WTF all my seeds are DEAD!

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Karma Genetics

well when that is treu i ques all the seed i brought back from spain should have the same problems as you, aswel as the seeds from OJD . I persenoly dont think it got anything to do with that, but i dont know what is the problem.

B

British_Hempire

I'm thinking it happened when leaving the UK, not when entering or leaving Spain. Microwaves will definitely kill seeds. Anyone travelling through Liverpool or Manchester airports, I advise you not to take any precious seeds, just in case!

S

s4m

hello peep's and BH,

h202 can be bought in your local chemist / pharmacy.

sorry to hear of your troubles BH.

s4m

H

hazyfontazy

i watched an airport program and i dont think the xray machines as we think of them actually xray ,they produce images with different colours like a thermal image camera , every case went through the scanner before loading onto a plane ,,the woman said all vegatation shows green on the case scanners,they found some weed as i was watching ,seeds are living so maybe showed up too ,this kind of scanning maybe responsible,

B

British_Hempire

Exactly mate, at many airports you can see the screen of the scanner they use on hand luggage, and they do indeed show up in many colours, they must pass all hold baggage through one of these too. This level of scanning requires a lot of EM output, ie microwaves.

A

addamzbomb

as far as the h2o2 you can use the stuff from your local grocery store its pre-diluted to 3% one teaspoon to a quart of water... pre soak over night move to paper towell or sponges what ever you do .... keep in the low to mid 80s... scuff them first.....and pray

H

hazyfontazy

Exactly mate, at many airports you can see the screen of the scanner they use on hand luggage, and they do indeed show up in many colours, they must pass all hold baggage through one of these too. This level of scanning requires a lot of EM output, ie microwaves.

the scanner i saw was for hold baggage and every case went through it,on a conveyor belt ,so putting weed in ya case is like running the gauntlet ,,however i watched another program showing the lapse of security where the scanning personell were asleep on duty :)

B

British_Hempire

as far as the h2o2 you can use the stuff from your local grocery store its pre-diluted to 3% one teaspoon to a quart of water... pre soak over night move to paper towell or sponges what ever you do .... keep in the low to mid 80s... scuff them first.....and pray

Thanks for that tip, I'll look into peroxide.

the scanner i saw was for hold baggage and every case went through it,on a conveyor belt ,so putting weed in ya case is like running the gauntlet ,,however i watched another program showing the lapse of security where the scanning personell were asleep on duty :)

Well, the one time I did have weed in my case, the moment I picked it up off the carousel two customs officers appeared behind me, they obviously knew it was there, I thought it was down to them using sniffer dogs to check the bags as they come off the plane, but now I think it could be a scanner. Luckily it was 27g and under 28g isn't a recordable criminal offence so I got away with it. They didn't find the hash I had hidden about my person however so I was toking within 2 mins of them letting me go, it was a short walk to my car! lol

F

Fear

This is for film But I was the first to say It NUKES

With the mandated X-ray screening of checked baggage now a fact of life, in all airports across the country, you need to switch packing strategies if traveling with undeveloped (SEEDS) film.

In the past, domestic checked luggage was seldom if ever X-rayed, and so, if traveling with (SEEDS) film, it was usually a better idea to pack it in your checked luggage so as to keep it from being X-rayed in cabin baggage. Sure, the signs all say 'This machine will not harm film' but the truth is that, while a single low power scan would not harm 'slow' or 'moderate' speed film (ie 400 ASA or less), the effects of X-ray exposure are cumulative and in the course of a journey you may end up giving your (SEEDS) film half a dozen or more (SEEDS) exposures.

And, if you're like me, you find it very hard to trust the X-ray machines in third world countries that have a hand printed sign on them suggesting that they are 'film safe'!

:mad0233:But now the situation is being turned on its head. The new X-ray machines that are now used to inspect ALL checked baggage are immensely more powerful than the machines we've got used to putting our carry on items through. A blast of X-rays from one of these machines - particularly if the operator sees something unusual and turns the power up to 'high' to get a better look, or focuses the beam tightly on one spot - can variously put radiation streaks across part or all of the undeveloped (SEEDS) film you have in your suitcase.

B

British_Hempire

Hmm, as a former photographer I am familiar with the lead-lined envelopes we used to use for film, but we stopped using those a long time ago, we used to have em lying round the office but I was ever given one to use, and I took plenty of film through airports. I seem to remember we had a list of countries that we di need to use the lead envelopes though, it was all the eastern bloc countries, most of Africa and other less advanced places. I guess these days the technology has changed. Anything that can give such a detailed image of the insides of an object is obviously putting out a lot of EM energy and Em energy is gonna mess with anything living if in sufficient strength.

C

chuckyoufarley

wht happened to hazy and that dude that lost his seeds they are only guest now

Top Bottom