World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Illmind

Illmind

Nice white fires, I've been trying to get these ever since I grew 1 bean of it last year od. The 1 pheno I got was killer. Definitely keep us updated on how those go I got some str8 up jamaican seeds that I know are special, I just don't know if they're od or id strain. Couldn't understand him very well but pretty sure he said it's called the jamrock pineapple out there and it has been around and a fav among the locals for 15 years now so it could be acclimated to jamaica which I hope not. Find out some day I guess.

C

cheech

i notice a lot of you talking about snow on the ground. i'm in Michigan. my problem is that the sun here is great from june to mid sept but then by mid sept on it starts getting cold and wet. My buds end up flowering when the suns getting weaker and then usually get rot because by the time they're done in october it's cold/wet. i've bought strains that said they finish in sept, but they never did, and it always left me wondering if they only finished in sept if you planted them way south of where I'm at. Any advice on a strain by a well known breeder that will for sure finish on time for me? I don't really want to mess with autoflowering strains, and would prefer one that would do well indoors also, so i don't have to have moms for indoors and outdoors. Right now I'm planning on using the plants that I'm doing indoors which are TH Seeds chocolate chunk, DNA pure afghan, and Serious seeds chronic. Advice appreciated!

I don't have much to contribute other than to say I'm keeping it simple this year. Every time I try to do more than just dig a small hole and place a plant in it... well... I don't get what I put into it that's for sure. Hauling dirt around outdoors when your guerrilla farming is a pita. Only thing I want to look into is a battery powered pump so I can plant further from my usual spot and transfer water when needed without making much noise.

W

woodspirit56

I only had time this morning to read about half this thread but so far have learned a lot! I will finish reading all the thread later when time permits. I am a new outdoor grower (I hope) and will keep this thread posted on how I make out as a newbie. I feel kind of intimidated by all the experience on here but maybe my posts will help encourage other newbies to try!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Cheech I would think the Afghan would give you the best chance of success. The conditions you are describing happen here in Pa to some extent. I try to find stuff that finishes as close to Oct 1st as I can get.

There are some things you can do to improve conditions.

1. Maximize air circulation around the plant by trimming lower branches and some center branches before bud formation. Also cut surrounding weeds.

2. Plant in an area where you get morning sun right away. This way the dew and overnight rains get dried as quick as possible. If I have a choice between morning sun early and shadows after 5 PM or shadows morning and sun after 5 PM I always choose morning sun.

3. Preventative treatments such as aspirin water, green cure and there is an organic treatment that eats mold (can't think of name right now) that you need to start using before the mold starts and during the rains when you can.

4. About September put a good layer of lime on top of the soil and around the plant. It can kill mold. Lots of molds are actually on the ground just waiting to spread somewhere.

5. Avoid planting under trees if you have a history of mold. Bird droppings and insect droppings are a major source of mold starting. It gets on your plant and it has mold spores in it or gives a nice medium for mold to start in.

Sometimes the conditions are such that you just can't pull a grow off outside. Last year was bud rot city in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic states. It sucks. Most years around here we get the cool, rainy weather at some point. It can be mid to late September and then often it gets sunnier and dry mid October on. That is really frustrating. Because you get some rot started, cut stuff to save it but then the last 2 weeks of October and 1st week of November are super nice and I am thinking "hell I coud have left stuff or if I knew this I could have planted a longer flowering sativa.

I don't haul dirt for most of my grows outside. I just dig up the soil and amend it with some lime if needed and use chemical ferts. It's hard enough doing an outdoor grow let alone making it organic. If you just do a few holes it can easily be done. If you do a a hundred guerilla holes it is not practical.

Michigan should have nice soil. Pennsylvania has great natural soil in most parts.

You are in a tough spot to do an outdoor grow though. You probably have lots of water vapor in the air from the lakes and you are a bit farther north.

Guerilla Gold and Guerilla Gold crosses might work. Danish Passion and lots of pure afghani are done before October.

That's the best I can do to help. Maybe some Michigan growers will stop in.

MOLD AND BUD ROT SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!

M

Malachi

Just bought 2 of these to try out this year. I am going to make a DIY filter and stick this in the brook by my spot I scouted out. I will try to run 25- 1/2gph drip emitters from each setup.

Edit: Forgot the link

mack 10

mack 10

hay Tobar great thread bro, over here in uk our weather usully sucks ass, but as we gorillas know fortune favours the brave,gonna try some esben strains,which finish early in denmark etc,so should do fine here.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
UK growers are some of the most tenacious, dedicated growers around. If anybody has experience with too much rain it is UK growers. Esbe has a lot of stuff that works for short season cold clammy conditions that still have good/great potency.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have been thinking about playing with one of those solar pumps for the past couple years. They keep getting bigger and better and really have potential now.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
hello woodspirit and welcome. Speaking for myself don't be intimidated by me guy. I have experience yes but I am a hacker that just keeps plugging away. I made many mistakes along the way. It just took awhile to learn the basic things that maximize the chances of the harvest.

1. You have to plant something.
2. Dig a decent hole
3. Use a fence
4. Choose a good location

The saying of Plant 3 times what you need also applies. One for you, one for the cops and 1 for the thieves. I say 4 because you need one for catastrophic disasters like bugs/criitters/mother nature. LOL!

JUST DO IT! Trust your green thumb.

budfriend

budfriend

oh just thought about this question. Never done outdoors but have been looking at cannon for years.

what is the best way to get water if a stream is near by besides carriing

C

cheech

Tober, I used green cure last season and it did a great job of preventing mold and keeping mold that had already started in check. I'm going to try that lime idea in Sept. I've seen a lot of growers do it a cpl months before they grow to correct the ph, but to be honest I'm not sure what my soil ph is. It's good clay/loam soil, I know that much. Last year i spread some 20-20-20 granular on top of the soil, this year I'll probably mix it in with the soil. I'm just going to dig a descent hole, then just place the dirt right back in it, but break/looser it up some. Or put a 4'' auger on the back of our tractor and drill 300 holes in misc. spots and just slide the plants in when their ready.

Also, we have a lot of deer on the farm that I grow at... I've never used a fence. I just take a dump at my grow spot and pee on the surrounding vegetation(not my plants). I also bring my dog and let him walk around hoping his scent will spread. The only pests I have are bugs and those crazy human things.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
hey tabor,nice thread! I found a corn field that goes forever,its gonna be a long summer...............shamus

X

XxchemoxX

i notice a lot of you talking about snow on the ground. i'm in Michigan. my problem is that the sun here is great from june to mid sept but then by mid sept on it starts getting cold and wet. My buds end up flowering when the suns getting weaker and then usually get rot because by the time they're done in october it's cold/wet. i've bought strains that said they finish in sept, but they never did, and it always left me wondering if they only finished in sept if you planted them way south of where I'm at. Any advice on a strain by a well known breeder that will for sure finish on time for me? I don't really want to mess with autoflowering strains, and would prefer one that would do well indoors also, so i don't have to have moms for indoors and outdoors. Right now I'm planning on using the plants that I'm doing indoors which are TH Seeds chocolate chunk, DNA pure afghan, and Serious seeds chronic. Advice appreciated!

I don't have much to contribute other than to say I'm keeping it simple this year. Every time I try to do more than just dig a small hole and place a plant in it... well... I don't get what I put into it that's for sure. Hauling dirt around outdoors when your guerrilla farming is a pita. Only thing I want to look into is a battery powered pump so I can plant further from my usual spot and transfer water when needed without making much noise.

Cheech i would also reccomend some mighty might... outdoor harvest is mid august go on hemp depot and check it outt.. peace

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Cheech I have lots of deer in these parts and they never have been my main problem. Rabbits are a problem but the worst pest is a groundhog. Nothing seems to really stop them. They can munch all the leaves off a 2 foot plant like a salad. Those are the two that I think require a fence.

All the outdoor threads though have people that swear by the methods you use and I think they do work on deer. But groundhogs are fat plant eating pigs. LOL!

Do you have them around you?

Budfriend I have never done anything but carry the water I need. I mostly try to eliminate the need for watering by planting them as deep as I can. If I have a 2 foot plant after I plant it there is only about 3-4 inches above ground. All the underground leaves and branches are cut off and will grow roots from those spots. Those roots will get the new rain water and the bottom rootball will be down where hopefully it doesn't dry out. I have only had to water during extreme droughts. Most summers the majority of my plants never get watered. I fert them good in the spring and I come back around August and give them a good shot of flowering ferts. This decreases the chance of making a trail. Those solar pumps or battery pump and they have hand pumps that you could use but you have to run tubing and that has to be hidden.

Leave no trail is the battle cry after planting. In the spring when nothing has really started to grow trail making is not a problem yet. I go and dig my hole and prep it in early April. Then around May 15 I start to plant. After that the surrounding grasses and vegetation start to grow so wherever you walked gets grown in because it is spring and things grow. Now you have a planted, fenced and fertilized plant and no trail or whatever trail was there grows in and quickly fades.

It is after the spring when things grow in that you will trample that make a trail. Each visit tramples more and the trail gets visible. Especially when the new growth is short and tender. If you go back in August the weeds are taller and tougher. You can place your foot between them and avoid smashing them down.

Here is an example of coyote tactics. I like to plant along small streams maybe 50 yards back from the water. I typically walk upstream (in the water, no trail) and walk in 100 feet past where the direct line into my plant would be. Then walk in about half the distance and then go the opposite way from my plant. Hop and jump onto rocks, bases of trees and bare spot for 25 feet and then go in about the distance your plants are at. Now hop and jump until you are at your plant. Nobody walking that stream is going to see a trail to your plant. Even if they see where you or an animal made a path out of the stream it doesn't lead to your plant. They will lose the way as soon as your hopping method started. Then after you flower fert you hop and jump your way out.

When you go back to harvest a trail doesn't matter. Get in, clean up and get out. Hide your fence around the area if the spot was productive. It will age and get harder to see next year.

If you don't know when the plant will be ready and have to check you have to coyote back in and check because you will have to come back later to harvest.

In a perfect scenario it would be 4 visits.

1. Dig holes
2. plant and fence
3. August flower ferts
4. October harvest

M

mc1969

i also start planting around the 2nd or 3rd week of may. startin to get real restless got some good news from a buddy gonna throw some plants out one his 170 acre farm that has 5 ponds go campin there a lot so got some good spots already scoped out gonna be a good year . heres some updated pics and my Third Dimension about 3 weeks in i love this smoke

C

cheech

i'll be looking into the west coast seed co now. I never had heard of them with their august and early sept flowering strains. i've always bought from attitude and they don't carry wsc.

no ground hogs here tober. beavers and muscrats, but they've never been a problem. rabbits are a problem but i swear my poo keeps then in check(to a certain degree). i have walked up to my patches and seen rabbits around the perimeter working up the nerve to eat my livelihood.

i also am going to plant in areas that have good water holding capacity so i won't have to supplement, which won't be a problem. reason is that it is so f'ing difficult to transport water. Last year i was using a rhino utv with a 50 gal watering container in the bed. then i had 2 hoses, one 5' hose that i would use to siphon the water, and a long hose that would continue it to the plants via gravity. i thought this was genious, until one of my patches was completely ripped off! i'm no good at being quiet, so staying away as much as possible is good. live and learn!

on a positive note.. my dad said he was flying over our property with a friend a few weeks ago, and he said that he was shocked how small everything looked. then i pointed to a plane that was flying over(didn't seem to far away at all) and asked if he was about that far off and he said yes :).. i always thought those little planes flying low had a much much better view.

Cosala562

Cosala562

My first time in this web site. i got my OG SOUR plant growing outdoor

C

cheech

get some picks up cosala. also, tober... you better take some picks of this grow you've got planned out... i'm talkin pics of the stream you're walking up and everything lol. i'm psyched to see this.... really like the idea of walking in a stream to the plants to avoid leaving tracks.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
get some picks up cosala. also, tober... you better take some picks of this grow you've got planned out... i'm talkin pics of the stream you're walking up and everything lol. i'm psyched to see this.... really like the idea of walking in a stream to the plants to avoid leaving tracks.

LOL! It will be like a wilderness documentary. I did put up some nice threads on PG with all the pics that you are hoping for. There were a few others who really put on a nice thread show too. I mean ones showing beaver ponds, deer, moose, bears, fenced pot plants towering in the sun. Not counting the backyard people even though they put up some mighty nice plant pics it isn't guerilla growing. The main guerilla outdoor grow threads year to year were the Mole, Captain Skunk, Northern Dude and Fat Freddy's Cat (that was me).

Captain Skunk piled all his stuff in a boat and went on his yearly river ride to some secluded river island and did some seriously cool planting. It was a real expedition to plant. Then he would go back half way through the season and have to hack down all these huge weeds. You would not even see his plants. Then after weeding there they would be 4 and 5 footers. Then he would go back in fall and harvest some monsters.

Northern Dude lived up in Canada and out his backdoor it was the canadian wilderness complete with moose and beaver ponds. He had a short season but his pics were like a coffee table book of the wilderness.

The Mole was my favorite. He was the breeder of Uranium Cranium. Huge yielding plants. He had a tremendous green thumb and was the ultimate DIY grower. He built all kinds of pot growing devices. He would have plants so huge they would split their trunks. Then he would document the entire duct taping of the trunk. A month later or so and he would harvest a totally fine duct taped behemoth.

He cloned in ice cream containers and he made a hash press that he drove his car on to press. LOL! His home made hash tumbler was awesome. One time he ask if I wanted to try some weed. I said sure. He sent me 13 mason jars of 6 different strains. It was like 7 ounces or more. LOL! The box was a box in a box. Each box was glued completely shut. If he ask do you want some clones. You would get like 20 rooted ones in 16 ounce cups with the dirt taped over and another cup on top of that cup and taped. The box could be dropped down a flight of stairs and the clones couldn't be hurt. It would be double boxed and the inner box was lined with foam board.

That is the kind of thread you are going to get from me. As if that wasn't gonna be enough now I have to take pictures while I wade the streams. %$%$#$ Deer, bear and 10 foot pot plants just don't cut it no more.

Brace yourself cheech my threads are better than a brown dirt warrior movie and I always have a better harvest than him. In my movie when BDW is burning all his clothing at the end of the movie (and I told him this) while he is standing there a fat man comes out of the woods wearing a T-shirt and sweat pants and smoking a joint (me). I pick him up and airplane spin him and then body slam him to the ground for wasting all that effort, making his plots too big and they got found and only harvesting a little weed in a duffle bag.

This thread is going to be one for the ages. STAY TUNED!!

Top Bottom