCN0619
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The last few pics are a coffee can with about 30 Fire White cuttings from 2 plants. I don't know why anybody ever complains about paying some big money for genetics. I will easily get 60+ cuttings from 6 seedlings and I could get hundreds if I wanted.

The very last pics is a few Chemdog D cuttings. I am fixin' to make a pretty good late mini run with cuttings plus I have been hooking up some local friends with plenty of sweet clones. They think I make the names up like Purple Urkle White and KKSC White. They have no idea how valuable those cuts are on a monetary level and a smoke stash level. They will soon enough though.

Next few days pics of the tombstone SOG site.

I must have forgot to take pics of the finished 5 gallon buckets. I will post them tomorrow.

We have gotten lovely rains here the past 3 days. The world has greened up around here.

It isn't to late to start yet. Even from seed. Just do it!!

Later!

DSCN0621
DSCN0622
DSCN0623
DSCN0636
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I am going to aim for ONE POUND from those rubbermaids. Yes I said ONE POUND! Hey I am using a really big light. THE SUN!! I think I can do it. Pound off the big one and half pound off the little one and I haven't even planted the seeds yet. It was easy to get ready too and pretty cheap. I had the buckets and containers and I spent $60 on ingredients.

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!

Top Bottom