WTF all my seeds are DEAD!

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hi folks

I went to Spain a while back, took a bunch of seeds with me. Now I'm finally getting round to trying to germ some and nothing is sprouting!

Blueberry IBL - none germed

Nolalu Gold x Colombian Gold - none germed

2001 Mr Nice SSH - none germed

Sweettooth #3 x Hawaiian - 3 out of 15 germed, 1 died after a week, other two struggling at 2 weeks old, will probably die

Blueberry x (SWT3/Hawaiian) - none germed

Kali Mist - none germed

Original Haze - none germed

Colombian Gold - none germed

Malawi Gold x Colombian Gold - none germed yet

Malawi Gold - none germed

Malawi Gold x (Colombian Gold x C99) - none germed

Durban Poison - none germed

This is crazy, nothing like this has happened before, could they have passed my suitcase through some machine that has killed my seeds? I am praying this isn't the case as I had a lot of irreplaceable things! I still have seeds that never went to Spain, but less desirable lines, oh bummer!

Seed starter 001
Seed starter 002
Seed starter 003
F

Fear

Maybe the xray machine zapped em. Radioactive seeds. They have new machine that show shape really good, probably higher doses of radiation.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Dont think its that Fear....ive had beans go through an xray machine twice and they still germed 100%

B

British_Hempire

Who made these seeds?

They are from several sources, and in most cases I listed, I've grown out seeds from the same batch in the past.

In the past I've grown lots of seeds that have been taken on an airplane journey so this is something of a mystery.

N

Nuglover

I know you're no nube but how were they stored prior to trip? Were they all together in one container? Maybe kind of virus or something? That's a shitload of duds bro. Too many to be a coincidence. Were they in a carry on bag or did you check them?I'm just shootin' in the dark here.

B

British_Hempire

All in plastic sealable bags inside three plastic boxes, they were in my suitcase so I checked it in as hold baggage. I've just opened a pack of Haze that never went to Spain and some Blueberry that never left my fridge, praying these germ, looks to me like the entire seed collection I took to Spain is now worthless! I've setup two batches of seeds - some that went to Spain, some that stayed here, if the ones that stayed here germ and the Spanish ones don't, I reckon I just lost a huge seed collection. Fuck.

T

Tolpan

What kind of water have you used?
Maybe the water was treated with high amounts of chemical cleaners or any other stuff!?

Just guessing, but if all didn't germ it could only be something that was used with all of your strains. So perhaps the water?????

N

Nuglover

It's a long shot but I was thinking when you check a bag and it goes in the cargo area. The temps are below freezing at altitude(again I know it's a long shot).If they froze with any moisture in them, I'm thinkin' they'd be done for. Freezing would rupture the cell walls in the germ itself....OK, very long shot but it's all I got at the moment.

T

the Rock

having them inside three boxes should have insulated them pretty well against anything you would think,,man i feel bad for you that is depressing

B

British_Hempire

Tap water, ec 0, ph 6.2, germed literally thousands of seeds using precisely the same tap water. I've tried paper towels, spongecloth like in the picture, straight into jiffy pellets and straight into cups of coco - nada.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I know you don't like the Cali stuff but if ya need I have a spare pack of Raskals Fire x Bubblegum I can donate to ya .

N

Nuglover

That's just shit luck I guess. I'd probably cry if I lost a collection like that.:(

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats a real bummer and i can only imagine what that feels like to lose such a large irreplaceable collection, my heart goes out to ya.

F

frankie-smiles

Maybe they radiated it to destroy any biological threat that may come into and out of any other countries, some mad terrorist threat crap probably. Thats what they do to hemp seed to stop it germing don't they. I've heard some talk of them doing this to some mail somewhere but whatever happened that is bad news. let us all know how the others get on but like you say, if the other batch germ fine you will know something is up.

S

snake383

I had some seeds that took a almost a month to germ in the paper towel method. so dont give up on them. i wish you luck

I

ismokepot

I would suggest try cracking one of them by hand, very carefully and see if the inside is still viable. The inside bottom tip should still be white and moist. If it's dry and dead, you got bad seeds. If it's still viable, then gently rough up your beans with a little sandpaper and give them more time.........

The Joker

The Joker

hope you figure it out. X ray is the only thing I can think of. Heat?

Sorry for your loss , that's a big one.

J

John Ditchweed

man I feel for you I lost my whole collection a month ago when my crazy ex stole them and "threw them away". I cried that nite I had been collecting for years......... life goes on bro you will get most of them back I am sure.......

Top Bottom