• Thread starter Maggie B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maggie B

Yellow crispy leaves mid flower 3
Yellow crispy leaves mid flower
Yellow crispy leaves mid flower
I could really use some help, please I think I'm losing my crop!

I have been growing for 4 years now and I have definitely had my share of pests, hermaphadites, nutrient deficiencies, environmental issues and the list goes on... Just when I think I've got this growing business down, I get something I haven't seen before. I have attached some pictures

I am in week 4 of flower and the majority of the leaves on all of my plants have turned yellow and a lot of them have dried out and crumbled. Also, I can see that the bud development has stopped and evens some buds look like they are starting to die. I have noticed a little white powdery mildew 2 weeks ago and I have been spraying Green Cleaner every 3 days or so to keep the mold at bay. Green Cleaner is mainly made of Soy Bean oil and I spray the entire plant. A little WPM appears at the bottom stems and leaves but not too bad. I have been cutting out any buds that show signs of WPM. In the meantime her is my environment ( Is it possible they don't like how much I have sprayed them?)

I use 1,000w HPS lights.
4 plants per light
Plants are about 5 ft tall
My growing medium is Fox Farm, Ocean Forest
I feed every other watering
I use Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom as the base nutrients and I use them together at the same time.
I also use Advance Nutrients for the micronutrients, but not mixed in with Fox Farm. I use the Advanced Nutrients every other feed. I use Bud x, Nirvana, Sweet, Overdrive, big Bud and Carbo load

This is the first time feeding two different nutrient brands. I usually do all Advanced Nutrients or all Fox Farm. I don't know if this is the problem, but I'm suspecting the WPM and all the spraying might be the issue?

If you have any other questions please let me know...

Yellow crispy leaves mid flower 2
Yellow crispy leaves mid flower 4
Yellow crispy leaves mid flower 5
gwheels

gwheels

I had a problem like that caused by nutrient lockout due to the PH being too high. I was watering and nuteing at 6.5 PH but the runoff was 7.5. I finally got some proper ph down (1 drop makes the PH drop by .5 on 1 gallon of water). I hope next round I have it sorted out :)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What's your temps and rh like? Seems to me, tour rooms way too hot, and too low rh for starters. Then go back to nute issues. Are you spraying your plants lights on or off? Good air flow in room?

M

Maggie B

I had a problem like that caused by nutrient lockout due to the PH being too high. I was watering and nuteing at 6.5 PH but the runoff was 7.5. I finally got some proper ph down (1 drop makes the PH drop by .5 on 1 gallon of water). I hope next round I have it sorted out :)
I am using 6.3 to 6.5 Ph, but i haven't tested the run off...
So are you saying if my run off is high then I should go lower than 6.3 PH when watering?

M

Maggie B

What's your temps and rh like? Seems to me, tour rooms way too hot, and too low rh for starters. Then go back to nute issues. Are you spraying your plants lights on or off? Good air flow in room?
My temperature stays close to 75. Humidity usually around 50 to55 and I am spraying with the lights off and yes i have good air flow. So maybe it doesn't like the mixing of the two types of nutrients?

M

Maggie B

Have you measured the EC of your feed at all? Those numbers may have a bearing on the issue.
Dont have an EC meter. I am measuring PPM however. Haven't heard much about EC. I will look that up

justiceman

justiceman

Got any pictures of them during veg? They look pretty hungry all round to me. I'm wondering if you water often enough and get full saturation of the soil, and how much grow big and tiger bloom are you using per gallon right now?

As far as PM goes you should look at your exhaust system. Things to consider is whether you are pulling enough fresh air in the room and whether your carbon filter, or prefilter is clogged after a long use causing reduced airflow. Sometimes you can get PM with cuts you received and there's not a lot you can do about it even if your airflow is on point as it never really dies. It can just be suppressed.

M

Maggie B

Got any pictures of them during veg? They look pretty hungry all round to me. I'm wondering if you water often enough and get full saturation of the soil, and how much grow big and tiger bloom are you using per gallon right now?

As far as PM goes you should look at your exhaust system. Things to consider is whether you are pulling enough fresh air in the room and whether your carbon filter, or prefilter is clogged after a long use causing reduced airflow. Sometimes you can get PM with cuts you received and there's not a lot you can do about it even if your airflow is on point as it never really dies. It can just be suppressed.
I think you might have hit the nail on the head, regarding airflow. I don't think im getting enough fresh air in the room. I have circulating air flow, but no air exchange. i have carbon filters that are over a year old and some might be 2years old.

As far as the feeding goes, i water or feed every other day, i never let them get too thirsty and I never over water. Fox farm feeding schedule says to use 10ml per gallon of Tiger bloom and Grow Big, but I found that when I use their feeding schedule I get really high PPM, so I use about 2/3 the amounts they say.

I really think you solved my problem with the Powdery Mildew.

Do you think that PM is causing the nutrient lock out? Would PM cause my leaves to yellow and crumble? In all the years of growing I have never dealt with PM...

I appreciate your time and advice and thank you for replying.

justiceman

justiceman

I think you might have hit the nail on the head, regarding airflow. I don't think im getting enough fresh air in the room. I have circulating air flow, but no air exchange. i have carbon filters that are over a year old and some might be 2years old.

As far as the feeding goes, i water or feed every other day, i never let them get too thirsty and I never over water. Fox farm feeding schedule says to use 10ml per gallon of Tiger bloom and Grow Big, but I found that when I use their feeding schedule I get really high PPM, so I use about 2/3 the amounts they say.

I really think you solved my problem with the Powdery Mildew.

Do you think that PM is causing the nutrient lock out? Would PM cause my leaves to yellow and crumble? In all the years of growing I have never dealt with PM...

I appreciate your time and advice and thank you for replying.

PM in the late stages does start to cause localized nutrient lockout only on the areas it is touching though so I don't think thats the issue your are seeing nutrient wise. I'd lean more towards a pH issue like what was said earlier since your feeding frequently however it's hard to say for sure as I'd assume the soil is pH stable. They definitely look all around hungry though. I'm wondering if 2/3 dose is enough for 5ft plants. Never used foxfarm base nutes so I don't know how strong they are.

No problem about mentioning the exhaust. We all want to help our fellow farmers!

jammie

jammie

i have the same problem in mid flower and its due to low nitrogen in bloom fertilizers. i give a feeding or 2 of grow nutrients with its higher nitrogen levels and the leaves will start to green up. some yellowing and dropping of fan leaves is normal in mid to late flowering

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Take some pics with the flash or regular light with the hps off, looks like a fox farm burn out, I had the same looking plants when I used fox farm. At some point in their feeding schedule they call for 45ml of nutes total in one gallon of water, that would burn up any plant.

My suggestion is to throw away the feeding schedule after you flush with three times the amount of water as the size of your pot, one gal pot=2gallons of water followed by 1 gallon of correctly Phed water. You can skip the extra 2 gallons if you have a product such as sledge hammer or GH clean because they help rinse the salts away and you could just water them with 2x runoff.

I would pick up a small measuring cup like the ones that come with cough syrup and add only 5ml per gallon of big bloom and tiger bloom each and never go over 7.5ml per gallon each of those two and do the same with the grow big when using it. I would also never go over 20 ml per gallon total of all nutes and additives because I know plants will be really happy with small amounts but not so much if they get just a little too much.

hiboy

hiboy

Something I've learned over the years
Use about every advanced nutrient 1/2-3/4 strength and you shouldn't have any defencies
Empty wallet but healthy plants
Hb

xenon730

xenon730

mega nute burn. if you get over 1200ppm and you feed it, you risk burning. you said you get high ppm, what are we talking here.

xenon730

xenon730

I feed my girls a 1480ppm on a feed/water/feed/water cycle. And always beautiful runs.
Technaflora nutes.
yes because everything is concrete. i said risk, and I'm correct. people push 1600 regularly but some plants look like this when you feed that high. especially because his ppm isn't truly accurate with all that organic feed and it's not totally accurate to begin with. i should clarify i mean 1200ppm at .5, do you feed that at .5? im guessing you do but just checking.

Top Bottom