worthwhile making landrace seeds?

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

I was gifted a few landrace seeds from Peru, Ghana and Ecuador. Gifted to me by a girlfriend who travels the world for her company, I popped the Peruvian ones (16 seeds) but after 4 days only 4 are up and running. Method was papertowel which has always produced over 90% germ rates for me...so I am guessing its due to these being almost 12 yrs old.
Is it worthwhile to do an open pollenation for seeds? Is there that much interest in landraces? I can send in to the farm whatever seeds they produce but wanted to know if there is actually an interest or should I cull any males and just take cuts.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I say rock out with your cock out on em! I think it is worth it if you can afford the space, time and cash to play with them for 6 months or more.

Have the flowers tested, may get some nice thc/cbd ratios.

If you can put up a grow log, I will certainly follow along.

Good luck

budboy299

budboy299

Sounds good. I will discuss it with him for sure Sea, Just way to early to do that. They could all be males or all be females...ya just never know.

What I may do is put them outdoors for a month or so and then take cuttings...that way no space is used inside for now. Then sex and flower them for seed inside. That way there is no chance of random pollen getting to them. Keep them nice and pure

zeke

zeke

I wanna me some Ghana! Ditto on that "Fuck Yes!". Leave no stone unturned. If you pop a pack of the latest greatest alien chem fire cookie the odds are you will find something awesome. If you plant exotic Unworked landrace you will find lots of crap, but occasionally you will find some amazing unique

neverbreak

neverbreak

if u have time to play, go for it! u planning on keepin the lines pure n only breeding within each landrace, or yer gonna make crosses with 'em?

neverbreak

budboy299

budboy299

Well if landraces are that rare what I will do is...keep the lines pure and only breed them for seeds within their own lineage....then make sure the beans get out to ppl. After that some fun could be had with interbreeding. First though I want the beans getting out for people to play with themselves

SunGrown

SunGrown

Well if landraces are that rare what I will do is...keep the lines pure and only breed them for seeds within their own lineage....then make sure the beans get out to ppl. After that some fun could be had with interbreeding. First though I want the beans getting out for people to play with themselves
Put me on your share list bro once you have worked em, and good luck, very exciting some of the peruvians are growing!

william76

william76

Put me on your share list bro once you have worked em, and good luck, very exciting some of the peruvians are growing!
Best of luck with these,i think there will be a few people interested in how these do,keep on growing,76

homebrew420

homebrew420

Do it. Gonna take some time for sure but you only know the flowers by growing out.
Word to the wise, don't get your hopes up in finding a gem in the first run. Its the next round with a ton of seeds is when you may have a better chance of finding the winners for selection. I wish you the best of luck.
Some real rarities you may have man.

Peace

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

I got a suggestion you could pick the best pheno/genotypes and then cube them so your seeds can be pretty stable and potent in case you try to market them or whatever.

-Kush Kloud

Supercharge

Supercharge

I got a suggestion you could pick the best pheno/genotypes and then cube them so your seeds can be pretty stable and potent in case you try to market them or whatever.

-Kush Kloud

Not sure if that's really what he's aiming for though. I think the idea is to just get their genetics out into the community for people to play with. If that's the case, there maximum diversity is preferable as it will mean a greater range of traits available for selection.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Not sure if that's really what he's aiming for though. I think the idea is to just get their genetics out into the community for people to play with. If that's the case, there maximum diversity is preferable as it will mean a greater range of traits available for selection.

Oh I see my bad just giving advice

Top Bottom