Yellow leaves and curly leaves

• Thread starter CannaViridis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaViridis

CannaViridis

Hi Guys,

I assisted my friend with het medicinal grow for her MS.

I’m a bit puzzled to why these plants are this yellow and not growing. There is twisted growth aswell and the plants are hardly growing.
You would say N deficiency, but EC is on point.

GHE tri-parts nutes
Drip system but the roots are in the resevoir, so also DWC.
RH 75%, 25c/77f
EC 1.2

Yellow leaves and curly leaves
Yellow leaves and curly leaves 2
Yellow leaves and curly leaves 3

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yellow leaves are caused by a nitro deficiency, or to much food witch can cause lockout, if it's nitro you can throw some fresh perlite, but first give a light flush and check pH correct if nessasary, cut back on nutes if pH way off probably due to overfeeding, if pH good give some nitro, allso if were mine I would give light even prune to improve airflow and get branches to the light.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I run a 5 gallon DWC with 3 part GH myself.

And that is PH imbalance.

Can you give information on how you're making your mix?

How I do it is fill a 5 gallon bucket with my well water, which is hard as a rock..... 8-9ph... SO I fill my bucket it up, then I add my nutes.... Once I switch to "full bloom" formulae, after I get done adding all my nutes, my PH runs at 6.0.

Without PH adjuster.

The flowering series makes your PH drop pretty dramatically. I'm not sure if this mix was made locally to me or what, but, it's nice that I don't have to mess with PH down.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Not a RDWC grower but it would be helpful to know your starting EC/pH and what the EC/pH in your RDWC is after a day or so.

Wait.. Your roots are sitting in stagnant water? Do you have some air stones in your reservoir?

It does look like your having some sort of root problems. My guess is suffocation.

Last edited:
CannaViridis

CannaViridis

Not a RDWC grower but it would be helpful to know your starting EC/pH and what the EC/pH in your RDWC is after a day or so.

Wait.. Your roots are sitting in stagnant water? Do you have some air stones in your reservoir?

It does look like your having some sort of root problems. My guess is suffocation.
There is a lot of air in there. Huge ass airpump and 2 airstones per resevior. But I’ll check the roots be sure

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

I run a 5 gallon DWC with 3 part GH myself.

And that is PH imbalance.

Can you give information on how you're making your mix?

How I do it is fill a 5 gallon bucket with my well water, which is hard as a rock..... 8-9ph... SO I fill my bucket it up, then I add my nutes.... Once I switch to "full bloom" formulae, after I get done adding all my nutes, my PH runs at 6.0.

Without PH adjuster.

The flowering series makes your PH drop pretty dramatically. I'm not sure if this mix was made locally to me or what, but, it's nice that I don't have to mess with PH down.
I fill the resevior. Add silicate powder, wait 5 mins. Add the dark bottle of ghe, mix it, wait 2 mins then add green and red.
I’m gonna flush it all out in two days make a new batch. See how the plants repsond.

I’ve had a lot of ph instability before due to expensive but shitty nutes. The leaves looked different then. Not as universally light green yellow.
also the ph is rather stable. 5.6-6.3 slowely changing

Moshmen

Moshmen

The droop and overall pale unhealthy look is what's making think something is going on with the roots.
For sure I’m not a hydro guy but the ec seems a bit much at this stage as well? Could be causing some uptake issues

jguit

jguit

Supporter
For sure I’m not a hydro guy but the ec seems a bit much at this stage as well? Could be causing some uptake issues
Possibly.. 1.2 EC isn't really a whole lot though, at least not where i'd think you'd lock anything out. Especially decent size plants like he has.

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

The droop and overall pale unhealthy look is what's making think something is going on with the roots.
Its would a conincidence if that would be in both resevoirs. I’ve seen rootpeoblems in this set up before and the leaves ussualy dont universally go yellow like this. But more randomly with burn. But I’ll check them to be sure.

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

Possibly.. 1.2 EC isn't really a whole lot though, at least not where i'd think you'd lock anything out. Especially decent size plants like he has.
I’m gonna check the roots, change the water and nutes and dimm the lights and look for improvements.

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

Pretty sure ec is not the problem, I’ve used these nuts kn this setting 15 times and 1.2 was always the sweet spot.

growsince79

growsince79

Probably not enough... Raise the light...

Moshmen

Moshmen

Certainly a possibility. I'm currently at 2.1 EC in my DTW coco grow. I was starving my plants @ 1.5 EC which seems to be what most folks recommend.
That’s crazy. Looks like I’m gonna have a serious learning curve when I move to rockwool here this summer . If I fed my soil plants 2 ec they would hate me lmao

Top Bottom