WW from ilgm about 5 weeks into flower.

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I didn't cut too many leaves off bc they're so frosty on the one plant. It's just for me so I don't care if it looks too good. But I just opened the Tupperware I've got it in and God damn it smells amazing! The other one that's still reading in the 80's I've got the lid off for now. It smells okay but still green hay smell a little. I think it just needs to dry more. Grabbing these 1/4's was a good idea. It's def teaching me how to do this. I think by tomorrow they're going to be ready. I think I'll still use jars bc I think tomorrow they're still going to be a little moist. I don't know if I trust those bags enough to let them breathe the amount they'll need to. I'll monitor them in jars.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I may be wrong but it sounds like you may have conditions where ambient RH is so high that now it is time to look for heck or high water ways to drop overall RH. There is nothing wrong with a lonnnng slow dry other than the wait. It is just over drying that can end ambitions of perfect curing conditions. Keep in mind this is coming from a 1st time grower in the desert SW that had 5-7 day drys and no cure to speak of, and it still came out better than anything around. My only point is if I fked everything up and it still was great, you surely should be golden here shortly.
What kinda air circulation you have in tent and can you maybe get some air blowing from a good meter or so away but kinda at flowers? It may be only way to drop moisture inside the flowers. Another thing to try is if have paper bags, take a 1/4 and but in a closed paper bag and check RH in it and monitor every hour. I don't think you are far off from where want to be but sounds like humidity is quite high where you live. Humidity hear in AZ drops as low as 20 in June and the highest it gets is 50ish in Dec. Has to be crazy different from there I bet. You actually have ideal conditions except for the last part of dry when it isn't getting there on it's own. Airflow may be your answer
I thought I was going to be dealing with the opposite this far into drying. I thought the rh was going to drop and I was going to have to bring it up. It's the cold temps in there that are causing the high rh. I'm def going to have to figure out another area for drying anyway. This room has 2 window ac units. The windows themselves are blacked out with plastic. I went out there today and the one ac was off. Dude, so much condensation formed behind that plastic that it was running down the walls. The ac was off bc the water popped the circuit I think. I pulled back the plastic and fucking everything was soaked. As well as mildew growing. I honestly think my best option is to put a portable ac unit and a dehumidifier in the tiny bathroom next time. The room can't handle 60° with the windows in there. They're sweating way too much.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Ahhh it is too cold, I see. Can you put a dehumidifier in the tent now?

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Ahhh it is too cold, I see. Can you put a dehumidifier in the tent now?
Not a bad idea. It's next to the tent now. It's a 40 pint though. And the tent is a 30x30x60. It'll be blowing a lot of warm air around. I'll roll it in there though and see if it works okay. I think either way I'm take them down tomorrow and monitor them in jars.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

The first plant is done. I've got 3 jars full that are reading around maybe 63%. These little hygrometers aren't very accurate. I tested and wrote on them how much they're off, but they fluctuate in how much. Plus I think they're more accurate when they're in jars. If that's the case the weeds holding at 60%. It's not dense, I don't think I had enough light on them throughout flower. They could have went a bit longer too. I think the amber that I was seeing was caused by heat stress. Once I started going through the close up videos I noticed more clear trichs. But it is still the best pot I've ever smoked. I've never seen bud this frosty. The AK turned out okay. Def wouldn't be showing it off. It's still drying. But the ww turned out amazing. I didn't weigh it. I didn't barely trim off any leaves. From 1 plant I trimmed just under 7g. They were so damn frosty I couldn't cut them off. The only reason I got 7g worth is bc I'm going to make edibles for a buddy. I just can't believe I grew this. It's prob around 3 ounces. I didn't want to weigh it bc I didn't want to tussle it about and loose any trichs. Thanks a ton for all the help. I've been on the forum roll it up a lot recently. It's set up almost identical to this one. It seems to be European. But there's a shit load of people on there. I'll get some pics when I burp them tomorrow morning. The buds aren't super picture worthy. They're is so a lot of leaves on them. Plus I have this block where I'm unable to take even decent pictures. I'll have to get my wife to help. Thanks again for all the advice throughout. I really just can't believe it. I'll have more than enough to make it until this next round finishes. I'll have perfectly cured weed bc I'll other weed to smoke while it's curing. God damn man, thanks again to everyone. Couldn't have done it without you all.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Finished up everything last night. The buds from the second plant were sticking together a lot so I took them out of the bags and put them in a cardboard box over night. It was only 6 hours later I had to go to work and they felt the same so I left them in the box. It's closed but cracked open a little bit.

I can't fucking believe how good everything turned out. I can believe I even made it to harvest. That I'm smoking better weed than I've smoked in years, and I fucking grew it myself. It's crazy how good this stuff smelled. I was not super excited about the ak47, it didn't look as good as the ww. But after trimming last night and getting a closer view, they're both awesome. I just can't believe it. Thanks again to everyone that helped.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That is what's up bud. Really great job and now you can begin to enjoy the fruits of your labor. You learned a fkton along the way and surely will enter your next grow armed with the knowledge you gained from this one. Hard to imagine when you're trapped under layers of your own trichomes you harvested but it is likely to only get better from here. Heck yeah man, congratulations and enjoy đź‘Ź

Latest posts

Top Bottom