World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrDanko

That's a steller line-up there Hindu! And Tabor, your seedlings are coming along nicely. I've got 25 clones rooted that I will take cuttings from. These are just part-time momma's as they will be the biggest I plant outdoors. Also will be popping some more seeds shortly. I plan to plant outdoors around May 20-28th, and they will be nice-sized bushes by then so hoping for some monsters!
Here's my line-up:
Super Skunk(Clone, originally from Sensi)
The Hog(Clone, originally from THSeeds)
MK-Ultra(Clone, originally from THSeeds)
Mr. Nice(Seeds, from the original clone that was selfed)
Fire Bubba(Seeds, from OGRaskal)
Strawberry X-18(Seeds, from OGRaskal)
White Fire(Seeds, from OGRaskal)
White Erkle(Seeds, from OGRaskal)
Jack Herer(Freebie beans from Farm and 'green81'; split with friend who's new grower)

So I think I have a solid line-up. Hopefully have some pics up soon of clones. DrD.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You think you have a solid line-up???

Could Babe Ruth hit?
Could Pele play soccer?
Is Canada good in hockey?

That line-up is awesome.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks for that reminder HK. I completely forgot about my other container of seeds. LOL! I am going to pop some of them asap.

D

DrDanko

You think you have a solid line-up???

Could Babe Ruth hit?
Could Pele play soccer?
Is Canada good in hockey?

That line-up is awesome.

Yeah, I guess maybe you're right, it's a solid line-up. It's just that I've only been on this site and a few like it since November. And it wasn't long after I joined that I realized that a majority of the seed stock I had been saving up only consisted of mostly average to above average genetics. So I decided to gift a majority of the seeds I'd saved to friends(probably 15 strains, 5-10 seeds each). Before educating myself on the great breeders here, my favs were Mr. Nice and THSeeds, although I grew some Greenhouse with pretty decent results, especially for the price. I've always been a mostly indica guy, and I always wanted to let the Hog loose outdoors, so I kept her along with some MK-Ultra beans(both from THSeeds). I also kept some Great White Shark(a fav of mine, although I'm sure there are better versions out there), and Sweet Tooth from Barneys Farm. I was really disappointed with the Barneys stuff I've run. I've gotten some above average plants, but nothing to get too excited about. I also learned AFTER buying them, that they breed their strains to be smoked as soon as they are done drying. Little to no cure. THAT"S CRAZY! But I'm very excited about the OGR strains for sure! Anyway, catch you all soon. DrD.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Where did you read that about strains with no cure time? The Hog is an interesting strain and many people love it for sure.

The seedlings are really growing strong. They have 4 and 5 leaf sets and are nice and green. Some of them have used up the color in their cotyledons and will be getting some food soon.

These are the GDP x BC, Purple Urkel x the White and Kushberry. There are 5 Aliendawg F2 too. You can see how much they have grown in a week since post 113 on page 12. The seeds were put in soil 3 weeks ago so basically 2 weeks above ground.

Things are moving along. Still waiting on the KKSC, scmk x white and sourdawgs to arrive because I want to get a few of them started too.

DSCN0468
DSCN0470
DSCN0469
DSCN0471
DSCN0472
DSCN0473
DSCN0474
DSCN0475
DSCN0476
The Joker

The Joker

How did I miss this man ? Now I have to go back and read 14 pages!!!! tagged and pulling up a chair.

Edit: Ok , I have to try that S1. I got the BB to root with Root Excellerator, seriously changed my life. I have 8 going right now and am going to run a BB scrog next run.

Are you saying that S1 has the same taste, but is easier to clone? Is it as good yield wise?

Maybe I need to make a bunch of S1's of her. I don't know what caused her to hermie, she was babied outdoors.

Nice. Ok now I'm on page two.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The s1 to me has a better aroma. It smells like blueberries growing and in the bag has a blueberry hash smell. It doesn't have the blueberry flavor like the other though. It has an excellent juicy fruit gum and hash flavor though. It is potent but has more sativa head. It is nice but when I smoked the other BB with people they would say they were wrecked.

Sweet Diesel and I both agree the original is better. And even though the original is definitely more potent it isn't a one sided victory. Cured up the smell is special on the S1 and I like the fruity/hash flavor more but if you want "no doubt blueberry flavor and clunked over the head stoned the original wins.

It clones easier but not as easy as I first thought. But much easier than the original for me. hashcraver used to clone that BB like mad though and mass produced clones for outside one year.

Is that the House and Garden Root Excelurator?

The Joker

The Joker

Yes. In cold temps I got roots in 10 days on 12 BB cuts. 1ml per gallon. I use syringes to make a quart. Soak the cuts overnight in it, then foliar spray. Now I can clone anything.

M

mc1969

good score today about 3000 pounds of rabbit manure .this stuff is a great fert. the plant below has had nothing but a mix of rabbit manure greensand and molasses every watering .

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! What a score. Rabbit manure is absolutely the best. I get small 50 lb or so batches a few times a year. Well composted rabbit crap is my favorite fertilizer. You lucky, lucky ganja grower.

M

Malachi

I scored 2 truck loads of chicken shit last fall, I mixed it with some promix, some compost and some soil. I need to get out there and add some epsom salts and dolomite lime and mix it up real good. I love the chicken shit because its not just manure but has urea also. I have used it for the last 2 years and it works awesome. I haven't had the pleasure of using rabbit turds yet though.

M

mc1969

its great it can be used fresh or composted i like to mix in some green sand mushroom compost and Azomite

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have been messing around with my mix HK. I mixed 1 part Generic black potting soil mixed with 2 parts soilless Promix (coco and peat based). Then I add worm castings, composted cow manure, dolomite lime and a generous amount of perlite.

Purple Urkel is indica like and so is the white so they better look indica like. LOL!

When are you going to start popping or are you doing all on site germinating? I used to do it that way a lot some years. I had all afghani or skunk #1 seeds and a bunch of them so I would put 2 or 3 in the same hole and pull the males later on.

The Joker

The Joker

Ok, so now I want to scout. I am near a large river with lots of marshes. But it is heavily travelled with canoers and fisherman. I wonder if it's possible to plant in the marshy soil or will it be too much water? Thats my only option since on my property is now too dangerous.

W

Weedseed

Mtg

Ofcourse one cant go wrong with G13/SD....very nice performer.

A friend and I have been growing MTG indors and out for several years.The G13/SD comment made me think of her.
MTG was bred by American Grower and is Matanuska Thnderfuck x G13 X sour d.

B

boroboro

Ok, so now I want to scout. I am near a large river with lots of marshes. But it is heavily travelled with canoers and fisherman. I wonder if it's possible to plant in the marshy soil or will it be too much water? Thats my only option since on my property is now too dangerous.

Do you know how the marsh water level changes through the summer? I think you need to know that first, or keep the plants in grow bags or buckets that can be adjusted or moved through the summer.

What I do is find the right spot in the marsh to plant, then dig up the native growth, digging down through the roots and such as much as I can manage. Then I fill in with the soil/coco/whatever mix that I've carried in, building up a mound high enough to place the plant above the water table. Since the mound starts down at or below the water table, the plants get plenty of water.

The problem with this, though, is that you need to really know how the water table changes through the season. Around here it's pretty stable, usually only going down 6-10" through the summer. I planted one plot in early June, though, and was immediately greeted with a very rainy 2 week period. When I went back to the spot a month later the plants had all drowned and died, since the water level had risen instead of falling as I thought it would.

D

dudemandingo

This will be my first outdoor guerrilla gro, i have indoor experience but im excited to start outdoors. My goal is 60lbs with 215 feminized northern lights planted in 15 different scattered patches with a southern exposure, and a stream right over the next hill. This area is at 1900 ft above sea level on the east coast..

Im planning on using 4 gallon plastic planter bags, and still thinking about fencing, but not sure if that would attract more attention. I was planning on using copper wire for the slug control, and planting dandelions to divert the rabbits..

I cannot start indoors so i will have a potting soil mixture prepaired in jiffy pots and plant the germinated seeds all at once in a couple of weeks..

Ill use this as a journal board ill post pics ad updates, and im hopeing to learn as i go along this process with everyone here.

one question..to save time and funds, would it be smart to sift the soil already on location and mix with other ingredients to make a complete fertilized soil, or should i just buy every component of the soil and bring it all to the mountain..?

The Joker

The Joker

boroboro: Thanks for that. I do not want to announce the location, but it is about a mile from the river mouth as it enters a massive bay that has a huge daily tide surge. I have noticed that the river levels do go up and down with the tides. But I was thinking of going up river further away from the river mouth. In this river, one bank is being eaten away and the other is recieving deposits. People ( assholes) have abandoned boats in what was water , but is now marsh made by deposited soil. I thought the boats could be a perfect screen for a plant. We'll see if it's viable. There are no woods along the banks, so it's hiding in plain site.

Top Bottom