YETI F3

• Thread starter ohthatguy8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

@symbiote420 I feel for ya brother, I hate having my schedule out of whack. yeah you would think at the f3 stage they'd be more predictable. If I find the truth tho I won't be complaining. Also take in cuts and root them yourself I think alot of things come in the medium. Not that it's a end all beat all but you eliminate half the possible problems.

burn4me

burn4me

My issues are worse than that bro, atleast you made it into bloom! These F3s have probably been, naw let me be straight up, these F3s have been the most difficult strain/cross that I've ever tried to grow in my life, bar none!!!

I really wanted to try these out and breed with a good male too but one more mishap and I'm tossing em out! I know my tent is a lil on the hot side but everything else in there is thriving & smooth sailing ...both my Mackinaw OGs phenos, the SFV OG, Larry OG, SFV OG x Stardawg, and my '88 Ghash keeper ...and for the most part it was waaay hotter than it's been in there lately!
I've read all the info I could on the Yeti cause I heard they could be quite finicky and based off what I found they should actually be fine with the higher temps & humidity being they were worked outdoors and all but I'm truly lost with em right now, I've been growing em since July 1 and they are only between 12" - 23" and growing sickly. The cuts I took off my other gals have passed by them and I've found nothing in my soil except a few gnats so now I'm gonna try another repot today and see what happens but if they don't perk up in the next 10 days I'm sorry but they're gone! Gonna blow if I have wasted all that time and space but that's life. They were supposed to hit the bloomer tonite so now my schedule is totally whacked .....can't put plants that are hurtin' into flower so now I'm not gonna have many plants to harvest in the upcoming months now unless I do something I said I'd never do again ......take in clones!!
im finding the same thing bro. Lol yeti probably wasn't the best 1st OG type for me but live and learn i guess.

symbiote420

symbiote420

@symbiote420 I feel for ya brother, I hate having my schedule out of whack. yeah you would think at the f3 stage they'd be more predictable. If I find the truth tho I won't be complaining. Also take in cuts and root them yourself I think alot of things come in the medium. Not that it's a end all beat all but you eliminate half the possible problems.

I wanted the truth too, especially after seeing Green Dot's grows!! When I say how fast yours took off past mine I just thought it was because you were running dro but now I know it's the beans .....talked with a few bros that are experiencing the same lack of vigor with these F3s, maybe it's like one of our bros said "loompa's work is the shit but they are probably best for growing outdoors!" I truly believe that now cause in my long stretch at this I've never ran into something I couldn't rub the right way, especially while still in the veg stage!! I only take in cuts that way but I need some teens that are ready to go, these F3s were supposed to hit the bloomer over a week or two ago, they're in the 11th week from germ and looking no older than 4 wk old seedlings!

im finding the same thing bro. Lol yeti probably wasn't the best 1st OG type for me but live and learn i guess.

I've been growing for quite awhile now, I've grown plenty of finicky plants including some of the OG cuts like Larry, Ghost, SFV, and some hybrids ....always had relatively easy grows with em! One of the things that has me baffled is none of my root products seem to make the roots grow like they do my other plants!! They've been growing for 10 wks and my three week old cuts (SFV and Ghash) have a larger root mass! :confused:

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

@symbiote420 11weeks wtf!! But that's right on cuz we germed on the same day. I wish I had a legit source for some teens so you could keep your schedule. I'm not claiming to be anyone special but I crack my fair share of seeds n these seeds kicked my but. I got 8 plants from 14 seeds n every seed that germed made it. I think that's 60% germ rate

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Mine are growing fine just had lousy germ rates lousy m/f rates and some balls on my ladies. Other than that all is well!
wow, I feel lucky .. I have had 90% germ rate, great growth (root and leaves ) . My only problem has been the attack of the Russets that came right after I had planted my first round of Loompa beans. They killed off all but 3 bx2's, 3 f3's and 1 moondawg (that turned out male). My latest popping had 100% germination and are toe to toe with my Motarebel beans popped at the same time. I am all organic ROLS grower, @symbiote420 are you chemy or OG grower>? I know LOOMpa farms is all Organic SOil so maybe mine are thriving because I use the same general methods as they do?? ....

Feel bad for you guys having such a hard time. Hell some of the beans @ohthatguy8 grew out came from the same pack as mine, and mine have had no problems... not sure what to think. Maybe Loompa beans prefer soil organics? just throwing out ideas here...

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

wow, I feel lucky .. I have had 90% germ rate, great growth (root and leaves ) . My only problem has been the attack of the Russets that came right after I had planted my first round of Loompa beans. They killed off all but 3 bx2's, 3 f3's and 1 moondawg (that turned out male). My latest popping had 100% germination and are toe to toe with my Motarebel beans popped at the same time. I am all organic ROLS grower, @symbiote420 are you chemy or OG grower>? I know LOOMpa farms is all Organic SOil so maybe mine are thriving because I use the same general methods as they do?? ....

Feel bad for you guys having such a hard time. Hell some of the beans @ohthatguy8 grew out came from the same pack as mine, and mine have had no problems... not sure what to think. Maybe Loompa beans prefer soil organics? just throwing out ideas here...
I have had.100% germ rates on the beans you gave me. I wonder if going thru customs machines zapped the seeds. I know that's going out on a limb

symbiote420

symbiote420

@Andy Genesis I'm All-ganic too, 100%!!!! There in ProMix w/ a lil Ancient Forest & perlite, I've been feeding the 1st ones to sprout seabird guano/kelp teas and the others I popped a week after I amended the Promix w/ dry ferts and have been feeding castings/molasses every week! I went ahead and gave em all a repot into a mix I had cooking of ProMIx, castings, neem meal, and Fruit & Flower 5-8-4 .....just started adding the neem meal into everything as a systemic preventative against pests and it's supposed to improve the health of the roots & leaves! I'm about to start putting some in my teas as well.

T

Trip8

I soaked 19 f3's, got 18 to pop. Culled I think 3 severe mutants and a runt. Left me with 14. Out of those a full 10 were males. I flowered the 4 females and although they were a healthy lush green, they all stayed behind everything else in the garden. My skywalker was shoulder to shoulder and looked 2-3 weeks ahead. In the end they never produced like the rest of the room and were loose to very loose in structure. They never showed a deficiency and seemed happy as hell not producing. I had already cloned them so this round I ran only one clone of each hoping for better. From clone all 4 have been vigorous, hungry and a hell of a lot more productive. Everything about them is better tight structure, way louder. I've been lagging behind y'all with pix I know. I will be posting some up in the next few days. My point is though I've seen differences in clone runs as we all have on the regular. Never this big a diff before. Crazy. But glad I kept them because now I think it's gonna be hard to pick just one out of the 4. Best, 8

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

One male smelled awesome. Like I wanted to smoke him. The female was a runt and whack in every way. I pitched the finished product after no one would take it. This female seems like it's gonna be the shit. It started sketchy but it's all about the finished product! If the clone runs true it will be nice to have.

So did any one of them stand out to you in the first run with them @ohthatguy8?

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

20140910 181800

Top Bottom