Wtf?

• Thread starter old.Ford
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
old.Ford

old.Ford

Hey ya'll! I have been doing this for a few years and now for the first time I have a problem with the 2 plants I grow every 90 days . This is kicking my butt. It happened on the last 2 plant grow and now it is here again. The appearance of the plant is of a healthy plant with no problems , except that at the top, and the ends of the branches where you have new growth, the growth curls under like a claw. Other than that no problem. I am using fresh clean soil I use the tap water with Ph adjusted to 6, and the lights are good. I am using the Fox Farm stuff in unison and have always had good results. If you recognize this let me know. Here is something else...The gro big I am using has been the same bottle for over a year. Can it, or does it go bad and not work up to it's potential if it is old? Stash is getting low and the pressure is on. The last 2 plants had a small yield of only moderately good bud...I am lost ...I have tried or changed everything including cleaning the entire space and starting fresh with all new pots ect.
Sorry no photos, any help would be appreciated
old.Ford

sky high

sky high

When chemmie nutes start to go bad they will "seperate" and form small crystals in the bottom of the bottle. you can hear it when you shake the bottle....or if you pour it out through a screen you will see them.

I personally doubt the mix has gone bad...but if I were suspect WHATSOEVER..I'd toss it on my flowers outside and go buy another bottle. IMO, nutes are cheap compared to buying weed...

to me it sounds like overfertin'. Are you fertilizing with every water?

Are you using FF soil too? Or somethin' else? Addin in anything else?

temp of yer room w/ lights on?

pH of runoff water? Are you using reg pH down/up to adj yer water or somethin else?

pics are OK here, bro. this server is in europe. Sure would help folks help ya out.

be well. good luck

s h

P.S. Next time plant 4. ;-)

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like it could be some overwatering as well

old.Ford

old.Ford

Thanks for the help to all. Nuts are good, watering may be a little heavy, using miracle grow potting soil and only feeding every other watering. At night the temp is about 50 and during lighted hours never above 80 and a small fan to keep it moving. I have always had a nice heavy harvest and this has thrown me for loop, but will keep on keepin' on thanks again...will try to post a photo today thanks again, old.Ford

sky high

sky high

The MG soil probably has nutes in it already, so that along with more nutes may be why you are seeing them claw. My guess is you'll be OK....but next time try to find a soil mix with no nutes so you have total control. Otherwise...yer on the bus with a ticket and no real idea WHERE yer gonna end up.

s h

old.Ford

old.Ford

sky high...thanks

Thanks, I have tried to upload photos of the grow 6 times and every time I get a server reset notice. I have tried another couple of times and no dice. will keep on trying but can't tell when it will go through. thanks for the info about the site being outside conus that makes me feel a little more safe. will get photos up asap. oldford

R

RMCG

Thanks, I have tried to upload photos of the grow 6 times and every time I get a server reset notice. I have tried another couple of times and no dice. will keep on trying but can't tell when it will go through. thanks for the info about the site being outside conus that makes me feel a little more safe. will get photos up asap. oldford

Resize the pix. 800x600 is good enough to 'see' the problem and will keep the file size down and should allow you to upload them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
fuck miracle grow products - its some very hot shit and they have no place in growing quality weed

hiboy

hiboy

Sounds like your too hot on your nutes. Mini claws is what your describing. Sky hi has it down. Flush with water with set ph and renute alot less. Soil contains nutes .
hiboy

old.Ford

old.Ford

Working on it!

Hi boy RMCG motherload and sky high, Thank you all very much I am working on getting the issues straightened out in order to save this grow. I believe you have hit it out of the park. I am making the changes and will keep all informed of the outcome. This morning the plants started to show some color change and it indicates that right along with what you have said my ph is out of wack. Again THANKS and some more thanks for how to upload the photos, I will resize and try again. You would think you would get a little message stating that your upload was too big or something, but this was just as good and illustrates the strength of the community. old.Ford, out

M

MIway

fuck miracle grow products - its some very hot shit and they have no place in growing quality weed

And here's why noobs on amended soil isn't such a great idea... at least not the bags of MG... or FF for that matter... nothing that can be done now except to wait.

That soil is amended... the more water (flush) that gets applied, the more the soil mix will release it's reserves... and that will take time before it begins to deplete.

If you have a hard hook in the middle of the leaf blade (the claw)... it is being hit too hard on the nutes.

No nutes (none) for the next few weeks, til new growth continues straight.

Would only feed it plain water pH'd high... 6.8. Actually, Dolomite Lime would be perfect to buffer up the pH while doing this.

Once it hooks, it's already caused stress to the plants & that will take a week or so to come out of... plus you have the hot soil to leach... so that's a few more weeks. Time, time, time... and some more time.

Top Bottom