• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

Wtf is this
Wtf is this 2
Wtf is this 3
Wtf is this 4
moving recently cloned plants to bigger pots on found these white dots in the soil. Can any body identify them for me so I can take care of them if there problematic.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Looks like root aphid eggs. You see any little brown bugs crawling on the roots? If it's root aphids those things are nasty as hell. Good luck!

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

I did not see anything crawling around that is what got me confused. I think they look like eggs. But no adults that I could see with 5 plants. All the same.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like root aphid eggs. You see any little brown bugs crawling on the roots? If it's root aphids those things are nasty as hell. Good luck!
Wait... don't RAs give birth to live young?

Going back through my papers and doing a Scholar Google search, yes, they give birth to live young, instars. Those can't be RA eggs. Something else got in there and laid eggs.

Wanna know what they look like to me, with all that webbing? Spider eggs. But I thought spiders make a silk sac for theirs.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Found a thread on ICMag that looks identical to what you posted alluding to the fact that it's a fungus, possibly mycelium, but is the sign of a beaming symbiotic relationship and healthy microbial life.

What does it smell like?

mandalaman

mandalaman

Also can't tell the color from Pictures but maybe look into Leucocoprinus birnbaumii

Gunfanatic

Gunfanatic

No smell. White in color. And they r below the surface of the soil. Depths very. All I was looking at the where the soil and pot meet. So deeper in the soil I can't say what it looks like

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Wait... don't RAs give birth to live young?

Going back through my papers and doing a Scholar Google search, yes, they give birth to live young, instars. Those can't be RA eggs. Something else got in there and laid eggs.

Wanna know what they look like to me, with all that webbing? Spider eggs. But I thought spiders make a silk sac for theirs.
Looks like slug eggs to me

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Man, spiders in the root zone aren't a problem, but slugs might be.

hermit186

hermit186

Thoses are all over down here I have fought the spiders for ever and never got rid of them.
Latrodectus geometricus
Latrodectus geometricus 16 120x150

If I am right be careful

Smerb

Smerb

@mandalaman has it right. I recently transplanted 3 clones to bigger pots, found these on one plants root structure. I couldn't find this thread for about 3 days. The research shows it does no harm. Anyone know any more? Thanks yall

Top Bottom