World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Full speed ahead. I am going to pull off a mega harvest.

In the fall when the leaves turn brown,
Tobor the 8th Man will wear the harvest crown!

D

DrDanko

Really looking forward to this thread. I made one really poor attempt at a guerrilla about 3 years ago. Got too paranoid and once I got them planted, I didn't go back for a month and they shriveled up. They were only about 4-5 nodes when planted outdoors so not well-established. Anyway, I live in a city of about 230,000 but it's super spread out. and beyond that the territory on the outskirts of town mostly has houses for miles as well. Density of housing decreases, but you really have to go 35-40 miles to really get away from suburbs. So I'm gonna try a plot that's gonna end up being about 50-75 yards from a subdivision, but on private land and across a farm field. I don't actually plant in the corn field, but in some shrubs next to the fields. Anyway, new experience. Hopefully I can keep up the nerve. Not a terribly paranoid person, but I like to control my environments as much as possibly(meaning being as safe as possible). Gonna throw out probably 10-15 in different areas there, and also gonna scout out another spot soon. I have a couple areas in mind. I'll most likely be running a bunch of OGR gear. Strawberry X-18, White Fire, Fire Bubba, White Erkle. Also a couple freebies I received from the farm(I always gift at least half to another grower to pass on the love)....Some Jack Herer, and Kandahar Afghani from Delta-9(was hard to read on package but this is what I was told it was, i trust the source but couldn't find any info on the strain anywhere. Either way, I love Afghani!). And probably some Hog, MK-Ultra, Grapefruit Diesel, and Super Skunk. Hopefully I'll have my new cam by then! We can't post any vids on here, can we? That would be awesome if we could do it safely! I'm sure it's been addressed before, i digress. Good luck to everyone! Stay safe! DrD.

B

boroboro

get some picks up cosala. also, tober... you better take some picks of this grow you've got planned out... i'm talkin pics of the stream you're walking up and everything lol. i'm psyched to see this.... really like the idea of walking in a stream to the plants to avoid leaving tracks.

I try to enter my marshy / swampy grow spots by following deer trails that are slightly underwater. Then when I get to the right overall area I jump out of the deer trail, trying to avoid leaving another side trail to follow.

Also wearing different shoes that are the wrong size -- pretty clear footprints are left in that wet ground.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Tobor, Wow!! FatFredysCat !! Way cool i have been reading you for awhile now !! Nice very nice !! Thank You for all the usefull info. !! monkey5

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
boro was using the jump technique. I wish I had a swamp around here to plant. I would be all over it.

Glad I could be of some use Monkey5. I had a high entertainment level too.

I love getting ready for the outdoor. It has a dual purpose too. Not only are you trying to achieve an outdoor mother lode at harvest time but you can pop a lot of seeds and search for the keepers for your indoor. I always keep a clone of every new female seedling. That way come fall you have one of the keepers. You can start and grow out a lot more seeds than you can just running stuff indoors. You can also just wait until late July to take your cuttings from the plants you like. Then keep them if they pass the smoke test.

here are some of my seedlings for this year. These are 11 days old from the time the seed was put in soil.

I have some that just popped out of the soil too and will keep starting seeds for the next few weeks. The search for females has begun. Well the Purple Whites and White Fires are all females. WOOHOO!

DSCN0413
DSCN0414
DSCN0415
DSCN0416
DSCN0417
DSCN0418
DSCN0419
DSCN0420
DSCN0421
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
here is a pic of the 20 ounce styrofoam cups I transplant them to. And a picture of them all transplanted and basking under the floro tubes. Years ago my wife ask me once why I needed so many shop lights. Now she knows. You can't have too many lights of every kind. When upgrading I never get rid of old equipment because it always comes in handy.

I always make sure I start plenty of seeds because you will cull many males.

I also reuse my cups from year to year as long as I can. It saves a lot of work having to punch holes in new cups every year and it is better for the planet.

DSCN0422
DSCN0423
DSCN0424
shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
hey 8th. outdoor is my specialty!! one area I had groundhog probs about ten years ago and my brother showed me a trick.sounds bad,BUT use used cat litter and because groundhogs are so picky they wont go back to those sights ever again.It can clean a whole field.I do a rotating cycle of spots every year and when I cycle back to the first field not a hog in sight.........shamus

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks shamus now I have to carry used cat litter with me like I didn't have enough already. LOL!

Hey I have cats and I have major groundhog problems. Looks like it is experiment time.

Dr Danko it is better to be paranoid than not scared at all to grow. Fear enhances your inner coyote to be extra sneaky. I am with you. I love afghani. I have grown my share especially in the 70's. You can find everything from fruity to skunky to coffee smelling phenos. i think lots of the elites and premium strains can be traced back to an afghani. We all used to smoke and grow the ghangi around my parts in the 70's. You can always count on them finishing by early October or sooner, not be real big but yield very well and will have good to excellent potency.

I haven't started my ghangi seeds yet but they soon will get there turn. They all get 3-4 feet with a big main cola with some decent side branches but you notice the single football size top bud.

C

cheech

tober if you have any bookmarks of some good outdoor threads of yours or others please post them. i was googling +pg +the names of some of those growers you mentioned but couldn't find anything.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Planet Ganja is no longer in existence. That is where my major threads were. I have/had some stuff on ICMag but they removed a lot of posts and threads over there that mentioned other vendors wares and I grew and posted about every vendor I used. So they went "poof".

I will have to get around one day and take off all my pics from my old computer. I just have mostly my cornfield plants on this computer. But at the end of this thread you will see specimens like these 9-12 foot ladies.

Head2
Head3
Hipcat2
Kenti
Kenti3
Pro
Pro9
Taski2
Taski5
Taski91
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
here are a few more including some Chemdog D and SCMK. I did have a pic of my fencing method. This is how every plant in the wilds is done.

DSCN0317
DSCN0318
DSCN0320
DSCN0293
C99thai2
Skmk2
White
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Making chicken wire baskets have always made good gopher protection for me. They look just like yours Tobor where you just loop the ends together, but you also then fold the bottom in to make a basket. Just cut a piece long enough to either put in the hole beneath your plant (or place your grow bag in). The roots may eventually outgrow the basket, but they will be protected until they are well established. Buying wider chicken wire makes it so the wire can also stick up above the ground enough to protect the young veg-lings from rabbits, mice, and even deer depending on how high above the ground it comes. I would take pics if my camera didn't bite the dust, literally, at burning man

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
I did a satori, ganesh,speed queen,mandala #1,hash berry last year..I,ll have to post next fall.stay away from the speed queen the mold is really bad, tried twice and no luck....hey 8th is that second pic up the blueberry......looks just like my blue I ran last year......

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
500lb that is a great idea with the basket. I have lost an occasional plant to a gopher. That wouldn't take that much work either. How dare you come in here and teach me something. LOL! I love sites like this. There is always new info and techniques that make us all better at this.

Shamus the 2nd pic up is a Chemdog D. I did do some BB outside though. I ran Speed Queen one year and it was a mold magnet just like Sour Bubble and Bubba Kush outside.

T

themist

Nice thread Tobor! I like this idea of an all inclusive thread, since I never seem to be able to really post as much as I think I should in my own.

I am a seasoned OD guy, been at it since '94. I have the same groundhog problem (being SE PA), and I've had them eat many a plant. The funny thing is, they always leave the buds laying on the ground, perfectly trimmed. But, they have no sense of timing, so they always harvest early.

My method is thus: I dig a two foot across by two or three foot deep hole. I only take out the top half, and mix half of my amendments into the hole, then replace the top half and mix in the rest of the stuff. Then I lay in the plant, and set the cage. I buy three foot wire so that I can twist the cage down into the loose soil six inches or so, then use the shovel handle to firm it up inside and outside right next to the cage. After the first watering, the soil hardens, and it's hard to pull them out. I then fold over the top of the cage, since I've had deer stick their neck in there and eat the plant. But, you have to know your strains so you don't miss the out on opening the cage. Or, you can use well topped clones, so that they grow out the sides anyway.

My amendments are: bone meal, urea nitrogen (use wisely, it's easy to burn with this stuff), lime, azomite, and soil moist. This year I got the 7-7-7 soil moist, since last year I had some potassium deficiency, but it may be from too many years in the same holes. The soil moist makes it so that, unless we go a month without water early in the year (before july 4th), you never have to water. I've gone years without it, but the size of the plants is way different for me. I grow kali mist almost every year. without the soil moist I get five to seven footers, with it I get some to go twelve feet.

I went with a lot of femmed seeds this year because my clone supplier lost his indoor location. I'm not totally excited about this, but I went with companies that I, or someone I know personally has grown without hermi's. I also have a few regular seeds that I'll start late, in cups outdoor, and transplant after sexing, or about july 4th. This is also my cutoff date for outdoor planting. I find that if I get 'em in before then, I'll get four footers out of the deal. Also, if you don't top them, as I do, they'll grow like a flowered clone, and SOG is easily achieved.

Looking forward to this year, I just hope I do better than last year. I put out thirty, but harvested less than half. This year I want to put out about five hundred between me and two other guys. I've grown multiple years with both, so I'm not worried about any shadiness. The one had cancer last year, and we didn't pull a good harvest, so he was assed out, and actually had to take the meds they give you.

Here's my amendments, and seeds, since I have no clones this year. Hence, no pics of any leafy greens yet. You guys are killing me with your pics, I'm chomping at the bit to get started.

Photo0128
Photo0129
Top Bottom