Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
For sure.
Are they even drinking?

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

That’s crazy. Looks like I’m gonna have a serious learning curve when I move to rockwool here this summer . If I fed my soil plants 2 ec they would hate me lmao
I’ve run an Ec of 1.8 in dwc without any problems in the past. I have this feeling it also depends on the type of nutes you use.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
That’s crazy. Looks like I’m gonna have a serious learning curve when I move to rockwool here this summer . If I fed my soil plants 2 ec they would hate me lmao
Yea, my current grow is my first run in dtw coco. I kept upping my feed until i reached 1.5 EC and stayed there for a while since that seems to be what the coco folks we doing. I noticed my plants were just looking a little lame and decided to up my feed to 2 and their vigor returned. I'd imagine it has something to do with starting with RO and the nutes used. I don't use any additional calmag, i have a feeling that's why i need to run things a little higher.

I might try rockwool at some point too but it seems a little crazy. haha! The learning curve for coco has been minimal (coming from promix).

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Good catch! Humidity is pretty high and the leaf temps are probably much lower than 77F under LEDs.

Funny, I've never paid much attention to VPD but it seems like growers have been intuitively doing it all along.

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

I’ve run an Ec of 1.8 in dwc without any problems in the past. I have this feeling it also depends on the type of nutes you use.
Good catch! Humidity is pretty high and the leaf temps are probably much lower than 77F under LEDs.

Funny, I've never paid much attention to VPD but it seems like growers have been intuitively doing it all along.
I’ll check leaf temps and print a vpd chart. But the temps of the leafs are more likely to be 80. The 77 is measured at the bottom.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I’ll check leaf temps and print a vpd chart. But the temps of the leafs are more likely to be 80. The 77 is measured at the bottom.
Gotcha. Yea, i was thinking you were measuring above the canopy. My leaf temps are always around -5F lower.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Vpd is good imo
Screenshot 20220130 110648 Google

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

thanks guys

I’m gonna adjust some of these parameters.

Give new nutes, check the roots. Throw in some pondsaver. Trime some leaves and create some better flow down low.

See if i can make the girls happy before I flip the switch.

30roll

30roll

I have a plant that is like that. When I transplanted it, the roots were brown. I was probably overwatering the crap out of it..
Root Rot..
It hasn't bounced back yet..

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Yeh I don't even mess with all the EC stuff... I am lucky that it all just works "automagically" for me.....

The only thing I do different from you, is the silicate... and I am wondering about what would happen if you didn't add it?

CannaViridis

CannaViridis

I have a plant that is like that. When I transplanted it, the roots were brown. I was probably overwatering the crap out of it..
Root Rot..
It hasn't bounced back yet..
Have you tried hydrogaurd/pondsaver? I’ve had half dead plants form nice white roots within days.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest. If everything else is good (temps, RH, light intensity, pH, roots, root zone temps) the only thing you havent tried was bumping up your EC. I'd wait for advice from another rdwc grower though.

What's the new growth looking like today? Any pics?

Latest posts

Top Bottom