Worst Performing Strain

• Thread starter 420circuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

Of all the different seeds that I have started,there are a few that have been weak in some way, but this one takes the cake. Heavy Duty Fruity from THSeeds. Fluffy buds, herm-city, poor trichome production, just a waste of nutrients. Ran Goji right next to it and was rewarded with excellent results, but the HDF makes it to the top of my failed grow strains. Possible that this was just a bad luck pheno draw, but I suspect the genetics in this strain just do not play well together. Germed 4 seeds, culled 2 males, so small sample, but not a good cross. Anyone got a failed grow that you blame on the seeds?

william76

william76

I ran sensi nl and ssk few years back{2 or so}both utter crap,nl was tall hemplike,no smell,airy buds and the ssk wasn't any better it stayed short,little to no resin,i grew them at different times,surrounded by fire on all sides,i know it was the seeds coz iv grew both these strains in the early ninetys,so I know what they should have been like,inbreeding deppression if ever I saw it!lucky iv got an old nl cut now,but still miss the ssk,76

zeke

zeke

I'm not gonna waste anymore energy listing the shitty Sensi strains I've personally been disappointed with. Wtf happened. Nepotism is lame.. Hire back Nevil. Sensi used to be the best. So good they continue to be successful despite selling shit for the last 15 yrs. Sad.

420circuit

420circuit

I grew NL from Seedsman and had great results, but of the 10 seeds only 2 were clear winners, and they made soda can buds, potent and high yields. First time I've ever heard of poor NL results, it has a great track record. Maybe that's a cross that just doesn't work.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I always answer the same in these threads because I grew a freebie Kalashnikova??? from greenhouse a couple years back that was straight ODWEEDS! I mean the shit was like hay. No taste...well no good taste, and although there were crystals on her I have no clue why because I coulda got a better buzz holding my breath.

zeke

zeke

Damn even Ak47? I had some from one of the early years and it was very similar to a 2010 batch. Didn't have the massive calyxes like the early stuff but still reliably good. It is hard to maintain parentals but come on....at least freeze a ton of the early seed that's easy.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I've really been blessed with my purchases and even my freebies over the years. I grew a freebie last year called cotton candy from Delicious Seeds I believe and it is the type of herb you literally cannot give away. Fortunately, I only had a few zips, but I gave it to one of my friends so he could get back on his feet after he came how from a 6 yr bid in the feds. The buds looked solid and had a light smell, but the high was non existent. The trichs were on point and I didn't pull her early; she was definitely ripe. If he could I think he would have given it back to me. Needless to say my friend didn't get back on his feet and he decided to just get a job. That's the worst feeling in the world, especially when everyone else is extremely pleased with every other thing I've grown even the other freebie I had called Hawaiian Skunk Haze, which was surprisingly decent...it just flowered for forever.

A

Amatoxin

While the list of crap seed lines for me is pretty long I did HDF in 2000ish and it was easily one of the worst 20 seeds not one even close to a keeper. Avalon from one of the BC. Company's sticks out as another waste of time line IME. Most dutch lines I have tried have just been mediocre with a few exceptions of course. Mazar was total crap also

symbiote420

symbiote420

Tested Riot's Platinum Clockwork Orange (Metal Haze x Clockwork Orange) fems...... I never had plants showing both sexes in almost every bud, and before 20 days! Tried his Purple Lemon Larry OG too but none of em would germ. got quite a few of his crosses that I probably will never mess with but the all time worst for me was Mandala's Seeds Hashberry aka Trashberry.... some seeds are cheap for a reason!

420circuit

420circuit

The Dutch Passion Blueberry was great in my garden and I lucked out on lots of freebies, none were losers so far, so neither of those sources have been a problem for me. The Kandy Kush and OG-18 freebies were actually awesome. The Otto from Centennial Seeds hermied out for me, but that was just a single seed, and several other growers had warned me about their seeds doing just that, but I really wanted a high CBD...

Thanks for the contributions, this really is a community service, posting up what DOESN'T work as far as seeds. Yeah, some people do it all wrong and then blame the seeds, but that is not what these comments look like. Looks like seeds were released before the strain was stabilized.

420circuit

420circuit

It doesn't have to be a lottery, the odds are greatly improved when a seed breeder puts in the time and effort. I wish they all had the time and space to run many generations and do all the things that great breeders do. Feels good to post pics of excellent plants, but we should also pass along what learned from our fails. Hoping that the folks behind these fails will learn more about their projects, maybe even taking steps to improve the line. Lots of cool breeders here who are sharing their progress as they make the magic happen, hats off to them for making it possible for newbies to grow awesome.

H

happy b

Practically everything from greenhouse and all the big Dutch passion strains (bb,flo,pp,skywalker ect)except strawberry cough . th seeds mr bubble(i was warned off heavy duty fruity about 10 years ago)these are all strains I expected to be good but wernt .I know what your thinking "you expected greenhouse strains to be good?" It was way back when I first started growing and i hadn't worked out that Arjan says every strain he brings out are the "best in the world" no matter how good/bad it is or that cannabis cups arnt really worth a shit.

Top Bottom