Wtf do I do now??

• Thread starter Marlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marlie

Marlie

Yay! Perfect match! Thank you yet again! I will be naming my first bud after you, kind sir

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i try to find if they have a bottle with humic and fulvic acids but can't seem to find the info.

Last edited:
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I use the fox farm ocean forest soil, I mix it 50/50 with fox farm Happy frog soils.

I've not used the rapid start myself.

General Hydroponics Flora Micro, Gro, and Bloom along with CALiMAGic are easy and simple nutrients that a lot of people use. I'm sure you will get other recommendations for nutrients but if you decide on the Flora series, this feed chart is a good one to follow IMO.
View attachment 2139146
I've been using general hydroponics Flora series for over 10 years, I grow in 100% coco, no soil. This diagram is printed on each bottle. I think it is the easiest way to feed your plants. It's almost idiot proof.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

the rule of thumb usually with nutrients is to feed half to 3/4 recommended dose at first and see how the plants react then give some more if the plants need it.

it always better to low feed the plants than burning the plants with too much nutrients, then you can adjust your nutrients schedule grow after grow.

edit:

someone using ocean forest along side fox farm trio may provide you with a custom a schedule that already give good results

Last edited:
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Idiot proof is my jam!!
Everyone on here has excellent advice, I grow in coco because I feel that Hydroponics is way easier than growing in soil. I'm also on the road all day everyday so I'm not home to be with my plants, and I'm out of town a couple nights per week. Using coco coir, there is absolutely zero nutrients in it, so you have to feed the plant it's nutrients. The reason it's easier is because it takes less time to see results when the plant is reacting. Soil already has nutrients in it so once you've messed up it takes a while to get it back. One thing many people will agree with is that growing in soil is a more organic and tasteful bud. My buds grown in hydro taste phenomenal also. That's the end part anyways when you're flushing and drying and curing.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have been pleased with the Fox Farm soil, so I’m leaning to their bottled nutrients.
Idiot proof is my jam!!

Those Fox Farm nutrients wouldn't be my choice and I wouldn't call them idiot proof (and I have used them). I prefer to use organic nutrients, so I use Gaia Green All Purpose for vegetation and Gaia Green Power Bloom for flowering. I also amend gypsum, Epsom salt and Azomite. These are all dry and are top dressed (spread on top of the soil) and watered into the soil about every four weeks.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Those Fox Farm nutrients wouldn't be my choice and I wouldn't call them idiot proof (and I have used them). I prefer to use organic nutrients, so I use Gaia Green All Purpose for vegetation and Gaia Green Power Bloom for flowering. I also amend gypsum, Epsom salt and Azomite. These are all dry and are top dressed (spread on top of the soil) and watered into the soil about every four weeks.
I wasn't talking about Fox farm, I was talking about General Hydroponics Flora Series. It is 100% idiot proof if you just follow exactly what it says on the bottles.

Marlie

Marlie

Everyone on here has excellent advice, I grow in coco because I feel that Hydroponics is way easier than growing in soil. I'm also on the road all day everyday so I'm not home to be with my plants, and I'm out of town a couple nights per week. Using coco coir, there is absolutely zero nutrients in it, so you have to feed the plant its nutrients. The reason it's easier is because it takes less time to see results when the plant is reacting. Soil already has nutrients in it so once you've messed up it takes a while to get it back. One thing many people will agree with is that growing in soil is a more organic and tasteful bud. My buds grown in hydro taste phenomenal also. That's the end part anyways when you're flushing and drying and curing.
I am truly an accidental grower. Bought 8 excellent quality seeds and got some freebies. Honestly didn’t expect a damn thing! Here I am with 9 beautiful plants and not a clue what I’m doing. The experience and expertise you all have is so greatly appreciated!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Using coco coir, there is absolutely zero nutrients in it, so you have to feed the plant it's nutrients. The reason it's easier is because it takes less time to see results when the plant is reacting.
That's also the reason it's more difficult. The grower must be able to recognize and then correctly diagnose and remedy problems. That takes skills new growers probably wouldn't have.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I am truly an accidental grower. Bought 8 excellent quality seeds and got some freebies. Honestly didn’t expect a damn thing! Here I am with 9 beautiful plants and not a clue what I’m doing. The experience and expertise you all have is so greatly appreciated!!
It's a lot more basic than some people make it out to be. Weed grows naturally outside without you doing anything to it. Keep it basic and use common sense. Of course the right equipment is needed if you're doing this indoors, but nobody needs to spend $2,000 on all this junk. AC Infinity is just a brand name. Find the cheapest tent you can find because it's just a mylar tent with a zipper. The light needs to be high quality and of good watts. I'm not saying that AC Infinity is bad, I've had a tent for 12 years that doesn't even have a brand name on it. I produce over a pound of weed in that thing off of one plant each grow.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah i also find soil much more forgiving than hydro.

you don't need to care about, ph, ec, solution temperature with soil unlike soiless

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

an enriched soil like ocean forest will allow you to bring a plant from seed to harvest, if switched early enough, and get something enjoyable in the end, without you giving nothing but water, it will certainly be fading like crazy, but you'll still get something enjoyable out of it, then you just need to add a little nutrients along the way to make it finish without too much fading and you're good.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

That's also the reason it's more difficult. The grower must be able to recognize and then correctly diagnose and remedy problems. That takes skills new growers probably wouldn't have.
I'm not sure your guys age, or how long you've been growing, or all the styles you've tried. I have a group of seven growers including myself, I'm the only one that grows in Coco, and I'm the only one that doesn't see the issues that all my fellow soil growers have. Maybe it's where we live. I'm the youngest and least experienced of all of us. My first grow was in 2010. I've tried every single style that there is under the sun, including the Sun.....

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

an enriched soil like ocean forest will allow you to bring a plant from seed to harvest, if switched early enough, and get something enjoyable in the end, without you giving nothing but water, it will certainly be fading like crazy, but you'll still get something enjoyable out of it, then you just need to add a little nutrients along the way to make it finish without too much fading and you're good.
That's an extremely simplified easy way to put it. If he's going to use soil then that's exactly what needed to be said. He's already this far in his first grow, so from here on out he will be learning and knowing what to do along the way 🤘😎👍

Top Bottom